FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084150 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #105 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:26 AM »

We picked up another 5-6 inches of fluffy lake effect today...

Just got done looking at the Michigan radars, Lake effect is exploding along and behind the first real Arctic front of the year, I'm excited. Tomorrow there could be lightning and thunder as the Arctic front rolls through. Hopefully we'll get a west wind behind the front for a good 6-7 hours before it goes northwest later. The potential for extreme snowfall rates is high tomorrow and tomorrow night where ever this snow squall sets up as extra moisture will be added from Lake Huron. The temperature differences with height are extreme, the atmosphere is really going to be unstable for the next couple of days...  I hope we don't get cheated again for like the 10th time this year with northwest winds pushing the Lake effect south and breaking it up into weaker bands..!!  I hope we get 3 feet , because we need it for spring!!

If they are letting school out early on a Friday here... SOMETHING BADS COMING !! I hope it goes North to you Snagger... I'm sick of snow here !!
 I got caught on Tug Hill in thunder and lightning with blinding snow. Wind was blowing the snow by so hard you couldn't tell if your truck was moving or not when it was stopped. Then the lightning would light up the snow purple/white... it was SICK !!  Like going Warp speed !! BEAM ME UP !!   :w00t: :w00t:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #106 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:27 AM »
   Only picked up 2.5 inches from the coastal storm last night but the arctic front is coming through right now, looks like the Lake effect will be heading south, hopefully we grab a little, got an inch in the last 15 minutes...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #107 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:32 AM »
 Sunny here !! But just got the call they are sending the kids home early due to weather. Don't know whats up with that !! Going to get Beer now just in case!! ;D ;D ;D

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #108 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:33 AM »
 Another Noreaster coming next week too.

SNAGGER

« Reply #109 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Sunny here !! But just got the call they are sending the kids home early due to weather. Don't know whats up with that !! Going to get Beer now just in case!! ;D ;D ;D

I can remember a few 3-4 footers only being able to get to neils gas station via snowmobile for beer!!!!  Then Doug's backhoe from the Altmar hotel to dig me out, those are real storms!!!  The good ole days!!!;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #110 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Whos the jerk  ( buggifiarabub)  posting all the useless websites??  I reported it but nothing has been done yet.... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SNAGGER

« Reply #111 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Whos the jerk  ( buggifiarabub)  posting all the useless websites??  I reported it but nothing has been done yet.... ;D

could be a virus...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #112 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:00 PM »
Looks ike Scott got my message.. ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

esox v

« Reply #113 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Looks ike Scott got my message.. ;D ;D
I reported it to the mods early this morning and it was still up far as i know ??

SNAGGER

« Reply #114 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:16 AM »
SNAG, Did they tear up that run today??? Just wondering! Thanks man!--KP 8)

Nope.. They cut a channel above the bridge to let some water flow on the drift boat launch. The currents have changed near the "Turn" a little but once in goes back above 285cfs, it will be fine.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #115 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Still snowing down here this morning. We picked up over a foot since yesterday morning. Really too bad if you guys got missed up there by this one too...we sure dont need it down here.

KingPerch

« Reply #116 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:58 AM »
  Nope.. They cut a channel above the bridge to let some water flow on the drift boat launch. The currents have changed near the "Turn" a little but once in goes back above 285cfs, it will be fine.
Josh will be happy!!! ;D ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #117 on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Still snowing down here this morning. We picked up over a foot since yesterday morning. Really too bad if you guys got missed up there by this one too...we sure dont need it down here.

We got 2.5 from the coastal storm, then another 3 yesterday and 3.5 last night, so about 9" new since Thursday... but on a good note, that Squall was briefly strong  and lined up around Richland / Orwell for a couple three hours yesterday, heard it dumped a foot on Redfield  before it headed south, so we grabbed a little from it, we are slowly building a snow pack...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #118 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:46 AM »
With the OZ being as high as it is I might be spending a little more time up at the SR this spring for drop back season. Lets hope some of this heavier stuff starts setting up a little farther north.

SNAGGER

« Reply #119 on: Jan 23, 2011, 12:05 PM »

Heres a 1pm temp!!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.