FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WALLEYE, 14 DAYS!!!  (Read 4888 times)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
WALLEYE, 14 DAYS!!!
« on: Apr 16, 2004, 08:50 AM »
where do you go for walleye on opening? im mainly just curious how many of you from here are out on chatauqua with me when the bell tolls midnight, but im curious to see where others go as well! as for me and chatauqua at midnight, i will take the FRS and be on channel 7 from midnight till day light! i will be somewhere between the BELL TOWER and the north end in all our usual haunts... we stay in IRWIN BAY COTTAGES right next to BIG ED'S. we have stayed there for the last 8 years, met the owner and offered work for rooming... works out great. we do everything from docks in/docks out to general maintanence and we were given our own cabin that doesnt get rented out! sleeps 6... if we need more room we get a cabin for 20 bucks per person per night...gotta love it! plus with having the one cabin, we can feel safe leaving things down there and not toting them back and forth every trip!
see ya out there!

wkules

• Lookin' for EYES !!!
Re: WALLEYE, 14 DAYS!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2004, 09:21 AM »
We'll be in the Allegheny Reservoir, not quite as early (or late depending on how you look at it) as you will be but pretty close. We're usually out there around 3:30 - 4:00 am. I am getting the shakes just thinking about it, I wake up almost every morning thinking "Is it here yet?" I think I've checked my gear about 7 - 8 times already and will probably check it 5 - 6 more before the openers here!
When the tip dips......PULL !!!!
Wayne

eyedoktr

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Sure, all you guys just have to remind me. Due to some planned surgery on the 28th of this month, I will miss only my second walleye opener in about 30 years. I WILL make up for it though.

Good luck to all.
Pete Lewis

FrankM

• I was going for onesies. Oh yeah, here's twosies!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2004, 11:20 AM »
We will be letting out our lines at 12:01 AM on Chautauqua also.  We will probably launch at Prendergast and keep moving till we find them. We will keep a radio tuned to channel 7 so we can send/recieve real time fishing reports.  I'm praying for good weather and hungry walleyes.
Truth is stranger than fiction, Judgy Wudgy
A prodigious achievement.
It's stupendous.
It's colossal.
It's putrid.

Polar

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2004, 11:46 AM »
chatauqua lake is where I'm going The first two times then shifting gears and going to the river.

Jdawg67

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:12 PM »
Well probably head down to Chautaqua for the opener or maybe go out and fish Hamburg beach in Erie.  Haven't done either in a few years.  Looking forward to it this year.   First comes goble goble goble BANG.   Right to the deep fryer.

optimisticFisher

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2004, 12:24 PM »
I've only fished chautaqua for five years straight - never hit a Walleye - we headed north into Canada last year and in the first 5 hours around dusk hit a walleye keeper. Every one else was doing just as well - a lot of northerns, several walleye. This year we will test the waters of Black Lake.

Every year in chautaqua all we saw were a lot of long faces anyone out there with proof of catching a keeper walleye in the last two years I would be interested in seeing the proof.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2004, 01:04 PM »
Um Turkey Hunting first for me for sure followed up by afternoon/evening Pike Fishing!

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

kappy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2004, 03:00 PM »
that was good slipbob,,  I will take a few too frenzy, I will be hitting conesus
or sodus,,   but won't be there at exactly midnight.. any one have any luck at either of these 2 places during the day..  always have my luck at night..

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2004, 03:18 PM »
all i gotta say optomistic... is if ya didnt catch any, you werent fishing in chatauqua lake.... yeah, ya gotta move but they are there... dont have proof by pic but my belly can tell ya! if you go there this year and dont have atleast one fish by 3 oclock... call me on channel 7 and i'll give you all mine and go back out for more!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2004, 03:32 PM »
or if you cant find me, put on a wally diver and hit them in the head... that will catch 'em!
seriously... what method of fishing for the eyes on chatauqua are you using?... maybe its your technique! last year was a rough start, we didnt find them in our usual places, but move if you must instead of beating a dead horse and sure enough...we found them... had 3 people limit out in 2 hours! also, we were fending off a bunch of muskies that night! every third fish was a muskie... i wanted to start breaking out their teeth it was getting so annoying! or it might have even been the same muskies over and over, who knows!
i will tell you my most used lures out there but cant give away the secret spotssssss..... #11 rapalas in black/silver  black/gold  or clown... jointed #11 blue/white   #11 vampire and lastly a trout colored thunderstick... all our raps have modified painted glow eyes... not sure if this is a key factor but we catch da fish! all fished on 6lb line with a ball bearing swivel...those d**n things are expensive...lol

got em

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2004, 03:54 PM »
 ;) might try the tommy hanock!!!! there are walleys in there arnt there..ha ha .. :D

Jigwiggler

« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2004, 03:55 PM »
oakorchardfishking

Are you trolling those raps or casting shoreline and structure?
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2004, 04:30 PM »
oakorchardfishking

Are you trolling those raps or casting shoreline and structure?
TROLLING.... we mainly troll at night with the stickbailts and during the day we jig!

Bronzeback

« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2004, 04:34 PM »
I will be on Erie

The canal ..............not the lake

Many a walleye caught..........many to be caught yet.

Bronzeback
I prefer Smallmouth with my coffee!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.