FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084216 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #645 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Rivers still at 1800 any ETA for the drop ??
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #646 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Going to 1200cfs tonight..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #647 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:40 PM »
won't see 1500 again till we get some more rain.....

griz104

« Reply #648 on: Mar 22, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Yes days like today a very few and far between.. Last time i had another day like today was about 10 years ago!! Watch..now i will pay and not catch another fish for a month!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #649 on: Mar 22, 2011, 09:01 PM »

Well Griz you got me too walk down to the River, was waiting for my patch to dry on my other waders, so grabbed my waiste highs... First 30 minutes nothing, then found a run where I landed 2 for 3 in about 20 minutes, one chrome 7lb. female and about a 9lb older male.. beads and floats with the CP , thought I might pick up a few browns in some slack water , but didn't.. Felt like January out there, but they seemed a little more agressive then last Thursday, it might be game on once the water drops.

The way I read it , it aint going down til tomorrow night... then 1200cfs through 1159pm .... sounds like even lower Thursday....That would be awesome!!
;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #650 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:07 AM »

Well Griz you got me too walk down to the River, was waiting for my patch to dry on my other waders, so grabbed my waiste highs... First 30 minutes nothing, then found a run where I landed 2 for 3 in about 20 minutes, one chrome 7lb. female and about a 9lb older male.. beads and floats with the CP , thought I might pick up a few browns in some slack water , but didn't.. Felt like January out there, but they seemed a little more agressive then last Thursday, it might be game on once the water drops.

The way I read it , it aint going down til tomorrow night... then 1200cfs through 1159pm .... sounds like even lower Thursday....That would be awesome!!
;D
Just so happens KP will be caught up for the week at today's end.......... :whistling: :whistling:--KP See you tomorrow Shane!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #651 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:09 AM »

give em hell kp !! :flag: :thumbup_smilie:

KingPerch

« Reply #652 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:45 AM »

give em hell kp !! :flag: :thumbup_smilie:
The fish...or SNAGGER??? I gotta better chance with the fish!!! ;) Thanks DD!!--KP 8)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #653 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:56 AM »

ya , if hes half as good at steel as he is on wallys youre pretty much toast  ;D

esox v

« Reply #654 on: Mar 23, 2011, 08:02 AM »

ya , if hes half as good at steel as he is on wallys youre pretty much toast  ;D
Snagger can't catch Steelhead... :whistling: :whistling:   :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

griz104

« Reply #655 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:58 AM »

;D

Next time i am over that way i will stop by and give you some of My Copper Johns.. for me they work the best this time of year.. I had another friend with me who was also using a CP and Floats and didn't even catch half as many as i.. but being a Pinner and stubborn i could not get him to switch over to bottom bouncing either.. Guess some guys just don't enjoy catching fish!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #656 on: Mar 23, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Next time i am over that way i will stop by and give you some of My Copper Johns.. for me they work the best this time of year.. I had another friend with me who was also using a CP and Floats and didn't even catch half as many as i.. but being a Pinner and stubborn i could not get him to switch over to bottom bouncing either.. Guess some guys just don't enjoy catching fish!!

Oh I'm not afraid to switch over to where the action is, I was practically born with a noodle rod in my hand....actually even though I know bottom drifting is king right now and bags are out fishing beads under floats right now. I've got these 3 beads I been running for almost a year now, once that year is up, I'll then know when they start biting on them in the spring, when they stop, already know when they started hitting them in the fall... September 21st and stopped on December 12th, I know when they stop in the spring, just don't know when they start.... once my experiment is over ..... I can put it behind me and go back to where the action is.  Thanks for the info Griz, much appreciated.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #657 on: Mar 23, 2011, 11:05 AM »

I would have to say....He's good at both!!!!! Only a few perch at that spot DD...Stopped there after I left my estimate... Should've got there early!! Wind down there was cold!! Good Morning Shane! Back to work, rap with you SUCKAS later!!--KP ;D

lehigh vally

« Reply #658 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Woke up to 3" of snow this morning in eastern Pa, maby another 2 or 3 tonight, :w00t:   guess no one told mother nature its spring   :D

SNAGGER

« Reply #659 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Woke up to 3" of snow this morning in eastern Pa, maby another 2 or 3 tonight, :w00t:   guess no one told mother nature its spring   :D

Just started here and the parking lot just emptied out, headin over too continue my bead experiment...heard last nights cold weather forced alot of fish too drop down lower in the tribs.  never got above freezing today....teens last night, caught me off guard.... killed my minnows I had outdoors.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.