FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Not Good...  (Read 2118 times)

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
Not Good...
« on: Mar 29, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Has anyone else been having luck.....? I haven't caught ONE fish yet and I started open water fishing Early March....... d***it! I just want the crappie to bite. WHERE are all the fish?! By the way, I AM 16 years old, and I love to fish, but I consider myself as an amateur fisherman. I still dont know much about spring time fishing. I know more about winter fishing and summer fishing. Anyway, does anyone know where to fish? What time of day, and how to find them? I'm talking about crappie, bass, and walleye. THANK YOU

Basspro23  :)
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

BBK

Re: Not Good...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2010, 08:05 PM »
I've already boated over 100 fish this month. Everything from bluegill to northern.

Basspro23

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I JUST CAN'T FIND EM!!! Actually, have been getting bites, but no fish. NOT ONE THIS YEAR YET.... maybe i should go trout fishing... at BANNER. :)

Kodiakman

• "...sometimes the bear gits you."
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:18 AM »
Due to the spawn, crappie action will be heating up soon if it hasn't already.  Look at shallow bays, flats & points w/easy access to deeper water.  I start out in 2'-4' FOW in the back of bays where the water has warmed the most.  I like either a crappie minnow & bobber or a small jig w/Gulp Alive fish fry on a bobber.  Set the bobber just 12"-18" deep.  Let the minnow do it's thing.  If using Gulp or other artificials, you gotta make it move.  You might get a few letting it sit but a little action will trigger more bites.  Experiment with your retrieve to find out what they are in the mood for, fast or slow.  If I'm not finding anything real shallow, I work my way deeper untill I find a pattern.  This time of year, if you can't find 'em real shallow, they will usually be staged in or near slightly deeper water, often on structure of some kind...Hope that helps.  8)

wallydouche

• when there on there on
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2010, 03:32 PM »
not good is right   thats cause i ve already caught them all ;D lol

Basspro23

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:45 PM »
Aw man, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.