FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084282 times)

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #120 on: Jan 23, 2011, 12:34 PM »
  Nope.. They cut a channel above the bridge to let some water flow on the drift boat launch. The currents have changed near the "Turn" a little but once in goes back above 285cfs, it will be fine.
Whew... I thought my run was gonna be a gonner!!!!You just brought joy to my eyes!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #121 on: Jan 23, 2011, 01:28 PM »

Heres a 1pm temp!!!!

Chip that ice of there !!  That's not allowing a true reading, probly colder than that ..

filetandrelease

« Reply #122 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:41 PM »
just checking in snag to see if you are behaving

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #123 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:24 PM »
  Temperature update.....   COLD !!!!!   Can you say a frozen Salmon River Tomorrow!!!!!!!

5pm minus 03

6pm minus 07

7pm minus 14
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #124 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:36 PM »
BBBRRRRR!!!!!  Stay warm my friend!

SNAGGER

« Reply #125 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:13 PM »

FRIGID!!!!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Drifter_016

« Reply #126 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Just another 21.8 degrees colder and you will be at the temps I woke up to Friday morning.   :blink:

SNAGGER

« Reply #127 on: Jan 23, 2011, 11:21 PM »

You guys can keep this stuff Drifter, just walked up to the bridge. Steam a 100 feet in the air, and a rare slush flow at the Altmar bridge , don't see that very often on the Salmon River, lower end probably locked up from shore too shore. Shelf ice on the bridge pool too, that's pretty rare this high up in the River. 20.7 below zero right now. Hey DJ you should come up and take photo's in the morning of the rhime frost on all the trees...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #128 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:13 AM »

He Dr.icegeek, we found the temp that empties the parking lots on the Salmon River, not as much rhime frost as normal, theres some wind out there keeping it from frosting all the trees.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #129 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:32 AM »
Yup, it's cold!!! Tomorrow it's going to 32!!!! We need a break for more then just a day...lol.. I would like a week of 32deg... 8)  :D Looks like I am going to ice fish with Adam2000 this coming weekend.. Or HT.. ;D Hope the snow is packed down for walking to the walleyes...
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

draketrutta

« Reply #130 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:30 AM »
                      FRIGID!!!!!!

According to Al "It's Global Warming - I Invented the Interwebs" Gore,

you are a slacker if your home is set at 66deg.
 Your indoor thermostat should be set at 62 deg if you really want to save the planet !!!

Kindly drop your T-stat, put on another sweater, then go fill up your vehicle with Govt-sponsored ethanol so that your vehicle's fuel lines can freeze overnight !!! ;D
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #131 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:37 AM »

He Dr.icegeek, we found the temp that empties the parking lots on the Salmon River, not as much rhime frost as normal, theres some wind out there keeping it from frosting all the trees.

So cold here that they closed my school, APW, because of the coldness!!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

esox v

« Reply #132 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:48 AM »
According to Al "It's Global Warming - I Invented the Interwebs" Gore,

you are a slacker if your home is set at 66deg.
 Your indoor thermostat should be set at 62 deg if you really want to save the planet !!!

Kindly drop your T-stat, put on another sweater, then go fill up your vehicle with Govt-sponsored ethanol so that your vehicle's fuel lines can freeze overnight !!! ;D
NOT A CHANCE !!
  Now it's called GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE !! So they can get you coming and going  ;D ;D
  I did turn my hot tub down to 97....it's been WAY to cold to be going out there !!

I see fasttrack is selling e 85 now... it was 2.85 a gallon a couple weeks ago... But you can only drive half as far with it... Go Figure ?? Wish we had the option for gas without ethanol.  
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

draketrutta

« Reply #133 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:49 AM »
10% Ethanol was not enough to screw up older cars..

Now the Feds are bumping it to 20% to make sure they screw up Average Joe's everywhere.

get this - one of my trucks has a flex-fuel engine that is setup to run on ethanol. (Chevy S10 4banger)
I was getting routine maintenance done on it a year ago and told the mechanic to change the oil, lube and also change the fuel filter since the odometer hit 50,000.

I picked up the truck and he told me he did not change the fuel filter.
I asked why..

He replied - the flex-fuel filter for my truck was priced at $100 - vs $24 for a regular fuel filter.
He told me the truck is running fine and there was no need to flush money down the toilet.
I am not sure if the price on the filters have dropped since then, but I only have 60,000 miles on the vehicle and will wait until I can buy a fuel filter without feeling like I got raped by the GREEN WHACKOS...

With the exception of SOLAR PANELS, this whole GREEN MOVEMENT is complete and utter BS !!!
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

esox v

« Reply #134 on: Jan 24, 2011, 11:48 AM »
 A clogged fuel filter will cause premature failure of your fuel pump. Without Government rebates(other peoples money) you couldn't afford any of these solar panels or personal windmills. Even electric cars. it's a Scam...
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.