FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084135 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #330 on: Feb 22, 2011, 01:07 AM »
I here a shane. Not talking out loud myself on where the fish are being caught.. ;D But you know where I am at.. Yes that Doe was just off James st..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #331 on: Feb 23, 2011, 03:36 AM »
Very true.. Every salmon..including Kings.. I've seen this winter.. were male.
  Saw three floaters and 2 dead steelies around  Pineville Sunday afternoon. :cursing: :cursing:

It's the most dead steelhead I've EVER seen this winter, and I haven't been out much, bet we lost 40% too catch and release this winter. Don't want to hear anyone crying when I start roping them in a few weeks. I have friends who love eating them, and haven't killed many over the years, but this years C&R kill has got me nerved up, they'll be going to good use when I 'm done ice fishin...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #332 on: Feb 23, 2011, 04:54 AM »
       It's the most dead steelhead I've EVER seen this winter, and I haven't been out much, bet we lost 40% too catch and release this winter. Don't want to hear anyone crying when I start roping them in a few weeks. I have friends who love eating them, and haven't killed many over the years, but this years C&R kill has got me nerved up, they'll be going to good use when I 'm done ice fishin...
:bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: Here Here!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

draketrutta

« Reply #333 on: Feb 23, 2011, 05:35 AM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: Thats funny Jay... We stopped and talked to a guy walking a white dog... He said the deer really likes his dog and  it usually walks with them.. Same Deer.. it's been around for a few years.. that pic was close to the staircase.

Is that deer still prowling the neighborhood?

Couple of years ago it walked right up to me when I was walking down to the river's edge.

I was about to light up a smoke, so I broke off the filter, held it out, and Bambi came closer, took a good sniff, and chewed up that blunt faster than a redneck Pennsyltuckian can dig into a can of Skoal... ;D

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

draketrutta

« Reply #334 on: Feb 23, 2011, 05:37 AM »
SCG - That is a very pretty steelbow you caught there.

SWEEET !!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #335 on: Feb 23, 2011, 08:59 PM »
:bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: Here Here!!

I was grumpy this morning Frank, I won't kill many, if any .. but it really is something how many we have lost this winter to improper picture takers , it seems every fish has to be documented these days , if it's your first, or a nice one or you keep them in the water til the last second...... fine , but if you land 17, do you need to take 17 photo's to prove your a great steelheader?.....  single digit temps, might as well rope up all 17..just sayin...

We went from a 3 to 1 fish limit a few years back, what's the sense if there all just going to go belly up...........
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

draketrutta

« Reply #336 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:43 PM »

We went from a 3 to 1 fish limit a few years back, what's the sense if there all just going to go belly up...........

The C&R Photog's have the same misguided mentality as the Greenie Whackos that think they are saving Al Gore's planet when they plug in their Prius then think the Electricity Fairy will bypass the coal-fired power plant and instead magically charge their car batteries with zero emissions.

slobhoy

« Reply #337 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:06 AM »
The C&R Photog's have the same misguided mentality as the Greenie Whackos that think they are saving Al Gore's planet when they plug in their Prius then think the Electricity Fairy will bypass the coal-fired power plant and instead magically charge their car batteries with zero emissions.

thats funny well said man

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #338 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Well this is a little off topic but..

Just had my fishing vest stolen out of my car monday night-tuesday morning. Whoever did it picked a heck of a time to put me out on my a$$ as far as fishing gear goes. A couple days until march and I'm sitting here with nothing to go out fishing with. I guess a lot of houses have been getting hit around here..but you never really think they'll get you. I know fishing gear is replaceable and all but man, did I have a ton of stuff in that vest. I had three full boxes of flies...one of which was filled with all of my spey flies.

what a world we live in eh?

Steve

slobhoy

« Reply #339 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:41 AM »
people are breaking in houses in minetto i live just across the river wow dont like to hear that

esox v

« Reply #340 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:49 AM »
         I was grumpy this morning Frank, I won't kill many, if any .. but it really is something how many we have lost this winter to improper picture takers , it seems every fish has to be documented these days , if it's your first, or a nice one or you keep them in the water til the last second...... fine , but if you land 17, do you need to take 17 photo's to prove your a great steelheader?.....  single digit temps, might as well rope up all 17..just sayin...

Taking all the photos you want is fine... You just need to do it right. Generally... Net guy has the camera out ..after fish is netted .. angler unhooks it..... holds for photo and returns fish to the water. Should take 15 seconds to photo tops. Most fish will jet right away.... some you need to spend a little time with to get them going again. In my opinion once a fish flips over upside down in the current... IT WILL NOT RECOVER ON IT'S OWN.  I have grabbed at least 10 different floaters and worked them for 5 minutes or so to get them swimming upright. usually they will lay in front of you for a while and swim off on their own. You can't just throw them back in the water like a torpedo after rolling them on the bank for 15 minutes.
 I also think people play them way to long. When we pulled into the parking lot a guy had a fish on.. We BS'd  with a guy in the launch for a while.. went back to the truck got set up... Guy still had the fish on... Bs'd with a dude up there... when  we walked by heading to our spot... it was just getting to the net... a little later we find a floater in a log jam below us... as a matter of fact there was 3 floaters in that area and a dead one on bottom.
  Same Stuff drives me nuts with ice fisherman catching big pike through the ice. Guy's saying..." you got to release every one "..... And in the picture... he's got his hand in the gill with the mouthspreader still in the fishes mouth... and blood running out of the other gill... Gimme a break man and think about what your doing !! Shove it down the hole and  GOOD BYE..........            
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #341 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Well this is a little off topic but..

Just had my fishing vest stolen out of my car monday night-tuesday morning. Whoever did it picked a heck of a time to put me out on my a$$ as far as fishing gear goes. A couple days until march and I'm sitting here with nothing to go out fishing with. I guess a lot of houses have been getting hit around here..but you never really think they'll get you. I know fishing gear is replaceable and all but man, did I have a ton of stuff in that vest. I had three full boxes of flies...one of which was filled with all of my spey flies.

what a world we live in eh?

Steve
One word.... CRAIGSLIST !! That sucks dude !!

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #342 on: Feb 24, 2011, 09:11 AM »

Coal powered hybrid's !! Hybrids are a status thing..

dooberhoopa

• ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
« Reply #343 on: Feb 24, 2011, 02:36 PM »
That's what we do when we take pics of fish...The guy with the fish leaves the fish in the water, while the other guy gets the camera ready. Then we lift the fish quick snap a pic and right back in the water they go. We make take 2 pics if the fish is really colored up but thats it.
Team MIRC NYRC Chapter.....ROCK BASS ON!
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #344 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:33 PM »
My opinion is that only take pics of fish that are worth taking pics of!! And if you don't take pics release the fish back into the water!!Just my .02 cents!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.