FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084109 times)

KingPerch

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #600 on: Mar 18, 2011, 04:56 PM »
how many fish were hooked in the mouth is the question now  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Doesn't matter, he'll find a way to make us look bad anyway!!!!  :P Back in the day......... He kills me!! ;D--KP Good evening SNAGGER! 
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #601 on: Mar 18, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Doesn't matter, he'll find a way to make us look bad anyway!!!!  :P Back in the day......... He kills me!! ;D--KP Good evening SNAGGER!
ya did you hear that Salmon bite out of aggression when they run the river  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) you want to stir the pot KP. well we can get it started now  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #602 on: Mar 18, 2011, 05:05 PM »
SIMMER DOWN ZIPPY!!! :rotflol: The ice is just about gone and your rushing the salmon season!!!! I do want to see if they'll hit a worm harness though!!! :w00t: You, my friend, crack me up!!!!--KP  I gotta go eat dinner!! Behave yourself HT!! GAMMA will be around later... :P

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #603 on: Mar 18, 2011, 05:17 PM »
That would be GAMMA in STEALTH mode!!!!!! Killer tactics right there!!!! I heard he hung a SONAR off that rod with 12 # mono last night too.....any truth to that FM and DD??? By the way....was that rod bamboo???? ;D--KP 8)
  lol no it isnt true  ;D not bamboo either it was however a cool rod  8)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #604 on: Mar 18, 2011, 05:19 PM »
SIMMER DOWN ZIPPY!!! :rotflol: The ice is just about gone and your rushing the salmon season!!!! I do want to see if they'll hit a worm harness though!!! :w00t: You, my friend, crack me up!!!!--KP  I gotta go eat dinner!! Behave yourself HT!! GAMMA will be around later... :P
  im bettin they will hit on some of theose wormys  :whistling: perhaps under a float on a 3 dot  :D

Gamma Fish

« Reply #605 on: Mar 18, 2011, 06:14 PM »
i know that ::) ::) ::) time to get the dust off the long poles KP. just imagine how much dust is on Gammas  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: Hes probably going to need a Shop Vac for his ::) ::) ::) ;D
Nah !   I'll just kick you in the nads and when your tongue is hanging out a mile, I'll run those 12 footers across it from butt to tip....twice ! ;D ;D ;D

AIR GRINDER!! is more like it!! Dust or no dust, our rods are ready!! ;)--KP 8)
Yup !   Your gardens will be needing some tomatos stakes again this year ! ;D ;D

That would be GAMMA in STEALTH mode!!!!!! Killer tactics right there!!!! I heard he hung a SONAR off that rod with 12 # mono last night too.....any truth to that FM and DD??? By the way....was that rod bamboo???? ;D--KP 8)
Those rods are for Finesse "Fishing"...................but I did make a Sonar out of a garbage can lid this morning !     Just ordered some 18/0 trebles for it !   :o :o   I should be able to snatch a whole school of walleyes with this one ! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Doesn't matter, he'll find a way to make us look bad anyway!!!!  :P Back in the day......... He kills me!! ;D--KP Good evening SNAGGER!  
Shouldn't be too hard to do  ;D ;D

im bettin they will hit on some of theose wormys  :whistling: perhaps under a float on a 3 dot  :D
Steelhead do and will !  ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #606 on: Mar 18, 2011, 06:23 PM »
THANK GOD THIS IS A B.S. THREAD!!!!!!--KP ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #607 on: Mar 18, 2011, 06:58 PM »
  Come on boys, this is a salmon river thread.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishingjason

« Reply #608 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:40 PM »
Will higher water levels during the spring season make the fish stick around any longer than normal?

esox v

« Reply #609 on: Mar 18, 2011, 10:42 PM »
Will higher water levels during the spring season make the fish stick around any longer than normal?

Straight shot to the petting zoo!!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #610 on: Mar 19, 2011, 03:29 AM »
I am watching  angling great lakes out of western New York... It's the Pro-am tournament. They sure do boat a a lot of Steelheads!!! Right into the box.. I guess that's ok. ;)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #611 on: Mar 19, 2011, 06:15 AM »

If it stays high during april after the water temps hit the 40's and they can spawn, they'll be able to fall back to the lake faster. But like the last 3 years theres an incredible amount of fish at the Hatchery, I was there yesterday at that cement dam across the street, OMG I almost passed out, there was hundreds sunning them selves, 2 in particular were around 36 inches long.  Once the sun went behind the trees, they fell back. It would be nice to get this snowmelt out of the way early again and have lower waters for April, not as low as last year, but a comfortable level.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #612 on: Mar 19, 2011, 06:43 AM »

If it stays high during april after the water temps hit the 40's and they can spawn, they'll be able to fall back to the lake faster. But like the last 3 years theres an incredible amount of fish at the Hatchery, I was there yesterday at that cement dam across the street, OMG I almost passed out, there was hundreds sunning them selves, 2 in particular were around 36 inches long.  Once the sun went behind the trees, they fell back. It would be nice to get this snowmelt out of the way early again and have lower waters for April, not as low as last year, but a comfortable level.
Thanks for the report Shane!! I will probably be up there soon!! With a fly rod and a noodle rod in my hands!!!--Kp Jr.
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

GetBent

« Reply #613 on: Mar 19, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Hey my homies, hows the fishing these days? Just got done moving to canisteo NY. Looking forward to getting north soon, so snagger drop a line. You too LV. Hope to see you all soon. :afro:

Fetzer

« Reply #614 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:49 AM »
Fished the lower end of the river for two days. It was warm weather with LOTS of run-off on friday, but the afternoon and a 2+ mile hike found me 2 chromers, a brown, and a fat domestic. The brown was in the same drift as the steelies but took a pink worm rather than a sack. Saturday was a tough bite and managed one steelie on a 8mm gloroe mottled bead. One thing I did notice in that the areas I fished, was that the river banks are still ALMOST litter free! The cleanups and the flood sure flushed alot of crap out and it was nice to still see clean river banks. I found a few floats BUT I couldnt believe the amount of birdnested piles of floating monofiliment along the banks. They were all over the place washed up. This stuff is BAD news for wildlife and it wasn't painful to pick it up and stick in a pocket. I'm not bitching or ranting, just reminding everyone to help the river (wich provides us so much) out.  
POW.....right in the kisser

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.