FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER ASSAULT THREAD  (Read 44205 times)

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
SALMON RIVER ASSAULT THREAD
« on: Apr 20, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Feel free to copy and paste anything you feel will help keep this in the public eye, the victum still needs are help badly.

PLEASE ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE JUSTICE PREVAIL. PLEASE CALL 315 426 7431 D.E.C. personnel - Capt. Woody Errickson , Lt. Mazuka & Investigator Williams

A 62 YEAR OLD VIETNAM VET NEEDS YOUR HELP. THE RIVER WON'T BE SAFE AGAIN TIL THESE THUGS ARE OFF THE RIVER AND BEHIND BARS.
[/b]

The longer there not arrested, the more the thugs high priced lawyer will turn this all around in court, the state boys should have handled this.

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
Re: SALMON RIVER ASSAULT THREAD
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2010, 10:50 AM »
   THE EYEWITNESS Well here is the eyewitness account of what happened the day of the assault. I was fishing 200 yards downstream from the older gentleman who got attacked, but did not know at the time it was my friend Bill. I started to hear yelling , when I seen a guy punch another guy , honestly seen this before so did not think much of it. The yelling and punching continued and I seen 2 more guys jump in throwing punches. Then I was concerned for the guy and started yelling to them that was enough maybe 8 more fisherman were saying the same thing. But it did not stop and they started to hold him under water while 2 other people were kicking and punching him. I then realised this man's life was in serious danger, so I then started to walk up to assist the man, yelling across the river walking up to where they were, I realized that I knew it was Bill getting the beating. Then I realized who was doing the kicking and punching it was Pat Mahoney, Bob Mahoney Jr. and 3 other guys who I'm not positive who they are. One of the men with a thinner build and no shirt had a tattoo's on his chest. Once I got to a spot where I could cross the "tough guys" went running through the woods. These men are cowards. This display was pathetic to say the least. Bill is 63 and was begging them to stop , what kind of a man could do such a thing. I'm counting on justice to prevail and these "tough guys" get punished to the fullest extent of the law. I also believe there guide license's should be taken away forever . Bill is a tough man and I wish him a speedy recovery so he can get back to what he loves fishing.

THE FRIEND OF THE VICTUM Bill was beatin very badly & his injuries will take sometime to heal. He's experiencing severe headaches, blurriness, sore ribs, sore back, broken nose & bruises from his head to his knees. They even kicked him in the b--ls. They'll be in the news & newspaper before long. Lets see if they can run from the State Police. They'll be selling each other down the drain when they hear what the charges are.

This was not a fight ( it was an assault on one man by a group of thugs ) Bill Murry the 62 year old victum was beatin , kicked , choked & held underwater to the point he thought he was going to die. So lets get this clear , it was not a fight , it was a brutal attack & these thugs should of been arrested by now. It seems to me that the D.E.C. or State Police do not have there facts straight, Bill was released from Upstate Medical University & re-admitted to the V.A. hospital. As of today , 4 days have passed & still no arrests have been made. The thugs were not fishing, only Bill Murray was. They were hiding in the woods waiting for there pre-meditated attack. I keep hearing about an alleged tire slashing. Well you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out. First of all I know Bill Murray for years , he's an honest, caring, loving husband, father & grandfather. He's a War veteran who loves his country & his fellow man, loves to fish & enjoys the outdoors & life more than anyone I know. Most of all he does'nt have any time for the Mahoney brothers & the rest of the thugs before or now, he just wants to be left alone. They threatened his life & threatened to burn down his house if he told the police who they were, well they know who they are & we're waiting for the police to do there job. Why are the Police so apprehensive, ( in the case of a fishing violation the fisherman is taken directly to the JUDGE ) Tell me what's wrong with this picture. Please contact your Senator , Congressman or any local representative of Government that may help Bill receive JUSTICE.

bunker killer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I'll be making more calls today,I didn't like the responses I got yesterday

Spikehorn11

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Is Mr. Murray pressing charges? The police can not arrest anyone until Mr. Murray gives a statement and prosecution is desired. If he wants to drop it then there is very little that can be done. The ball is in his court.

I hope he does. I don't fish the River but plan to in the future. I don't want to have to watch my back as I fish. This is a black eye for sportsman everywhere.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Is Mr. Murray pressing charges? The police can not arrest anyone until Mr. Murray gives a statement and prosecution is desired. If he wants to drop it then there is very little that can be done. The ball is in his court.

I hope he does. I don't fish the River but plan to in the future. I don't want to have to watch my back as I fish. This is a black eye for sportsman everywhere.

He pressed charges while he was laying in his own blood in the Ambulance, I was there.  He gave a statement at the scene and again since, many witnesses, atleast 5 total gave statements directly to the DEC and State Police that day, I also witnessed that, I had guests also give statements. I'll stand up in court for what I saw down River when Pat went by me rowing like there was a fire somewhere in 285cfs and scaring all my fish, I mean he was forward paddling and bouncing off rocks with no fishing gear, thought something was up..  >:(            
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Spikehorn11

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Wow. I wonder what the hold up is? Its not like them to sit on something that long.

steelie

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2010, 12:29 PM »
1st off- these knuckle heads should have their guides licenses and fishing licenses taken away ! Why were they so upset at him ?  Would they get that upset at a client for losing a fish or not doing what they asked  ????????????????    I hope they throw the book and em and slam it shut !!!!!!!!

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2010, 12:33 PM »
I'm a little late hearing about this. What happened to instigate the beating?

I don't know any of the parties involved but I hope those responsible get what's coming to them.
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

shantysitter

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Pretty sad I know that they pull people off the river in the fall for snagging and take them right to the court house. I guess a fish is more valuable than a persons safety.My biggest question is why isn't the state police heading up the investigation?.

nonamers

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2010, 12:45 PM »
i hope he is ok. what started all of this. sounds like if you fish the river you will need your wife or a piece of pipe for protection.

CAPTJJ

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:20 PM »
IT's not up to the DEC to file charges, that is up to the District Attorney; DEC is the investigating agency only. I wouldn't be suprised with a case like this that it will be sent to a grand jury to hand down indictments.

bmxrider11976

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:31 PM »
ok so im not from new york and know none of these people or what happened. but was the person that gave out the beating a guide? like he was honestly another fisherman, that beat a single man. and if more thenn one person is attacking you, you are justified to use a weapon. you better believe if i was the one getting attacked the attackees would not have been running away, maybe limping away at best. i think this is ridiculously disturbing that this would happen. is there a reason why they attacked this man? this is downright outrageous.
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

Spikehorn11

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:49 PM »
ok so im not from new york and know none of these people or what happened. but was the person that gave out the beating a guide? like he was honestly another fisherman, that beat a single man. and if more thenn one person is attacking you, you are justified to use a weapon. you better believe if i was the one getting attacked the attackees would not have been running away, maybe limping away at best. i think this is ridiculously disturbing that this would happen. is there a reason why they attacked this man? this is downright outrageous.

Artical 35 (DEFENSE OF JUSTIFICATION) in NY is tricky.

While in this case after it went past the point of the beating and attempted drowning then I would say yes.

FishingNewEngland

« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:50 PM »
What started it all?
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

jona

« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:52 PM »
I'm a little late hearing about this. What happened to instigate the beating?

I don't know any of the parties involved but I hope those responsible get what's coming to them.

For those just seeing this, it starts around page 41 of "snagger"'s 2010 salmon river thread.  A real quick synopsis... the victim and attackers (yes, they are licensed guides, Pat and Bob Mahoney) have some sort of history.  What it is, I don't know.  There was an accusation of tires being slashed at some point.  I wasn't there for the attack, but am going with the original poster's statement as being accurate since he was just downstream of the attack.  Apparently they jumped the victim from the woods after a couple other people nearby him left.  From what I gather the salmon river has a history of fights breaking out... so it's not really for me... but this attack does seem like it goes above and beyond the usual fist fight.  3 on 1, holding the guy underwater and 3 days in the hospital seems closer to attempted manslaughter.

I'm still not too concerned with justice being served, of course if everyting I've read is 100% accurate I would've preferred jail with no bond already issued.  I think as others said it's a matter of dotting I's and crossing T's.  If you rush to justice, a high profile attorney will pick apart statements and the investigation and it all goes out the window.  The lack of media coverage is kinda odd though.  Ironically I heard from a buddy for the first time in a couple years just a few days ago.  He mentioned next week going out with the Mahoney's on a trip.  I told him he may want to rebook seeing they may be in jail by then.  He had no clue... and this is a guy that makes several trips to the SR.  If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know anything about it myself.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.