FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084220 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #285 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:25 PM »
What's the snow load look like on the river? Thinking maybe Thursday a run up and was wondering what the walking will be like. I like to get away from the crowds.
 about 2 feet on my field... ground was very warm going into winter....  much more in those twiggy , weedy areas that it collects on..like near the power lines .... that's probably waist deep in spots and around the hemlocks that don't get sun.  By thursday it should compact down quite a bit Kc...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #286 on: Feb 14, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Hey Shane, How is the river looking for steelie action? Looking to get up there next week on my week off!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

SNAGGER

« Reply #287 on: Feb 14, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Hey Shane, How is the river looking for steelie action? Looking to get up there next week on my week off!!

I'll let you know in a few days, getting knocked off the ice for a good 5-6 days til the refreeze , I'm going to go scouting around...Being that it's mid Feb now and the sun angle is getting stronger it should start picking up like it always does compared to the doldrums of January.. Hope this thaw doesn't allow any cold runoff to get into the system, it shouldn't...Snow compacted a ton today with the 48 degree temps.., good shot of rain got put into it too...  take care Jr.  :D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #288 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Lambaste'em-- trying to send a pm, clean out your inbox!! Thanks--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #289 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:33 PM »

I'll let you know in a few days, getting knocked off the ice for a good 5-6 days til the refreeze , I'm going to go scouting around...Being that it's mid Feb now and the sun angle is getting stronger it should start picking up like it always does compared to the doldrums of January.. Hope this thaw doesn't allow any cold runoff to get into the system, it shouldn't...Snow compacted a ton today with the 48 degree temps.., good shot of rain got put into it too...  take care Jr.  :D
You to Shane!!! Keep me posted please!!! Looking for the first trip up of the year!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

kc

« Reply #290 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Any reports from this stretch of good weather we are having? I had planned on coming up today or tomorrow, but was called back to work Tuesday. Maybe I can hit the next run of good weather. Maybe the snow banks will be a little lower also.

SNAGGER

« Reply #291 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Any reports from this stretch of good weather we are having? I had planned on coming up today or tomorrow, but was called back to work Tuesday. Maybe I can hit the next run of good weather. Maybe the snow banks will be a little lower also.

Had guys out today, it was OK , nothing too special ...the usual hook ups .. in the usual spots.. It was VERY crowded in Altmar, about 70 cars , trucks and trailers at the bridge....took a ride to Pulaski and watched some guys fish the town pool, nothing while I was there. All the shelf ice left today, River was ice free, could be a decent bite down there for a couple days if it don't get too crowded, snow has settled back to knee deep now from the warm weather and today's rain...[color]
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

griz104

« Reply #292 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Where i was fishing yesterday was on fire..Had a very good day going 8 for 11 in about 6 hours..They all fell in love with a #16 Pink Copper John.. and a couple of them were excellent fish!! Saw a few in the high teens and one that may have pushed 20!! Seems to be some very nice fish coming up right now..

esox v

« Reply #293 on: Feb 18, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Where i was fishing yesterday was on fire..Had a very good day going 8 for 11 in about 6 hours..They all fell in love with a #16 Pink Copper John.. and a couple of them were excellent fish!! Saw a few in the high teens and one that may have pushed 20!! Seems to be some very nice fish coming up right now..
First push... is usually larger fish in the tribs that i fish. Makes sence to me...
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

« Reply #294 on: Feb 18, 2011, 10:16 AM »

Great job man!!!!    .....  LFZ?

Seen a pile of hooks there for the last 2 weeks, decent amount of chrome visible from the bridge mixed in with the darkhorses, had some guys out this morning, they did well for themselves all over the River, no one fished Altmar.... still no out of control hook ups like the LFZ, but reasonable...

53 degrees right now with some sunshine , snow compacted about a foot and a half in 2 days here.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

jersey dave

« Reply #295 on: Feb 18, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Snagger how's it going up there so far. Looks like it's still kind of slow. I got a new guy that wants to come up with us in the spring and learn our ways. He lives just south of saracuse. Let me know when its gonna warm up and melt this snow so I can come spend a few days fishing and taking lambatsems money in a few card games. With the new baby and everything I really really need to get away for a few days so I hope it starts soon.
Jersey Dave

griz104

« Reply #296 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Snagger.. wasn't the LFZ.. did ok in the run where old Pineville Bridge was and another place further down..I was going to head back over that way again today but decided there is probably a ton of guys there with the weather as nice as it is.. Will wait till a day next week to come over again...

bunker killer

« Reply #297 on: Feb 19, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Hey SNAGGER, we finally got out and did some clamming for soft shell clams. All in the area that u like to fish down here

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #298 on: Feb 19, 2011, 12:20 PM »
That brings back memories...   I miss being on the sound... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SNAGGER

« Reply #299 on: Feb 19, 2011, 12:31 PM »
        Man that brings back memories for me too , can you say tequilla Mooseman.. Remember those days and nights at the "SeaGrape" and "The Georgetown Saloon on our Striper trips!!??  I got to get back down there this year.. Craig and Mooseman look good, some good times right there!    MMMMMM!!!

a few pic's from yesterday..

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.