FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084172 times)

filetandrelease

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #690 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:51 PM »
ya but now you have 2 pair nice to have a spare

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #691 on: Mar 24, 2011, 05:30 PM »
snowin sleetin rain  lightin and thunderin   great that spring is here   HI everyone   hows everybody doin  really miss the screamin drag    hey kp whats up  hows JR   RICK
I am good Rick thanks for asking!! I am definetley waiting to hear the drag scream on that new fly reel!!Speakin of which, Did you get one yet??!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

bunker killer

« Reply #692 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Hey SNAGGER,
I finally pulled out old sunshine from the back of the shop, i didn't realize the last time i put this boat in the water was 07' remember all the good times we had on her?

Drifter_016

« Reply #693 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Trailer's a little small for that boat isn't it?   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #694 on: Mar 24, 2011, 09:49 PM »
ya but now you have 2 pair nice to have a spare

:tipup:

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #695 on: Mar 25, 2011, 12:23 AM »
  Ole Fred had some crazy stories from the 70's and 80's... good stuff!! , can't believe we never ran into each other back in the 80's  We sure shared some of the same water. :w00t:!!!

Sure it's a good thing you two didn't run into each other back then........Imagine if you guys were "getting in each others heads" for 20 plus years!! ;D

bunker killer

« Reply #696 on: Mar 25, 2011, 06:18 AM »
Trailer's a little small for that boat isn't it?   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
That's a 26ft Carver on the trailer in the pic, but it does look smaller with the trailer.We've moved boats up to 35ft with it so far,but it will hold a 40ft.Its a hydraulic trailer,I can lift the boat up about another 3ft with the hydraulics which makes it real nice for working on the bottom.

KingPerch

« Reply #697 on: Mar 25, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Sure it's a good thing you two didn't run into each other back then........Imagine if you guys were "getting in each others heads" for 20 plus years!! ;D
Can you say straight jackets???? LOL!!  Two good guys right there FM, as you already know!!!! ;)

Shane, how was the fishing yesterday...We don't see a report from you!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #698 on: Mar 25, 2011, 08:30 AM »
I am good Rick thanks for asking!! I am definetley waiting to hear the drag scream on that new fly reel!!Speakin of which, Did you get one yet??!!
hey JR  NO I didnt get 1 yet  still cant decide --- lamson konic-sage1800- loomis venture- llbean double LL   help   see you and the crew soon I hope   weather here sucks   RICK ----- anybody got any feedback on these reels would really help!!!
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #699 on: Mar 25, 2011, 10:18 AM »
Can you say straight jackets???? LOL!!  Two good guys right there FM, as you already know!!!! ;)

Shane, how was the fishing yesterday...We don't see a report from you!!--KP 8)

Never got on the computer last night KP  , Did my same run across the street yesterday from 5pm til 630pm , it was cold with the wind blowing up the River and the fish were very sluggish, even the bottom drifters didn't hook any when I was down there ...  only had 2 bites, landed an odd size steelhead, small 2lber around 18 inches long.
         Drifted floats through the same 3 runs, Can't wait for the water to go down already so we can move around a bit more.... 7 days of cold dry weather coming and no water drop!!   I'm confused!!   This power company is very confusing in how they manage the water in last 3 years.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kc

« Reply #700 on: Mar 25, 2011, 11:02 AM »
It's dropping to 1000 today for the weekend.

KingPerch

« Reply #701 on: Mar 25, 2011, 11:37 AM »
hey JR  NO I didnt get 1 yet  still cant decide --- lamson konic-sage1800- loomis venture- llbean double LL   help   see you and the crew soon I hope   weather here sucks   RICK ----- anybody got any feedback on these reels would really help!!!
OKUMA HELIOS!!!!! Good bang for the buck!!! Your only gonna  "catch "  steelies and dead salmon anyway Rick!!!! ;D--KP  Jr. is home sick today!! :P We won't be steelie fishing this weekend!! :(
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

salmon stalker

« Reply #702 on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Hey guys, fishing the river in a couple weeks. What is the ideal water flow (CFS)  for steelheads. Been reading about your fishery and seems alot depends on flows and temps. Just curious from some of you pros.

Fishing pulaski/Altmar area mid April. Any info to share for a newbie on the river would be great. (I am not new to fishing or river fishing, just fishing in NY)

Thanks
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Fetzer

« Reply #703 on: Mar 25, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Hey guys, fishing the river in a couple weeks. What is the ideal water flow (CFS)  for steelheads. Been reading about your fishery and seems alot depends on flows and temps. Just curious from some of you pros.

Fishing pulaski/Altmar area mid April. Any info to share for a newbie on the river would be great. (I am not new to fishing or river fishing, just fishing in NY)

Thanks

I'm no pro but...everyone has their own favorite flow. I like 750 to 1200. It spreads out the fish, spreads out the fishermen, and creates lots of good holding spots for the fish, giving you and them an equal chance. Your going to find yourself fishing this river the same as smaller trout streams. When you do hook a few, THAT will be your new favorite spot and flow. (write down a few notes when you get back to the vehicle for future fishing reference) Good luck!
POW.....right in the kisser

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #704 on: Mar 25, 2011, 05:16 PM »
SNAGGER YOUR IN BOX IS FULL ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.