FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mounting a electric trolling motor.  (Read 749 times)

WOLF1964

Mounting a electric trolling motor.
« on: Mar 09, 2009, 03:21 PM »
I have a 16 foot deep v hull closed bow boat with a 85 horse. I have a trolling motor on the back mounted next to the motor. I want to mount it on the front so its pulling and not pushing. Seems to me it would be easier to steer in the front than the back. It does work back there but seems to be more of a pain to control. Its a older plainjane trolling motor but was wondering if anyone has ever mounted one up front? I guess I would have to figure out how to drop it down and control it but i can figure all that stuff. Just the mounting is what I was wondering...!

Thanks for any input.

Glen...

lakeeffect

Re: Mounting a electric trolling motor.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2009, 04:49 PM »
wolf1964, not a bad idea I guess I have never seen one that way except for electric. I'm not too sure the bow is built strong enough to take the torque and stress that would be applied where as a transom mount is built to take the type of forces that occur. I would be interested in how it works for you. :flag:
Always on the water

bluenose30

• i look better in low light!
Re: Mounting a electric trolling motor.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2009, 11:00 PM »
there r mounts out there that just clamp on the side of your boat. we have used them on john boats. i always like the trolling motor on the bow of the boat personally. they have a lot of new things for trolling motor mounts, u should check them out.
DON'T MESS W/ ME.... I WILL STING YA!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.