FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: remote adk ponds  (Read 90105 times)

NY_slay_team

Re: remote adk ponds
« Reply #300 on: Mar 29, 2016, 07:20 AM »
I would be surprised if Horseshoe is open yet. I have portaged in there a few times from Polliwog Pond - Nice place
I promised I would see here when the ice went off - Now what?

Tipupguy

« Reply #301 on: Mar 29, 2016, 07:33 AM »
I would be surprised if Horseshoe is open yet. I have portaged in there a few times from Polliwog Pond - Nice place
i camp up there often it's a real nice place ice out is the best fishing you get some hog rainbows out of there

NY_slay_team

« Reply #302 on: Mar 29, 2016, 07:43 AM »
Oh yeah - I have been camping on Floodwood RD for years
I promised I would see here when the ice went off - Now what?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #303 on: Mar 29, 2016, 06:24 PM »
It looks like we better freshen up the rain gear for the 1st three days. :-\

Yup and its going to be cold Bill.. 
I think I will work in the green houses...   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Berkley4life

« Reply #304 on: Apr 06, 2016, 04:07 PM »
How has everyone been doing?  I got out on the opener long enough to get soaked but manged to get the first one of the season on the board.  Hoping to get out again this Friday

adksmitty

« Reply #305 on: Apr 06, 2016, 04:33 PM »
How has everyone been doing?  I got out on the opener long enough to get soaked but manged to get the first one of the season on the board.  Hoping to get out again this Friday

Nice to see some pond fishing going on.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #306 on: Apr 06, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Good job! That's a dark one.  ;D
It's nice to get that first one out of the way on opening day. I've seen many years when that could take a couple weeks!   ;)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #307 on: Apr 06, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Very nice...  I will be out next week....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

perchgypsy

« Reply #308 on: Apr 06, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Nice brookie bud

bigfish1212

« Reply #309 on: Apr 06, 2016, 10:03 PM »
I am thinking about buying/building a canoe cart. LL Bean has one for $130 that's looks pretty decent. Either that or I'm going to try and build one using mountain bike tires. Wondering if anyone has any experience either building one or used one of the pre-made ones.

perchgypsy

« Reply #310 on: Apr 06, 2016, 10:41 PM »
I think if you read back in this thread there is talk about them...either way you go you won't hike without it again...mountain bike tires are good when it comes to clearence...if you hunt make it so you can get deer out as well ...I forgot the name of mine but mine was purchased....I like mine,it's def only for canoe or kayak...if I was to make one it would be dual purpose

1smoked_brooklyn

« Reply #311 on: Apr 07, 2016, 06:14 AM »
I bought the Seattle sports "paddleboy" all terrain canoe cart a few years back and it has paid for itself within its first couple of uses. Saves a ton on my back and it's just effortless to pull my canoe on a flat trail or even a gradual incline.. The wheels are like bicycle tires but kind of on the small side. If I could change anything about it, it would be the size of those tires. If you come up on any obstructions in the trail like big roots or rocks it can be a bit difficult to get up and over them and sometimes you really need a buddy to help. I do like how it has adjustments for the padded "platform" for where the canoe sits because all canoes are slightly different in shape and size. At the lowest setting the wheels would rub on the bottom of the canoe. But I adjust them to the highest setting and I'm good to go. I've noticed that using 2 ratchet straps over the thwart helps to hold it on there a lot better than just 1. The kickstand is also great for when you're alone it makes it easy to set it up. I would definitely look into getting one and maybe just make some modifications to it if you're looking to only use it a few times a year you'll be fine the way it is.

perchgypsy

« Reply #312 on: Apr 07, 2016, 06:19 AM »
Paddle boy is what mine is also...mine has the smaller fat tires...I never pull
I strap mine 3/4 way to the front lift the back of my canoe and push ...amazing the difference...and yes throw their straps on a shelf and get a rachet strap

pacbasket

« Reply #313 on: Apr 10, 2016, 05:32 AM »
nice brookie

Berkley4life

« Reply #314 on: Apr 10, 2016, 07:24 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.