FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: my new yacht  (Read 3020 times)

bigdave1018

my new yacht
« on: May 24, 2004, 04:47 PM »
i finally sold the old boat and bought the new yacht. its a 1973 glassmaster trihull open bow with a 1973  65 horse johnson. the motor was recon. last fall on onieda lake at bersanis. the trailer is in great shape and came with 4 tires , 2 of them are new. it has a bow mounted foot controlled minnkota trolling motor, a real nice eagle fishdepth finder, a new binimi top, a new planner board mast [ its for sale], a marine and reg. radio, two newer seats and some added access. thrown in. i flooded the motor trying to start it fri am :'( so im limited to the dock for right now. i only paid 750.00 for it, i think i made out real well. perchslayer, taxidermist, zuke, howey1176 and panfishlover are invited to go fishing with me anytime just call ist. email me for the number. big dave out.

bluegillking

Re: my new yacht
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 01:24 PM »
congrats on the new boat dave sounds like a good one. maybe we will run in to each other at the spot i was talking about.   ;)                    bluegillking

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 03:56 AM »
gills and perch galore on port bay. got motor going sat 5/29, but now the waterpump looks like its not working right and i think the prop seal is leaking to :'(. my buddies all think it funny me sitting in my boat tied up to the dock catching fish!!!!!!!!!!. yes it hurts but ill get it fixed or buy a newer motor even if its a tiller type lol. tks larry and hope to see you on the water sometime. tight lines big dave, sitting at the dock, out.

waterdawg14622

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 07:01 AM »
What's the water pump doing?  nothing at all??
Jeff

bigdave1018

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 09:03 AM »
yo dawg instead of spraying out, its only dripping out and down by the prop its bubbling like air is leaking out or something. its weird cause we took it out around the bay and the motor block was cool not hot when we got into the dock. can you tell im not familar with electric start larger engines its my 1st one lol. any ideas or help would be appreciated tks big dave at the dock out  ;D.

kappy

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 02:32 PM »
dave
        the bubbling by the prop is the exhaust, your water pump should have a good spray coming out, would'nt worry about the exhaust  I have a 70 horse evinrude  ,, I would change the gear oil though. I do that every year before we get in the water.
                          good luck

Log Cabin Jones

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 04:19 PM »
big dave
         I've had some experience with outboard motors in my day.  Before you lay out the cash to put a new impeller in that motor, find yourself a long thin piece of solid wire then run the wire in the pee hole while the motor is running.  Bees, hornets, mud dobbers and other bugs like to live in those little tubes.  They will plug them up over the fall and winter while the boat is stored.   It's good to plug the tube when you put the boat away so it doesn't happen.
  If the water stream doesn't get stronger, then you got yourself a small problem.    The impeller and seal kit shouldn't cost more than $30 and a good mechanic can put it in for about 45 minutes to an hour labor if he's honest.  It ain't a hard job but sometimes getting things lined up during the reassembly is tough.
  If your block is staying cool or just warm to the touch, it sounds like a blockage near the pee hole.
  Give it the ole wire in the hole trick and see what happens.

waterdawg14622

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 10:56 PM »
Spiders like to build webs up in there too........it just sounds like it is plugged up with something.  It happens to me every once in a while.  Like said before, a piece of flexible wire out to do the trick.  I bet water is coming out the back of the shaft above the water line though.  That is a good thing. It means water is circulating.  I think the air bubbles are just part of the natural exhaust process.
Jeff

bigdave1018

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2004, 04:57 AM »
tks for the info waterdawg and kappy. lc jon, i thank you to and want to personally welcome you to mff,welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!

Log Cabin Jones

« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2004, 12:19 AM »
Big Dave
   Thanks a bunch for the welcome.
Looks lke a fine bunch of people in here.
  I hope you get your boat fixed up soon.  Some day we might get some good weather to enjoy before winter.

bigdave1018

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2004, 06:10 PM »
i think my motor seized up on me so im looking for a kicker motor[ johnson or evinrude please to match my 2 tank fittings ]. just something  for now to get me out on the lake and back. any help would be greatly appreciated. my email address is [email protected] or if in the fair haven - oswego area, call me at 5941722. thanks again big dave out. we can talk size and price then  :).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.