FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084321 times)

timdog

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #825 on: Mar 30, 2011, 07:46 PM »
very impressive fish fenwick  :o

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #826 on: Mar 30, 2011, 07:59 PM »
when I get back I am hitting the SR hard!! Picture perfect steelie fenwick!! Crappies Saturday..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #827 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:05 PM »

Hey Frank we seen dozens on nests  .... I also caught my first droppies of the year and chromers on there way up, a perfect mixture. Fishing was tough early with all the people, but after 3 pm and the River got a chance to settle down it got really good.

Heres a few pics....

Does anybody know how to make these cell phones pictures bigger,? I took a ton of these today with Mark's phone, but don't know how to make them bigger.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #828 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:15 PM »
         Really Nice meeting you KC!! ... when we left the schoolhouse we were still at only a couple hook ups around 230pm, but that would soon change.. Took a drift boat ride down the River with Mark Sabia from Northwoods Outfitters a little after noon... Me.. my buddy Wayno (who took his watermaster raft ), Jerry from Vt and markie ended up landing 14 steelhead for 34 hooked, all on floats... weather was great and so was the fishing, never even made it too the trestle pool before it got dark... We had 3 doubles and one triple ... took a pile of pic's I'll post later after I get them sent to me...   Just a spectacular relaxing day on the River ... ;D

Awesome Steelhead Fenwick.. :thumbup_smilie:

SPECTACULAR RELAXING DAY ON THE RIVER !!14 for 34 THAT'S ALMOST COMBAT FISHING !! NICE MAN !! ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #829 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:23 PM »
well I didnt make it up there till 230....and stayed up high till dark, guess I made a mistake. Landed one brown and that was it. Watched Snag drift by on his way to the slaughter....wish I walked a bit further on down the river.

Issiah

« Reply #830 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:26 PM »
That's a nice one there!  Sounds like things are heating up a little  8)

bcons

« Reply #831 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Man after seeing the recent reports on this thread and getting the report I got today from that "area" on the river, it's making me wanna give up chasing perch & hit some steel!  Nice buck snagger!  Certainly looks like I've gotta forgo the freezer & go for fun in the next day or two.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bass on

« Reply #832 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Nice fish guys.  Looking forward to heading up again in a couple weeks. Thanks again shane for helping us this past weekend.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #833 on: Mar 30, 2011, 09:12 PM »
  Hey Frank we seen dozens on nests  .... I also caught my first droppies of the year and chromers on there way up, a perfect mixture. Fishing was tough early with all the people, but after 3 pm and the River got a chance to settle down it got really good.

Heres one... more to come..

that's the willows! no the bovines? Ballpark? no no NO.... It's Browns at the head or is it Ellis.. It's the Ace in the hole? I GOT IT!!!! TROUT BROOK!!!! Yup I'll be gone and  you guys with be SPANKING the Droppies!!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

kc

« Reply #834 on: Mar 30, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Was that you Ernye at the school house this afternoon? I was just above you. The guy just below you was hitting them on night crawlers.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #835 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:02 PM »
brineing does basicly the same thing as cureing mr turtle head  ;) its an either or thing  :P

I knew what your comment would be ;)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #836 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Man after seeing the recent reports on this thread and getting the report I got today from that "area" on the river, it's making me wanna give up chasing perch & hit some steel!  Nice buck snagger!  Certainly looks like I've gotta forgo the freezer & go for fun in the next day or two.

When your ready to make the trip , let me know.....I'm thinking Sat. afternoon, after the shop closes, and/or Sunday. Get ahold of me, I'll provide the wheels.

Snag, and the rest of you guys.......My hat is off to ya's. From the pic's, it looks like many men went home with a big smile on the face. 8)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #837 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Nice fish guys.  Looking forward to heading up again in a couple weeks. Thanks again shane for helping us this past weekend.

Glad you guys had a good time... you guys got fish in pretty tough conditions , especially the first trip. I was impressed at how well you guys did being it was only your 2 second time doing it.... I'll have a few new tricks for you next trip...take care man.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #838 on: Mar 31, 2011, 06:19 AM »
nice going north woods ,hows the knee doing bro? and who is that sneaking up be hind you ?,oh thats the snag nice of you to put him on some fish  ;)

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #839 on: Mar 31, 2011, 06:20 AM »
Was that you Ernye at the school house this afternoon? I was just above you. The guy just below you was hitting them on night crawlers.

Sure was...sorry to jump on down there but I didnt see you behind that bank. I walked down to the wires, crossed and fished the school side before crossing again and heading up to the barrel. That guy fishing crawlers was a super lifter...

if everything works out I'll be back up there this afternoon...maybe this wet weather will scare a couple people off. Maybe I'll see you up there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.