FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084082 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #885 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:01 PM »

hey El Guapo , would you say that there is a plethera of browns in the river  ;D

There is right now!!! ;D  We did really well again this morning.    Great Fish Paul!!! :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #886 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:04 PM »
  There is right now!!! ;D  We did really well again this morning.    Great Fish Paul!!! :thumbup_smilie:
Did the bite shut down @ 10:30 ish ?? I heard  it did on the bottom end.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

kowboy

« Reply #887 on: Apr 02, 2011, 01:41 PM »

there seems to be some nice browns in the river recently! here's a pretty female i caught and released last sunday.....-Paul
beautiful fish congrats catch and release nice

SNAGGER

« Reply #888 on: Apr 02, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Did the bite shut down @ 10:30 ish ?? I heard  it did on the bottom end.

Went all day in spots we fished... We fished 7-10 am again 11-1`pm, 3-5 pm and 6-730pm. took many breaks , great weather fished at a easy going laid back pace...  I was 6 for 10 ...... I took a 3 hour nap mid day after a big walk... Dave was 7 for 11 and between the other three guys with us, they had to get 18 hook ups... heres some pic's from one of 4 spots we fished....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishingjason

« Reply #889 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:41 PM »
Nice fish.
I picked this one up on  the river this morning. Why is the fish a humpback?

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #890 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:21 AM »

Went all day in spots we fished... We fished 7-10 am again 11-1`pm, 3-5 pm and 6-730pm. took many breaks , great weather fished at a easy going laid back pace...  I was 6 for 10 ...... I took a 3 hour nap mid day after a big walk... Dave was 7 for 11 and between the other three guys with us, they had to get 18 hook ups... heres some pic's from one of 4 spots we fished....

Your Killing me :'( :'(... I am leaving in a few hrs!! Hope this is the begining of the three week fishing Smack down!  :)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #891 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:34 AM »
Your Killing me :'( :'(... I am leaving in a few hrs!! Hope this is the begining of the three week fishing Smack down!  :)

Yesterday the fish at the sportsman's were almost all droppies, from Pineville and the Trestle upstream they were all tight... and there was chrome and droppies in town...so it's all over the board right now... looks like a couple storms starting late Monday and another one later this week, so we'll see how the water shakes out.  Hey Jason I get alot of salmon with those crooked or broken backs in the filet station, not sure but I think they get broken backs early in life ...maybe from trollers. Probably end up seeing you today Frank...good luck.. ;D

Heres my new screensaver, fishin above the Sportsman's

Another Sportsman's

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #892 on: Apr 03, 2011, 05:44 AM »
Heading up now, Maybe will run into a couple of ya's. Just got home from bullheading with an old friend of mine.....

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #893 on: Apr 03, 2011, 07:50 AM »
              Yesterday the fish at the sportsman's were almost all droppies, from Pineville and the Trestle upstream they were all tight... and there was chrome and droppies in town...so it's all over the board right now... looks like a couple storms starting late Monday and another one later this week, so we'll see how the water shakes out.  Hey Jason I get alot of salmon with those crooked or broken backs in the filet station, not sure but I think they get broken backs early in life ...maybe from trollers. Probably end up seeing you today Frank...good luck.. ;D

Heres my new screensaver, fishin above the Sportsman's

Another Sportsman's

I would love to go but I am leaving to go to Illinois  :'( :'( :'( :'(
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #894 on: Apr 03, 2011, 07:52 AM »
NICE BOW DAVY!!!!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #895 on: Apr 03, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Gotta love April baby!!

Wish I realized my shadow was on this fishes gill plate when I took the picture...kind of cool anyway I suppose.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #896 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:06 AM »

those are some really freekin cool pics man ! thanx for shareing  ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #897 on: Apr 03, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Jr. and I fished from 8:00-1:00, 0-3 for the two of us!! Fish were really picky today! Lot's of fisherman and boats.  Good to see SNAGGER and Lambaste'em today!!   We hope to see you during the week for an evening run Shane!! Titelines!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

bcons

« Reply #898 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Hit the river for a couple hours, 2 for 7, Small simple flies hand tied by a friend, 1 color in particular worked well, same fly different color NADA.  Same guy that tied the flies went 7 for 22 yest.  Today seemed like they were a bit more line shy, but I guess after getting pounded what do you expect.  Particular spot in the run or hole also seemed to make a HUGE difference.  If you started you drift or float of by a few feet nada, same hole move up a bit, & wham.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #899 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:52 PM »
FISHING WAS OH SO SLOW and the fish were very picky.threw everything at em and only on taker!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.