FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER ASSAULT THREAD  (Read 44206 times)

cnypanfisher

Re: SALMON RIVER ASSAULT THREAD
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2010, 02:16 PM »
Posted links for this on my post on the main page for MFF and iceshanty, I also signed up for the myhuntingforum.com and added A link to this and info about things on the salmon river thread there.

cny

Issiah

« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Not sure of how accurate the statements are but this thread from another site gives details on what may have been the source of anger

http://www.salmoncrazy.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=24276

If you google Pat Mahoney Outdoors, you can see a picture of the guy...  

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2010, 02:26 PM »
JJ is absolutely correct. The district Attorney is responsible for bringing charges against these individuals, not the DEC.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bunker killer

« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2010, 02:43 PM »
This is Bill, the man who the Mahoney's beat almost to death with the help of there other cowardly friends. Bill is someone That I always looked for when I was on the SR, And he was always a gentleman to fish with! I can only hope that someday he can enjoy fishing again, just as he was in this pic taken a few weeks before the Mahoney's tried to KILL him with the other thugs who held him under the water! I talked with people who were on the scene that day who also know Bill. They told me that it was the worst beating they ever saw, and he was beaten so bad that they could hardly recognize him. I don't care what anyone has to say about a tire slashing!!!!! This was not a one on one fight, it was a gang assult!!!! The gang that did it belongs off every body of water in that NY state, and they should lose there guide licences forever!

HatchHunter

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Article 35...Fellow blue man?
JJ's right, The DA makes the final call and with the scrutiny tjhis is getting he or she is going to tread vary lightly and get all of the facts before making a final decision.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Article 35...Fellow blue man?
JJ's right, The DA makes the final call and with the scrutiny tjhis is getting he or she is going to tread vary lightly and get all of the facts before making a final decision.
 I wish I could agree with you, but seems like there going to get away with it for some unknown reason. Been what, 12 days now.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

perchpounderny

« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:31 PM »
 I wish I could agree with you, but seems like there going to get away with it for some unknown reason. Been what, 12 days now.

i agree with you i know someone who gotten arrested for assault the day he  assaulted someone and the cops took him in brought him to the judge and sent him directly to jail with no bail and the only way he got out was he had to spend a couple grand on a lawyer and his loawyer got him to court again in alittle over a week and he got realeased on his own recoginize and now hes waiting to go back to court

perchpounderny

« Reply #22 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:33 PM »
and it was kinda the same situation as this my buddy got his windsheild smashed out by some guy whos girlfriend left him for my buddy and my buddy beat him up and the other guy called the cops and pressed charges for assault there was no getting evidence together it was as plain as day . they told him you should of called the cops when your windsheild got smashed out cuz now your going to jail  your not allowed to take the law into your own hands. and  they  should had been aressted

earlyice

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20, 2010, 05:42 PM »
The gang that did it belongs off every body of water in that NY state, and they should lose there guide licences forever!

I've come to trust the words of some of you people I've never met, so assuming all the posts from eye whitnesses are true, which I think they are, I agree with the above. I've always believed in an eye for an eye, so i'd also say these guys deserve a near death beating themselves. I've only spent a couple of fall seasons up on the river (got in the way of walleye fishing) and found most people to be really friendly and helpful, and I've heard a few of the war stories but this is just outrageous

bunker killer

« Reply #24 on: Apr 20, 2010, 08:06 PM »
  THE EYEWITNESS Well here is the eyewitness account of what happened the day of the assault. I was fishing 200 yards downstream from the older gentleman who got attacked, but did not know at the time it was my friend Bill. I started to hear yelling , when I seen a guy punch another guy , honestly seen this before so did not think much of it. The yelling and punching continued and I seen 2 more guys jump in throwing punches. Then I was concerned for the guy and started yelling to them that was enough maybe 8 more fisherman were saying the same thing. But it did not stop and they started to hold him under water while 2 other people were kicking and punching him. I then realised this man's life was in serious danger, so I then started to walk up to assist the man, yelling across the river walking up to where they were, I realized that I knew it was Bill getting the beating. Then I realized who was doing the kicking and punching it was Pat Mahoney, Bob Mahoney Jr. and 3 other guys who I'm not positive who they are. One of the men with a thinner build and no shirt had a tattoo's on his chest. Once I got to a spot where I could cross the "tough guys" went running through the woods. These men are cowards. This display was pathetic to say the least. Bill is 63 and was begging them to stop , what kind of a man could do such a thing. I'm counting on justice to prevail and these "tough guys" get punished to the fullest extent of the law. I also believe there guide license's should be taken away forever . Bill is a tough man and I wish him a speedy recovery so he can get back to what he loves fishing.

THE FRIEND OF THE VICTUM Bill was beatin very badly & his injuries will take sometime to heal. He's experiencing severe headaches, blurriness, sore ribs, sore back, broken nose & bruises from his head to his knees. They even kicked him in the b--ls. They'll be in the news & newspaper before long. Lets see if they can run from the State Police. They'll be selling each other down the drain when they hear what the charges are.

This was not a fight ( it was an assault on one man by a group of thugs ) Bill Murry the 62 year old victum was beatin , kicked , choked & held underwater to the point he thought he was going to die. So lets get this clear , it was not a fight , it was a brutal attack & these thugs should of been arrested by now. It seems to me that the D.E.C. or State Police do not have there facts straight, Bill was released from Upstate Medical University & re-admitted to the V.A. hospital. As of today , 4 days have passed & still no arrests have been made. The thugs were not fishing, only Bill Murray was. They were hiding in the woods waiting for there pre-meditated attack. I keep hearing about an alleged tire slashing. Well you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out. First of all I know Bill Murray for years , he's an honest, caring, loving husband, father & grandfather. He's a War veteran who loves his country & his fellow man, loves to fish & enjoys the outdoors & life more than anyone I know. Most of all he does'nt have any time for the Mahoney brothers & the rest of the thugs before or now, he just wants to be left alone. They threatened his life & threatened to burn down his house if he told the police who they were, well they know who they are & we're waiting for the police to do there job. Why are the Police so apprehensive, ( in the case of a fishing violation the fisherman is taken directly to the JUDGE ) Tell me what's wrong with this picture. Please contact your Senator , Congressman or any local representative of Government that may help Bill receive JUSTICE.

thanks for helping Bill

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Apr 20, 2010, 08:10 PM »
I am not a CO, but I spend some time in a couple prisons via work. These rough and tough dudes on the street normally walk with their tails between their legs in the halls of a prison. Epecially when they are the ones that are outnumbered. I have faith that these characters will get what's coming to them. Obviously not soon enough.
 It may be tough, but have faith fellas.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

HatchHunter

« Reply #26 on: Apr 21, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Snagger,
I know 12 days feels like an eternity, especially since everyone knew who these clowns were from the start. I've been on both sides of this as well. I had a buddy when I went to school in the same county some years back that got a beating so bad, broken nose, eye sockets, all that crap. This was not initiated by him, determined to be a random act of violence. The 5 guys that took him out hired a high priced lawyer and got out of it both criminally and civil as it would have cost my buddy's family that much more to pursue in civil court.
 I've never had so much anger and rage toward the Justice system and understand where you are coming from. I've also been involved in situations where although it took a while, justice prevailed, even iof not at the pace I wanted. Given the outrage and rightly so, I cant see how DEC can not act on this because if they dont, they will have lost any respect they ever had up there from you guys who cal  the SR home.
 I just hope the Invesitgator handling it has her head on straight. That is very important. Unfortunetely, it sounds like she may not.

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #27 on: Apr 21, 2010, 11:01 AM »
The DA's office is probably going to present the case to the Grand Jury. When the Grand Jury hears the evidence, they rule on weather there is enough evidence to support the crime that is initially going to be charged. After the Grand Jury "Rises"(Makes a decision) an indictment warrant is filed and the suspects are picked up by local authorities. Bail can be set when the suspects are properly arraigned. I believe that there is quite a time frame between when a Grand jury hears a case and when they "Rise". I'm not 100% sure, but it may be 45 days.
It is my understanding that prosecutors utilize this system in order to have the correct charges for certain acts. Usually felony cases. I think this is to prevent over and under charging crimes. Plea bargains are hard to come by after an defendant is indicted.
This case may not even be in the courts yet, it still may be under investigation. With a case of this magnitude I can imagine that the Investigators are,as previously mentioned, Dotting the eyes and crossing the Ts.
The main focus should be on the victim, his recovery , and his speedy return to the streams.
I am no expert on court proceedings, just throwing out a "This could possibly be happening".......Tight lines
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

skidplate

« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2010, 11:54 AM »
My wife pointed out that it took many weeks for that Jones fella to get arrested.
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

hookembob

« Reply #29 on: Apr 21, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Just got an email from the DA'S office all it said was NO ARESST made still under investigation.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.