FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HumminBird LCR400 Transducer?????????????  (Read 4788 times)

DasRottweiler

• The BEST time to fish? WHENEVER YA CAN!
HumminBird LCR400 Transducer?????????????
« on: Mar 23, 2009, 10:50 AM »
I have an old HumminBird LCR400 that I am thinking of converting to a portable. Gonna buy a Vexilar battery and put it in a small square rubbermaid type 2 gal container with a carry handle and  mount unit to top . Was wondering if anyone had a transducer /cable for this antique kickin round in the boat junk drawer/shelf/shed?
Transducer plug is on rite in pic of rear of unit. I`ll pay to ship! Thanx!

Pretty much anything HumminBird will work from that era, as long as plug is the same.

Nor Easter

Re: HumminBird LCR400 Transducer?????????????
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2009, 09:22 PM »
You may be able to find an emergency exit sign battery for cheaper than Vexilar. That's what I did with my HumminBird Wide100. I also had to use a different transducer because the old one didn't stand up to the winter temps. I spliced in a Lowrance 'ducer and it's been working fine for about 10 years. I use it in my canoe, with rented boats and also ice fishing.

The plug is about the only thing you'll have to get creative with. If you have the old one, you're all set. The cable is just a coax: center wire surrounded by a braided ground.

I spliced mine by laying the wires side by side, twisting the ends together, soldering that, taping it up. Then twisting the grounds together and wrapping foil over the whole thing to keep interference out of the center lead.

DasRottweiler

• The BEST time to fish? WHENEVER YA CAN!
Re: HumminBird LCR400 Transducer?????????????
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2009, 09:21 AM »
I have found a transducer at HumminBird site-  $42
Your advice got me thinking , I pulled apart an old APC battery backup for PCs etc. Tada! 12v rechargeable inside, Unfortunately, the battery was cracked and no good!
But, I found a battery and charger for $30 at>> http://www../cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=RUZ5NBBSFB4UJLAQBBICCNVMCAEFCIWE?id=0036388018049a&navCount=1&podId=0036388&parentId=cat601356&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602025-cat601356&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601356&hasJS=true&_requestid=22472
I will keep an eye out for an exit sign battery however! Unfortunately I do not have an old plug that fits so I`m gonna bite the bullet, I think ,and buy the Humminbird transducer that is for it at $42. For roughly $75 I got me an Ice-Unit. Not quite the machine a Vex is , but cheap and useful . TY for the tips/help!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.