FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: chatterbait  (Read 7113 times)

Casey W

• Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
chatterbait
« on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:02 PM »
just wondering if anyone has used one before i bought a chartuse one today, just want to know how good it works.

[IMG]http://[IMG]

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: chatterbait
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:11 PM »

My tournment partner has some and I have never seen him catch any thing on them.. Just like any other bait the fish just got to be in the mood to eat it....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lpv89

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:12 PM »
i do not like them!

i think there terrible!

ive thrown them when the bite seemed to be irresistable everything is hitting everything...

waht do you know nothing!

maybe i fish them wrong. who knows
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

chimo

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:50 PM »
I like them.  I only started fishing them last year but I had some luck.  They vibrate like crazy.  Caught a bunch of bass throwing them at night during the summer and also quite a few working them over or around weeds/cover.  Picked up the occasional northern along with the bass.  They don't shed weeds quite as good saftey pin style spinnerbaits but the bounce off docks and wood really well.  good fishin

chimo

Casey W

• Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2009, 07:02 PM »
well it was only 5 bucks so i gess i didnt lose alot of money lol

[IMG]http://[IMG]

stingdave9119

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:42 PM »
i love them try putting a zoom fluke on that match's the size of the chatter your throwing and color.  do really well with the red and white ones and the mini chatterbaits.  work well around docks and over cover. also work well jigging weed lines can be worked many different ways

Captain1978

« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2009, 06:17 PM »
I've seen the pros catch alot on their fishing shows. I bought a couple last year but no bites. I prob need to be more patient with them. Like anything else, you gotta throw it at the time they want it. I'll prob pick up a few more and spend a lil more time with them.
El Capitano

WeaponsOfBassDestruction

• I Need More Cowbell!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Ive had pretty good luck with them. its just like any lure, you just have to hit it at the right time. i find that they work best in the spring in deep water. the best presentation i would have to say is using them like a jig on the bottom. my favorite color has to be the blue and black.

LittleMac

« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2009, 03:31 PM »
I love the chatterbait especially with a braided line. You can feel it really well. I've found good luck with it as it can be fished many ways.

anthonyebola

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Used it in shallow grass alot, and had much more luck with the Pike... Not my favorite lure but It definitely has it's place

StumpJumper

• Trophy Bass
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Last Summer did not have much luck with the chatterbait! The year they came out strong 2007  I believe. I caught some Nice Bass on the 3/8's Green one with gold blade.around timber and weeds.one day caught fifty bass & pike on the chatterbait. I have caught a 6.8 lb.& 6.14 lb bass on the green one. They seem to have their times to use them. But I think their a great bait alot of Vibration with the braided lines and action.  :) 8)
happyBassN

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2009, 05:27 PM »
I put them more in the shallow early pike group than the bass group. They can be like buzz baits, a little too much ruckus for bass but just right for pike. ;)

Snapper

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:39 AM »
I love them for a verity of things, you can burn them, slow roll them, swim them of the bottom like a jig and they hook fish in my area.  On local waters it is one of my go to lures.  Every lure has it’s time and place same with color combinations, I do not think it was a wasted $5.00 at all. 

Good luck,

Snapper     

stingdave9119

« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2009, 08:26 AM »
they are like most baits that u just start out using. take some time to learn how to use them, and wat size best fits imho i think they should put more of the mini chatterbaits out for sale than they do.

brokenline

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2009, 09:36 PM »
i bought the 1/8 and 1/4 oz ones in carturse and gold they work ok... i got a few hits on the green one,  i also replaced the plastic minnow deal with a live minnow then started getting bites..
still waiting on free willy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.