FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: yamamoto double tail hula grubs  (Read 2904 times)

ksro326

yamamoto double tail hula grubs
« on: Apr 07, 2008, 09:44 AM »
anyone use them and what do you think about them?

Pork Rind

Re: yamamoto double tail hula grubs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Love them;

It is my primary bait.  I guess  I have confidence in them.  Love the smoke and purple.  I should use more baits, but I seem to have catches with them.

ksro326

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2008, 04:56 PM »
How do you rig them?

Pork Rind

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Look at the tails from the side, I use a jig head with wide gap.  you want the hook to come out the opposite side that the tail lie.  Did that make sense :P :P

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I love the double-tails too...  I just wish they weren't so expensive...

I swear by the rootbeer colored ones...  Sometimes I leave the hula skirt on, and sometimes I  pinch it off to create a 'normal' twin-tailed grub...

Smallmouth go BONKERS over them- and sometimes they seem to like the grubs better without the hula...  Largemouth, on the other hand, don't really seem to care either way...

If I had to choose one lure for smallmouth- it'd be these...  I rig them on a normal 1/8 lead jig head... Rootbeer or black- all the way...

Put the hook point straight down the center of the tube and thread it on so it exits between the base of the two tails...  They are killers...

Down deep and bounced real slowly- they always seem to produce... 

Now can't someone manufacture them for less than seven bucks a dozen?  Yammamoto is getting out of control...

Someone tell Gary to lower the price, huh?
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

ksro326

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2008, 04:56 PM »
i bought some yamamoto for an outrageous amount and then found that chompers makes the same thing less colors but probably equally effective.... i hope

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:44 PM »
I like the white rigged weightless and weedless on a wide gap worm hook.  They work great in shallow weedy bays for both bass and northern pike.  I wish they made a slightly bigger version like a 4 or 5 inch.  Just cast and retrieve in a straight line with a few twitches to flair the hula skirt.  I always rig with steel leaders, and it doesn't seem to bother the bass at all.  I am fishing murky stained water though.

kc17

bassranger

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I use the ones made by chompers I find the action to be a little better plus they have ton's of scent on them and last alot longer than yamamoto's. XPS from bass pro also make's a good spider grub.  I rig mine on a spot remover jig head and just bounce them back to the boat they are my go to bait when smallmouth fishing.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.