FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Everyone's boat ready now  (Read 3439 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Everyone's boat ready now
« on: Apr 24, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Well does everyone have their boat ready yet? All I have to do is change my plugs on my motor and maybe tidy up a little more. Can't wait to get out. Anyone buy a boat this year? My reliable 14ft lund will be with me for life.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Ashnohgrimbatul

Re: Everyone's boat ready now
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2004, 12:59 PM »
My boat (technically my dad's 14' Lund :)) is almost ready.....just have to check the bearings on the trailer.  I'm going to look at a 12' car topper tomorrow.   

powderburns

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2004, 10:58 PM »
It's still in a snow-bank. It's still winter over here. Our lakes have a foot of snow on them yet.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2004, 08:01 AM »
Just bought a 16 foot Lund with a 25HP Johnson on it. Somehow, I need to get it off of the trailer so I can sand down and repaint the trailer. Any of you guy's out there got a bright idea how I can accomplish this? Want to hear your ideas no matter how outlandished they might sound. In fact, the more outlandish'er(if that's a word) the better. ;) My buddy and I are going to remove part of the middle bench seat so I can have a continuous flat floor. Still have to install navigation lights on it and I'm going to attempt to install an electric starter on the motor. Then I think I'll be ready to take on some of those fish that you Manitoba dude's have been bragging about. Will they really tow me and my boat around? ;) Would Manitoba dude's really try to bs an old bs'er?  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2004, 08:08 AM »
Dirtball - back your boat up to a tree or stationary object.  Fasten transom of boat to tree or stationary object w/ rope or whatever.  Unhook winch and any straps attaching boat to trailer.  Drive foward SLOWLY.  The boat should slide right off.  When you go to put the boat back on the trailer.  Prop the front end up high enough so that you can back the trailer right up to the bottom of the boat.  If your trailer has rollers it should winch right on for you.  If it has bunks, wet them or spray them with silicone first.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

mrhook

• Fishing Fin-Addict!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2004, 08:43 PM »
Yeah thats sounds right. Thats how i do to mine. I gotta 13' fiberglass princecraft runabout with a 55HP :o :o :o evinrude. Works like a charm when you got work to do on the trailer! Good luck ;D ;D ;D The only thing now is that I gotta get mine ready! Havent even started yet!
Well it IS ready I guess ............  FOR FALL!!!!!  aaahhh
teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Dirtball this is what my brother-in-laws and I did with my 14ft lund. We looped the front end of the boat through the rafters of the garage and slowlly lifted it while pulling the trailer out from underneath it. We than placed saw horses underneath it . Hey it might sound crazy bit it worked. Getting it back on was just as easy. 8) 8) 8)

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2004, 02:26 AM »
Woot!  Bought a 12' Smokercraft today!  Perfect cartopper!  I'm so phsyced, hope I can catch a d**n trout before the regular seaon opens. :)

mrhook

• Fishing Fin-Addict!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Did you get a motor as well or do you already have one?

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #9 on: Apr 30, 2004, 04:54 PM »
No motor yet.  I'm gonna use my trolling motor for now, but I'd like to get a 5Hp motor for it fairly soon.

mrhook

• Fishing Fin-Addict!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 30, 2004, 05:57 PM »
If your looking there is a great guy I bought mine from. Nikki in Selkirk. Awesome guy. He wont sell you a p.o.s. either. I ve had 2 motors from him and would recomend to everyone. If your interested i'll give you his number.

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2004, 06:01 PM »
Is he a dealer?  Does he sell used motors (that's all I can really afford :)).  Thanks.

mrhook

• Fishing Fin-Addict!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2004, 06:16 PM »
Yeah he deals in used motors and almost any part your looking for! Runs his own business selling boats, motors and insurance adjusting etc. Very nice FAIR guy! Always willing to make a deal!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Well I vacumed and washed the boat again this weekend. I even sat in the d**n thing. Just have to change the plugs and I am off. d**n weather better warm up however it would not be the first time I fished on opening day when the temperature barely climbed above freezing.

powderburns

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 07:59 PM »
For Ashnohgrimbatul + anyone else looking for a used motor or boat go to buysell.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.