FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hoping to do some island camping/fishing  (Read 1608 times)

Fish Seeker

Hoping to do some island camping/fishing
« on: May 06, 2004, 08:20 PM »
I used to do a lot of backcountry canoe trips and really enjoyed the seclusion.  I was hoping to get out and do some of that type of camping with my fishing boat instead.

Any ideas on possible locations, I was thinking of LOTW but welcome other ideas.  I don't really need total seclusion but i'd like to get back to camping away from the car campers and the buzz of a formal campsite.

Where in Winnipeg can I find maps on LOTW?

Fish Seeker

grumpymoe

Re: Hoping to do some island camping/fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 09:47 PM »
fish seeker.....lotw has alot of secluded islands that are inhabited.....the southern portion of the lake may find some spots...but the houseboats usually end up with the best spots.....suggest taking a wee bit further of a drive and head toward siouc narrows or nestor falls area.... a zillion spots to camp and fish your day away.....grump

Aaron Wiebe

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 11:49 PM »
I know there are hundreds of places to explore in NW Ontario, but if you want to stay in Manitoba the Winnipeg River has many good sections. Lots of water to explore from Pointe.
Lots of good lakes in the Nopiming too...

Fish Seeker

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Grump,  we're kind of pressed for time on the weekend of the 28th but still hoping to see some water.  Biggest problem is buddy's wife getting off work in time to make a camp.  I'm assuming we want to be off the water by 9pm don't like boating in the dark, never mind in a new area.

What about putting in around Clearwater Bay?  What is that area like for possible campsites and fishing.  Also what is the water like for hidden prop eaters?

Also any govt dept I have to pay homage to if i'm camping on an island? :-\

Fish Seeker

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.