FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084098 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #750 on: Mar 27, 2011, 11:51 AM »
your correct Bob and i lost a pile of fish last season because of that drag slipping and hanging up ::) ::)
the words...  HT and fly reel just don't jive to me...
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #751 on: Mar 27, 2011, 12:04 PM »
hey now easy there big guy. we are talking about fly reels here not CP. i use both ;)

esox v

« Reply #752 on: Mar 27, 2011, 12:19 PM »
het now easy there big guy. we are talking about fly reels here not CP. i use both ;)
 Let me get this straight....Your fly fishing ...going to fish DSR .... Whats next  ??? You joining LOTAC and only fishing the petting zoo this fall you elitest snob.....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #753 on: Mar 27, 2011, 12:49 PM »
your correct Bob and i lost a pile of fish last season because of that drag slipping and hanging up ::) ::)

user error, lol that reel sounded like a lawnmover on gravel

adam2000

« Reply #754 on: Mar 27, 2011, 12:51 PM »
 Let me get this straight....Your fly fishing ...going to fish DSR .... Whats next  ??? You joining LOTAC and only fishing the petting zoo this fall you elitest snob.....
i wouldnt call our chuck and duck fly fishing, but it works

adam2000

« Reply #755 on: Mar 27, 2011, 12:56 PM »
i was ready for shark fishing again when they all died. i was ready for ice fishing when the ice became a death trap. now i have became a canal river rat for perch ::) ::) ::) i am waiting for my boat motor to get fixed and the 3' of snow to melt so i can get to the boat and get it ready. Hey Fall is right around the corner you know ;D ;D ;D
thought you werent ice fishing next yr ::) ::) ::) ::)

fishgalore

« Reply #756 on: Mar 27, 2011, 01:02 PM »
user error, lol that reel sounded like a lawnmover on gravel

I plan on trying to keep the drag loose and using my finger, like with the CP for a drag, but I have no clue if that will prevent it from locking up. I know it has been sitting since the fall and I pulled it off the basement shelf to see if the drag was tight or set like I had it for fishing and it was locked up. Probably from the moisture in the basement. I did that since HT & company told me in the fall about the problem........ they were correct!!!

Esox v: HT ain't no snob dude. He helped me out and I'm from Joisey!!! :rotflol: :rotflol:

adam2000

« Reply #757 on: Mar 27, 2011, 01:17 PM »
I plan on trying to keep the drag loose and using my finger, like with the CP for a drag, but I have no clue if that will prevent it from locking up. I know it has been sitting since the fall and I pulled it off the basement shelf to see if the drag was tight or set like I had it for fishing and it was locked up. Probably from the moisture in the basement. I did that since HT & company told me in the fall about the problem........ they were correct!!!

Esox v: HT ain't no snob dude. He helped me out and I'm from Joisey!!! :rotflol: :rotflol:

watch your fingers, steelies are strong but nothing compared to a 25 lb king, sounds like your in for some busted knuckles, lol, ht will kiss them for ya

kc

« Reply #758 on: Mar 27, 2011, 03:11 PM »
going to 750 Monday evening. I will be there this week.

Dark Cloud

« Reply #759 on: Mar 27, 2011, 03:18 PM »
i wouldnt call our chuck and duck fly fishing, but it works

Now thats funny  ;D

I try and always loosen the drags on reels when there are not going to be used in a while. They can "take a set"...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #760 on: Mar 27, 2011, 03:49 PM »

Fished beads and floats again with the CP, went a little earlier to see how the mid day bite was, it wasn't bad at all..landed 3 for 5... fished from 2:30-4:30 pm... nice ones in the 7-10lb. range. took one pic of a shiny male..

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

H.T.

« Reply #761 on: Mar 27, 2011, 03:50 PM »
nice looking fish  :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

H.T.

« Reply #762 on: Mar 27, 2011, 03:59 PM »
as Stated many many times i am an "OPORTUNIST"  :-* :-* :-* :-* and a few other things :P :P ::) ::) ::) and yes i might fish the DSR a time or 2 or 3 or 4 ::) :-X :-X :-*

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #763 on: Mar 27, 2011, 04:10 PM »
nice looking fish  :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Nice fish Snagg!! I want to go!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #764 on: Mar 27, 2011, 04:11 PM »
as Stated many many times i am an "OPORTUNIST"  :-* :-* :-* :-* and a few other things :P :P ::) ::) ::) and yes i might fish the DSR a time or 2 or 3 or 4 ::) :-X :-X :-*
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.