FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wiring new speakers  (Read 1696 times)

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
Wiring new speakers
« on: Jun 01, 2010, 01:24 AM »
I just bought a lund fishing boat and it has a deck with two speakers towards the rear of the boat.  It is run off of the trolling motor battery.  Is there a good way that I can wire something into it that can charge the battery?  Like a alternater or something?   Im not too good at this stuff as you can probly tell.  ??? ;D  I also wanted to replace the two speakers and add a speaker in the front.  Any suggestions?  I know how to mount everything... its just that I dont want to have music on the lake for 1 hour for the battery to die and leave me without a trolling motor too!

1fish@atime

Re: Wiring new speakers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2010, 05:43 AM »
Is the trolling battery wired in to the system IE: a switch? You could then charge somewhat with the motor, though most outboard charging capabilities are limited. Most don't do much unless running over 3000 RPM. So you would have to be making some pretty good runs between fishing spots for it to do you much good. A solar charge system shows varied results in my search, common response was you get what you pay for, and most boats don't have enough room for a panel big enough to do a real charge on a battery. Older outboards with an alternator were marginal at best, from what I'm finding they only put out a few amps at 3-4000 RPM and sapped the motor of some of it's power. Your best bet is to spend the money on the best battery you can get, and keep it fully charged when the boat is not in use. A radio is only going to draw a small amount on a deep cycle unless your running a CD player or something.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.