FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 6 lb LARGEMOUTH  (Read 9041 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
6 lb LARGEMOUTH
« on: Jun 13, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Posted this in the Fishing Picture section, but figured i'd put is here was well. 5 lb, 14 oz.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

jibbs

Re: 6 lb LARGEMOUTH
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2009, 11:30 AM »
nice fish.........fat belly huh?.......
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Oh yea, wish i would have done a stomach shot, nice fat, wide stomach.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Oh yea, wish i would have done a stomach shot, nice fat, wide stomach.
   Probably still had eggs......They are not done spawning everywhere!......Nice Bass,      Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

Zorros shack

• This account is closed.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2009, 08:45 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie:  glub. Swimming bass!!!
<(((<

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2009, 01:56 PM »
got one to match..........picked up this week on senko.....perfect place for a big fish.......at the end of point in a small set of pads........right before the water drops to thirty......went to this place 3 more times that week and picked up the biggest fish of the day there each time.......here's a look.......6lbs 7 oz
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Looks like twins... I got mine off a red and black spinnerbait early spring.

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Looks like twins... I got mine off a red and black spinnerbait early spring.
nothing better then a spinnerbait bite........as for this girl........i was spacing out and just dead sticking the senko in the pads and boom........all the pads disappeared.......i knew it could be a good one, but sometimes......as you probably know........you can catch a small one and it pulls through the weeds like a biggin, but when she came out of the water i knew i had something big........i really didn't realize the size until it was brought in the boat.......its my second biggest ever on a rod  and reel and my 6th six pounder overall.........i just can't get over the 7 pound range.......i think when i do it will be through the ice......i caught my biggest (6lbs 10 oz) 4 years ago on a lucky craft crankbait......pulled the lure all the way to the boat and looked down and it was starring at it......hit it and just sat there.....one crank and the fight was on.........pulled drag like a mad man........exciting though......the people i was with have never seen a bass that big......blew their mind.......good luck out there and lets get another........

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2009, 06:32 PM »
There was a few early weed patches for the time of year, and is where this one was hanging out..... she hit the spinnerbait about 15-20 ft away from the boat leaving me a small lane to play her in, glad I had 20 lb fireline cause she would have snapped me for sure.

I'm in the same challenge as you. I oficially havent broken the 7 lb mark. Ive caught a 6.1, 6.3, 6.6, and one that may have been closer to 7, but didn't have a scale.

I have good luck with the 7" senko/gamakatsu worms . It's always hard to say, but it seems like I catch more bigger fish with em', especially for large mouth. There very versatile, and give a good presnetation.

jibbs

« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:03 AM »
i am the same way........i fish a lot of tournaments and i like to go as shallow as i can........if the wind picks up i like to fish fast with a spinnerbait or lipless crankbait........i read and article this week about a guy that has caught 800 bass over 10 pounds..........mostly in florida, texas, and california, but 90% have something in common.......they all came in 5 feet or less........i think if we keep plugging away it will happen.........

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:11 AM »
Definately agree with the 5 feet or less theory..... all my 5-6 lb bass came from this range.

Keepah Seekah

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:17 AM »
i caught a 5.14 pounder back in late may, my biggest to date. caught her in newport at sebasticook lake in about 4 feet of water.
<br /><br />Striper fishing isn't a hobby, a hobby is something you do in yer spare time!!

bee

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2009, 06:35 AM »
You guys have caught them all thats why i can,t hook one.  Nice Bass.
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2009, 07:10 AM »
You guys have caught them all thats why i can,t hook one.  Nice Bass.
As much as you fish BEE, you'll get one ;D

jibbs

« Reply #14 on: Aug 05, 2009, 09:20 PM »
5 lbs 8 ounces.......the day before the fullmoon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.