FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084162 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #45 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Yes I wear a hat, but I don't usually take the time to glove up and put on the hat when I dash from the hut to the tipups.  :whistling:
If I am fishing outside for any length of time I will put on the hat, gloves and even the coat. 
Drifter... what is the fish that your holding in your signature pic ?
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Fetzer

« Reply #46 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:40 PM »

OMG ...... been gone a while ice fishin Oneida lake and there still running 500cfs, what are they doing, trying to drain the redfield res for a  February thaw....... We are deep into the winter season with NO snow pack, only got 3 inches today (good water content snow) but not much, 8 inches on my yard, 10 inches maybe in the woods...my buddy said the res. is collapsed down good. Hard to tell with the ice how much, but theres no snow on the Tug Hill to speak of so far, better hope for a white or wet late winter...

That's what I was thinking;) 350 has got to be comming soon. probably should have been here a few weeks ago.
POW.....right in the kisser

Drifter_016

« Reply #47 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Drifter... what is the fish that your holding in your signature pic ?

It's a Dolly Varden that I caught in the Kenai River in Alaska.

esox v

« Reply #48 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:54 PM »
It's a Dolly Varden that I caught in the Kenai River in Alaska.
  That's what I was thinking... You don't get them in your neck of the woods do you? I can only imagine what that looked like in real life. Beautiful fish
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:28 PM »
I tried out for the Modified 7th grade school basketball team and I made it!!! I am so proud of myself!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Drifter_016

« Reply #50 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:43 PM »
  That's what I was thinking... You don't get them in your neck of the woods do you? I can only imagine what that looked like in real life. Beautiful fish

Actually there are populations of Dolly Varden, Bull Trout and Arctic Char in the NWT.

Here a a couple of examples of some nice char caught on the NWT/Nunavut border.  ;D

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #51 on: Jan 13, 2011, 06:14 PM »
I'm guessing right to 285....been loving the 500.  Been drifting P'ville to 2A but I have a feeling that is gonna end soon!

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #52 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:32 PM »
           Happy New Year everybody !!!!   What a year it was last year.. Low waters, Epic River changing Floods , big steelhead and even bigger Salmon ...  Great Salmon runs , and for the third year in arow tons of steelhead from September through May.  You name it and we had it...Hope everyone enjoyed the first 2 threads and maybe picked up a few tips and timed a few runs or just laughed a little. I Look forward to hearing everybodies fishing reports or stories or just some BS from the Salmon River and surrounding areas this year.
           Please feel free to posts pictures, I think everyone on MFF enjoys looking at pictures of our area. I hope everybody has another great season..   Shane M.

YO SNAGGER , YOU BEEN OUT ON THE ICE ??   WONDERING ABOUT THE STEELIE REPORT.  ANYTHING GOIN ON?

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #53 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:57 PM »
I tried out for the Modified 7th grade school basketball team and I made it!!! I am so proud of myself!!!
   Congrat's KP jr,  Hard work pay's off so keep working hard and good thing's will come to you.

draketrutta

« Reply #54 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Wassup SR Fishheads!!!

Nice to see that a few hardy guys are still fishing for the steelhead.

I was planning a mid Jan trip up to check out the river (and stay at Snagger's place too), but I decided to wait a bit for a break in the weather.

It looks like this year's Jan thaw may be deferred to sometime in Feb.
I just hope they have some water left to release by then - as noted previously in this thread by Snagger.

Meanwhile, I'm just chillin (literally) down here in Pennsyltucky, doing some ice fishing and small game hunting. Our rivers and streams are running low, gin clear, and pretty well slushed/iced up - so I have not even tried to fish them.

I did witness a remarkable site today in NEPA that I thought I would share with the MFF crowd:

I pulled up to the light at the end of the I80 exit ramp to get on the NE Ext of turnpike and lo & behold - what was sitting in the lane rigt in front of me...

Now, I'm not a gambler, but I would be willing to bet that there is a PETA coloring book sitting next to the child seat. The coloring book that instructs little lemmings that they should not go fishing, because hooks hurt fish, and Fish Feel Pain !!!

Darn shame it wasn't yesterday, I would have pulled up alongside them and tossed a few frozen bluegills on the hood of their car...

;D
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #55 on: Jan 14, 2011, 12:15 AM »
    LMAO !!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #56 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:28 PM »
   Congrat's KP jr,  Hard work pay's off so keep working hard and good thing's will come to you.
Thanks!!! I worked my butt off off at tryouts!!
Red Sox!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #57 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:39 AM »
285,285CFS!!!!! Fishing is going to slow down for a bit.... Everything is going to be Altmar to Pineville for a few weeks until a warm up.. Good luck guys!! (time to Ice fish with the Ice Crew) ;) ;D ;)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #58 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:07 AM »
285,285CFS!!!!! Fishing is going to slow down for a bit.... Everything is going to be Altmar to Pineville for a few weeks until a warm up.. Good luck guys!! (time to Ice fish with the Ice Crew) ;) ;D ;)
Man, I wish i was out on the SR fishing because I can wade better in low water!!!!BUT, KP probably doesn't want to try out his NEW waders!!!
Red Sox!

Drewdog

« Reply #59 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:02 AM »
Actually there are populations of Dolly Varden, Bull Trout and Arctic Char in the NWT.

Here a a couple of examples of some nice char caught on the NWT/Nunavut border.  ;D

Beautiful fish...DD... ;D ;D ;D
CASTIN FOR WALLEYES,OH YEA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.