FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084247 times)

Dr. IceGeek

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #420 on: Mar 04, 2011, 07:57 PM »
river  is going up to 1250 tonight...plus runoff...be careful this weekend guys!

steelie24

• Hooked since first steel - 1965
« Reply #421 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:37 PM »

hookembob

« Reply #422 on: Mar 04, 2011, 10:53 PM »
well now can see what the thugs look like. Feel sorry for Bill. This is not right.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #424 on: Mar 05, 2011, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning!! Hey Snagger thanks for the Bead Du-Jior!!!  ;) ;) ;) 1250cfs my highest level yet!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

bunker killer

« Reply #425 on: Mar 05, 2011, 08:45 AM »
Not quite the results people were hoping for:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/03/robert_mahoney_found_not_guilt.html

I think it's enough to send a message that this wont be tolerated. especially if the DEC does the right thing and takes Mahoneys licence from him! they might even be able to take his brothers licence as well. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

brownsteele

« Reply #426 on: Mar 05, 2011, 04:32 PM »
saw a new way to rope steel today.scg spotted a flooter ran it down. put it on a rope tyed it up fished for another hour or so.hegot a nice 6-8lb buck.before we left flooter was fine.not bad for a guy who over the years has taken alot crap for keeping fish.your a good man frank had fun.

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #427 on: Mar 05, 2011, 05:13 PM »
hey guys   anybody have any feedback on the LAMSON KONIC fly reel  want one for b-day  let me know   hey JR.   howsit goin   cant make it up march 18   maybe weekend in april    rick
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #428 on: Mar 05, 2011, 06:49 PM »
saw a new way to rope steel today.scg spotted a floater ran it down. put it on a rope tyed it up fished for another hour or so.he got a nice 6-8lb buck.before we left floater was fine.not bad for a guy who over the years has taken alot crap for keeping fish.your a good man frank had fun.

Glad to see that you had a goodtime!! Almost crappie time!! Also nice to have that floater come back to fight another day or to eat next fall!!  ;D I saved one of two that came by.. If your going to C&R, spend some time with your fish and keep them in the water as long as you can, then a quick picture and right back in the drink.. Hooked fish every place we fished!!

SCG

gunnerdk

« Reply #429 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:00 PM »
hey guys   anybody have any feedback on the LAMSON KONIC fly reel  want one for b-day  let me know   hey JR.   howsit goin   cant make it up march 18   maybe weekend in april    rick

I own a konic in a 5wt, Great reel for the price...It has the same conical drag that is in the higher end reels. I would recommend it to anyone..

fishgalore

« Reply #430 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:20 PM »
saw a new way to rope steel today.scg spotted a flooter ran it down. put it on a rope tyed it up fished for another hour or so.hegot a nice 6-8lb buck.before we left flooter was fine.not bad for a guy who over the years has taken alot crap for keeping fish.your a good man frank had fun.

Nice glad to hear it.

fishgalore

« Reply #431 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Glad to see that you had a goodtime!! Almost crappie time!! Also nice to have that floater come back to fight another day or to eat next fall!!  ;D I saved one of two that came by.. If your going to C&R, spend some time with your fish and keep them in the water as long as you can, then a quick picture and right back in the drink.. Hooked fish every place we fished!!

SCG

Keep hookin 'em. It won't be long now SCG I'll be up soon.

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #432 on: Mar 05, 2011, 08:29 PM »
thanks for the info  gettin a 8wt. for up there  I have a ll bean and the drag is a little hairy but great reel overall   thanks  rick
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

esox v

« Reply #433 on: Mar 05, 2011, 08:45 PM »
 Going to need a Fly Rod with all this high water... Hope the steel don't hit the river and burn way up top !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

monic20

« Reply #434 on: Mar 05, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Going to need a Fly Rod with all this high water... Hope the steel don't hit the river and burn way up top !!

i think atleast  70%  are up allready!!!!! have you seen the petting zoo lately  there stacked in there like cord wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.