FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Free Abandoned Ice Shacks  (Read 4358 times)

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
Free Abandoned Ice Shacks
« on: Apr 19, 2008, 06:22 PM »
 There is a thread on Iceshany.com about  shacks left on shore at Highland lake , The Windam end . The land owners want them gone . 

here is a link  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=83986.msg826661;topicseen#new

from IFW website!:
Laws Regarding Placement of Ice Fishing Shacks
It is illegal for any person who owns any shack or temporary structure used for ice fishing to place or allow the shack or structure to be placed on the ice of any inland water more than 3 days before the water is opened to ice fishing.

Any ice fishing shack left for more than 15 days on property not owned by the person owning the shack, without permission of the landowner, is considered abandoned and may be removed or destroyed by the landowner. The landowner may recover any costs incurred for removal or destruction of the shack through civil action. 

tbtool

• Its hard being this addicted to fishing
Re: Free Abandoned Ice Shacks
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Two years ago i had some one leave there shack at my grandparents camp on horne pond.  I called them several times and they said they would take care of the shack.  This was in may.  One weekend we decided to haul the hack to his house, with out a trailer.  We pulled the shack 3 miles down the pavement.  There wasnt much left to it when we dropped it off
Tight lines

Todd

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Two years ago i had some one leave there shack at my grandparents camp on horne pond.  I called them several times and they said they would take care of the shack.  This was in may.  One weekend we decided to haul the hack to his house, with out a trailer.  We pulled the shack 3 miles down the pavement.  There wasnt much left to it when we dropped it off
:rotflol:

Wilsonlaker2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2008, 08:06 AM »
There were some iced-in shacks over to Wilson P (Wilton) on the inlet end by the island when I took my ice shack on March 30. Anybody know if they are still there?

sticks

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2008, 06:56 PM »
went and looked at those shacks, both of them arent that bad at all.
a little garden hackle and a fly will fill the creal everytime.

nofishin

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2008, 07:15 PM »
sticks.  i need one but i don't have a trailer.  anyone have a trailer?  there is a nice one at the station too.  my trailer is in byron at my camp.  i'm in if someone wants to give me a hand

nathancarter

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2008, 07:21 PM »
ive got a trailer.....but I live by Belfast... :-[

nofishin

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2008, 07:28 PM »
ive got a trailer.....but I live by Belfast... :-[
thanks but that is a bit of a drive.  i have been eyeing a couple for a while now.  i don't know why people are so lazy.  if we keep having warm weather and the snow melts in byron i will go and get the trailer. 

Downeaster2007

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2008, 06:35 AM »
There is still a shack out on Songo Pond, in Bethel.  Another abandoned shack lies on the side of route 118 at
Hobbs pond in Norway.  What are people think about.  This will cause us all problems when we want to use the
access points.  Neighbors that live beside access points don't want to have to discard an ice shack, that someone
just decided not to bother with.  There ought to be a fine accompanied by the state to offenders.
My life is enjoying the Maine's outdoors, for whats left of it that the states
biologist, haven't ruined.

jimmie333

• Fish On!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2008, 07:44 AM »
A real nice newly built 8x8 on the side of the road by Tripp Pond. Less then a mile from Intersection of RT26 and RT11. I saw it there yesterday. Out looking to replace my Tacoma that Toyota confiscated from me. (frame rot damage). My rental car wouldn't haul it home!

troutchaser

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2008, 08:23 AM »
your supposed to have your name and town and phone number on shacks then get fined     some could still have gear in them ?

Mike G

« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Post some photos - I'm looking for 1 or 2 shacks to add to the Belgrade Lakes Armada.

chief613

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2008, 04:07 PM »
anybody thought that maybe some of the "abandoned" shacks may have gotton permission to leave for a while or are on the owners property? Are they really just free for the picking or are the property of the land owner? It is pretty ridiculous that people are just too dam lazy and leave them. Its good that others a willing to haul them off, but it could get ugly too  :)

troutchaser

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2008, 09:08 PM »
anybody thought that maybe some of the "abandoned" shacks may have gotton permission to leave for a while or are on the owners property? Are they really just free for the picking or are the property of the land owner? It is pretty ridiculous that people are just too dam lazy and leave them. Its good that others a willing to haul them off, but it could get ugly too  :)         youd think theyd leave a note ay

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2008, 02:46 AM »
anybody thought that maybe some of the "abandoned" shacks may have gotton permission to leave for a while or are on the owners property? Are they really just free for the picking or are the property of the land owner? It is pretty ridiculous that people are just too dam lazy and leave them. Its good that others a willing to haul them off, but it could get ugly too  :)

the 2 on highland right in the boat ramp used by everyone on that end of the lake do not have permission . One of the land owners is the one on iceshanty looking for people to come and get them . 

;D ;D ;D  They are both gone  ;D ;D ;D
          Thanks who ever got them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.