FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084155 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #225 on: Feb 04, 2011, 09:33 AM »
holy crap oswego is at a wadable level!

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

steelie24

• Hooked since first steel - 1965
« Reply #226 on: Feb 04, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Saw a report, it's still all over the dam...

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #227 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:04 AM »
It's semi-wadeable. 4,000 is more like what 7-8000 cfs used to be. There is still water in the diversion channel...but it's only a foot or two deep and not really holding any fish.

Went up to the SR yesterday morning for a couple of hours. On the way out I had a Mahoney try and sell me some flies in the parking lot...older guy said his son Pat owned some kind of tackle shop up there.

Arent these the guys that should be in jail? If they are what the XXXX are they doing driving around parking lots trying to hustle some flies through their truck windows????

lehigh vally

« Reply #228 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:13 AM »
It's semi-wadeable. 4,000 is more like what 7-8000 cfs used to be. There is still water in the diversion channel...but it's only a foot or two deep and not really holding any fish.

Went up to the SR yesterday morning for a couple of hours. On the way out I had a Mahoney try and sell me some flies in the parking lot...older guy said his son Pat owned some kind of tackle shop up there.

Arent these the guys that should be in jail? If they are what the XXXX are they doing driving around parking lots trying to hustle some flies through their truck windows????

Sounds like you didn't buy anything from the scum bag!! Good job, next time they solicit you tell them you don't buy from street thugs, i would also have a hole list of other words we cant say on this web site for them. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :police: :police:

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #229 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:30 AM »
yeah as soon as he said Mahoney a little hair stood up on the back of my neck.

bunker killer

« Reply #230 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:32 PM »

I wonder who they stole them from? Make sure all your doors are locked tight!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #231 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:10 PM »

Well since February first we have turned the corner on getting precip in the Tug Hill snow pack, on the first we recieved 2 inches of dense snow, then picked up another 4-5 inches of wet snow and sleet on the 2nd... now we had wet snow which has turned to heavy rain and snow mixed, I'm sure it's snow up in elevation... Quite a bit of water has been added to the Tug hill snowpack in the last 6 days... Great news for the spring, if we can avoid a february thaw...  latest radar, even some thunderstorms near by..

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #232 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:00 PM »

Well since February first we have turned the corner on getting precip in the Tug Hill snow pack, on the first we recieved 2 inches of dense snow, then picked up another 4-5 inches of wet snow and sleet on the 2nd... now we had wet snow which has turned to heavy rain and snow mixed, I'm sure it's snow up in elevation... Quite a bit of water has been added to the Tug hill snowpack in the last 6 days... Great news for the spring, if we can avoid a february thaw...  latest radar, even some thunderstorms near by..

That Radar looks nice !! I'm definitely in one of them orange bands. In minutes it went from rain to golf ball size snowflakes that would splat on your head . 8 to10 inches in the last 45 minutes. Heavy wet SNOW !! It can go north anytime now Thank You !!
 This can't be good for the ice man??

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

« Reply #233 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:57 PM »
That Radar looks nice !! I'm definitely in one of them orange bands. In minutes it went from rain to golf ball size snowflakes that would splat on your head . 8 to10 inches in the last 45 minutes. Heavy wet SNOW !! It can go north anytime now Thank You !!
 This can't be good for the ice man??

Are you serious about 8-10 inches?  , we got 1-2 inches of slop...that's it.,...., pure water, almost broke my shovel handle, water pouring out of every scoop..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #234 on: Feb 05, 2011, 08:25 PM »
 Are you serious about 8-10 inches?  , we got 1-2 inches of slop...that's it.,...., pure water, almost broke my shovel handle, water pouring out of every scoop..
 Looking at My deck rail (actually a bench). I'd say about 8" it was the hardest snowfall I've seen yet this year.

esox v

« Reply #235 on: Feb 05, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Snow is falling straight down .. And I mean straight down !!

fishbear

« Reply #236 on: Feb 05, 2011, 08:56 PM »
We went to the grocery store tonight- about 2 miles away. Flurries when we went out. Came back after about an hour and there was so much snow in the driveway we couldn't pull the car in without snowblowing. Driveway was almost bare when we left.
"My God, its full of Fish!"

SNAGGER

« Reply #237 on: Feb 06, 2011, 11:10 AM »
   You guys just south of here this year have been getting hammered!!!  Snowed til 4am got another 2-3 inches on top of the slop, Bet the Tug got a solid foot at least, that was one tight intense storm yesterday, more water in that little storm then most of January combined..

Hook up numbers have dramatically increased in the last 3 days compared to a few weeks ago, had a couple guys do double digits yesterday, haven't seen that since December...

People need to leave the camera's at home til it warm's up, more fresh dead steelhead in the River now than I've ever seen!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

esox v

« Reply #238 on: Feb 06, 2011, 11:47 AM »
  You guys just south of here this year have been getting hammered!!!  Snowed til 4am got another 2-3 inches on top of the slop, Bet the Tug got a solid foot at least, that was one tight intense storm yesterday, more water in that little storm then most of January combined..

Hook up numbers have dramatically increased in the last 3 days compared to a few weeks ago, had a couple guys do double digits yesterday, haven't seen that since December...

People need to leave the camera's at home til it warm's up, more fresh dead steelhead in the River now than I've ever seen!!!!
I'm Tired of Snow !! Going to have to push the banks back with the loader. No place to plow it !!

Nice!! the steels getting settled in to winter!!Hopfully it's not short lived..Not expending much energy in this low water.

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #239 on: Feb 06, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Yep Esox...I hear ya..easy 6 inches in an hour at my place....could not believe how hard it was snowing and how big those flakes were...almost looked like an avalanche outside with the snow coming down!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.