FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Lake Salmon Trip  (Read 1409 times)

wallin

Big Lake Salmon Trip
« on: Jul 22, 2009, 08:32 AM »
On vac. this week so going to try and fish every day-lol.
Wife has to work so I have boat and will travel-lol.
Got with friend and took another friend and headed out 12 to 14 miles
for some Salmon, biggest was a 25lb King- ended with 9 fish, 5 Kings, 2 Coho and 2 Lakers.
18ft Alumnacraft, Doug Tomey took us out, he also works on weekends as frist mate for Five Orrs Charters.
Very good as a fisherman any where. We also hit Maxi Mon night and caught 6 walleye with 3 being keepers.
Fish -on boys

Chicago thru the Fog

Wallin

IcEmAn...24/7

• Toad Time!!!
Re: Big Lake Salmon Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Nice pictures.  Looks like you had a successful trip and a lot of fun!!!

I have been out with Captin Mike on Five Orrs Charters four times.  First trip was dynamite (limit of spring cohos) the other three were very tough fishing, weather had the fish all messed up, all in all a good time.

Was wanting to get out to Patrick Marina spring 2010 and do the coho thing.  Would love to get out on the big pond right now and catch a 20+ lb king but don't think I want to mount down riggers on the Triton.  Will wait till spring and flat line/run multiple boards.  Plus if I was on the big pond right now would be tempted to go chase some smallmouth.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Looks like a great trip ;D
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

its an addiction

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Awesome.  Now thats fishing.  WTG

gill gitter

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2009, 03:20 AM »
Nice pictures.  Looks like you had a successful trip and a lot of fun!!!

I have been out with Captin Mike on Five Orrs Charters four times.  First trip was dynamite (limit of spring cohos) the other three were very tough fishing, weather had the fish all messed up, all in all a good time.

Was wanting to get out to Patrick Marina spring 2010 and do the coho thing.  Would love to get out on the big pond right now and catch a 20+ lb king but don't think I want to mount down riggers on the Triton.  Will wait till spring and flat line/run multiple boards.  Plus if I was on the big pond right now would be tempted to go chase some smallmouth.

you've always got the st.joe in late sept. early oct. when the steelies and kings come in to spawn i also caught a 20 lb.+ laker in the river a few years back. we go out of berrin springs and always have a good time but it is good to check the fishing reports to see when the fish are in so that way you've got a good idea when to go

gill gitter

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2009, 03:23 AM »
oh by the way wallin great pics of a good days fishin.congrats

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Congrats, nice silver fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.