FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084087 times)

fishgalore

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #660 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Next time i am over that way i will stop by and give you some of My Copper Johns.. for me they work the best this time of year.. I had another friend with me who was also using a CP and Floats and didn't even catch half as many as i.. but being a Pinner and stubborn i could not get him to switch over to bottom bouncing either.. Guess some guys just don't enjoy catching fish!!

The In-Fisherman article I read this winter indicated that CP floating makes a good presentation of flies!!! I intend to find that out and not restrict myself to a bead or sac. Flies......all kinds......will be tested and especially the San Juan worm!!!! Both here and there!!! (ie. NJ & NY) :whistling: :whistling: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flex: :flex: :clapping: :clapping:

fishgalore

« Reply #661 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Woke up to 3" of snow this morning in eastern Pa, maby another 2 or 3 tonight, :w00t:   guess no one told mother nature its spring   :D

8" here in Rockaway, NJ but a few more are forecast for tonight with cold temps. The accumulation packed down a bit so it doesn't look like 8" anymore but any amount is more than I'd like to have.  It's not  :sick: :cursing: :nono: a good start to Spring in NNJ.

KingPerch

« Reply #662 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:49 PM »
      Just started here and the parking lot just emptied out, headin over too continue my bead experiment...heard last nights cold weather forced alot of fish too drop down lower in the tribs.  never got above freezing today....teens last night, caught me off guard.... killed my minnows I had outdoors.
The ground here has been covered with snow in the last 45 minutes or so!! Check that hole for fish Shane and let me know!! ;) What's happenin' Fishgalore??!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

lehigh vally

« Reply #663 on: Mar 23, 2011, 04:23 PM »
      Just started here and the parking lot just emptied out, headin over too continue my bead experiment...heard last nights cold weather forced alot of fish too drop down lower in the tribs.  never got above freezing today....teens last night, caught me off guard.... killed my minnows I had outdoors.

When i went out side sunday morning the tops of the buckets were frozen over and  the minnows weren't moving :-\

Stormy_NY

« Reply #664 on: Mar 23, 2011, 04:55 PM »

Oh NO !!!  Not the MINNOWS !!!!! That is going to free up 2 hrs of your day now  :w00t:

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #665 on: Mar 23, 2011, 04:55 PM »
The In-Fisherman article I read this winter indicated that CP floating makes a good presentation of flies!!! I intend to find that out and not restrict myself to a bead or sac. Flies......all kinds......will be tested and especially the San Juan worm!!!! Both here and there!!! (ie. NJ & NY) :whistling: :whistling: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flex: :flex: :clapping: :clapping:

Heard it can be productive.  Tried it a few times and never had any luck.

Stormy_NY

« Reply #666 on: Mar 23, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Heard it can be productive.  Tried it a few times and never had any luck.

It has to though .... I mean if your nymphing are are trying for a drag free drift ..mend mend mend mend ..... you would think a nymph under a float would be the perfect drift.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #667 on: Mar 23, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Floated some jigs and pw's in the town pool this am.  Nada on the trout!   :'(  All the other guys fishing there gave up an hour before me.  Only caught a couple fallfish, one was pretty chunky.  Thought it was a sucker at first.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #668 on: Mar 23, 2011, 06:56 PM »
               Hit 3 runs again for an hour and a half and once again the River is just too high to effectively fish anywhere near my house except one seam in the schoolhouse with waiste highs on, went an hour earlier tonight , but just like clock work there was a good bite around 6pm, landed 2 for 3 again , missed a couple bites. Landed a really giant female around 14lbs. wish I had a camera, she was really pink and silver...   great battle with a couple good jumps. My reel actually froze up and had frozen guide issues this evening... beads and floats again, saw a really nice one on a stringer too by another fisherman. That's it..nothing great, just workin for em...

good luck out there .. waters staying up ...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #669 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:01 PM »
snowin sleetin rain  lightin and thunderin   great that spring is here   HI everyone   hows everybody doin  really miss the screamin drag    hey kp whats up  hows JR   RICK
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

fishgalore

« Reply #670 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:00 PM »
The ground here has been covered with snow in the last 45 minutes or so!! Check that hole for fish Shane and let me know!! ;) What's happenin' Fishgalore??!--KP 8)

Greetings from snowville KP & KP Jr.....LOL. Just went for my lungs on all kinds of stuff .....new CP combo, 4 wt. Fly reel, Danvise, Waders, net, residuals still to come. Thank goodness I sold some stuff to pay for it or else I'd be somewhere far away from the dog house bro. Got back from the Carolina's last Friday but didn't fish at all down there. We travelled all over from Boone, NC to Rock Hill, SC. The weather there is my kind of stuff. .............70's to 80's everyday this week but nice last week as well. Hit Mt. Mitchell and got a feel for the lay of the land down there. Hope to mosey on down in about 3 yrs for permanent status. We'll see if that happens.

I picked up a brochure in the Boone, NC area for the Elk Creek Outfitters and might have to give it a try with my South Carolina buddy. They do float trips & guide service like on the SR for Trout in tha Watauga River.  Trophy sized monster Brown & Rainbows can be found in the South Holston River too. The mountains (Appalachian, Smokeys (Tenn.), etc are awesome......... bigger than the Adirondacks! Mitchell is 6684 above sea level while Mt. Marcy (highest in NY) is 5343!! They had 7" of snow on Mitchell last Tuesday, by Thursday (when we went) it was mostly gone.  Also went to the Dupont National Forest. Saw 3 sets of Falls; Hooker, Triple and High Falls. Can be viewed here:-http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/dupont1.htm

It looked like some good trout waters too!! http://www.dupontforest.com/fishing.asp There were some posted signs like this one:-  Lots more photo's here:-
http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/fishsomemore/?start=0

Coming up yonder in mid-April...... woohoo for 3 days!!! There's more but I've bored you enough already!!

esox v

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
« Reply #672 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Just getting on here as i heard this was the place to help in the ice shanty withdrawls.

fishgalore

« Reply #673 on: Mar 23, 2011, 09:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BstFHCwt9E4&feature=related

Got me!!  You may be a tad young but do you remember the Real TV show? Anyway they had stupid or funny signs to view each week. The local Ding Dong Dairy here in town had a sign in the parking lot that I should have taken a photo of and sent it in. It said:- "Parking for Ding Dong customers only" !!!!!!! Thought you might like that one too!!

esox v

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.