FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fathers Day trip to Lake Champlain  (Read 1317 times)

Hookset

Fathers Day trip to Lake Champlain
« on: Jun 22, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Fished Champlain in the Willsboro area over the weekend.  Didn't bring the boat, so stuck to shoreline fishing.  Fished at the mouth of the Boquet River on Saturday evening and hooked loads of smallies.  The river is full of them, all though I caught nothing of substantial size.  Went to the tip of Willsboro Point on Sunday and hooked a few smallies, but as is custromary, lost the biggest one of the weekend.  Fished primarily jerk baits and texas rigged worms.  Everything worked on the smallies.  Talked to a couple of guys trolling just off of the point that were constantly hooked up.  They were taking lakers on floating/diving crankbaits(smaller,maybe J 9's) in Rainbow Trout patterns just above the thermocline on downriggers.  They didn't tell me how deep the thermocline is at this point of the year, but I can tell you that the water is incredibly cold right now.  Can't wait to get back up there and try again.  Anybody else been up there this year???
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Bartman44

Re: Fathers Day trip to Lake Champlain
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2004, 06:57 PM »
Haven't fished the lake yet this year but my friend has a summer place on Willsboro Bay and we've been using it as a jump off place to fly fish the Ausable, Saranac, etc.  It's a beautiful area. The point is a traditional hot spot for lakers and some folks catch them from shore at the point.  I hear the lampreys are out of control though.

Good Luck,
Bart   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.