FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084107 times)

kc

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #930 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Hey Shane,
 I took your advice and have a 13' 6" okuma aventa rod coming. Will be back up when I get it. Had to send my waders back to Cabelas also. Had only worn them 4 times and the seams were leaking.  I will let you know when I am coming up.
Ken

lehigh vally

« Reply #931 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:06 PM »
 Man !! Talk about taking things for granted !! All the shots are amazing !! After Watching it... I realized that I have viewed most of them shots with my own eyes!! What LUCKY people we are !!
  Rob as usuall... Super work man... Your a Very talented photographer !! One of these Days I hope to find my ugly mug in one of your pieces...  THANK'S  

Thank you ;D    Just hang out with us on the weekends when im in town, I'm sure it will happen ;)

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #932 on: Apr 05, 2011, 03:47 PM »
good job rob keep up the good work
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

lehigh vally

« Reply #933 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:53 PM »
good job rob keep up the good work

Thank's Jim, give me a call this week when you have time ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #934 on: Apr 05, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Hey Shane,
 I took your advice and have a 13' 6" okuma aventa rod coming. Will be back up when I get it. Had to send my waders back to Cabelas also. Had only worn them 4 times and the seams were leaking.  I will let you know when I am coming up.
Ken
 It will be alot easier to cast then that shorter pole you had Kc.   But when you walk down the River you'll be looking up alot to make sure theres room to cast it under the trees. I'm actually going to pick up a Cortland 11 6 for fishing in areas that have alot of trees and see how it works out..

Hit the River across the street for a few with my buddy deadeyes this evening , we both landed 2 for 4, they were a little more picky tonight, cold strong winds were howling up the channel... wow were my fingers numb...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kc

« Reply #935 on: Apr 05, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Shane I had a new 12'  Bob James twin tip rod in the truck that day. I am taking that rod back to the Cortland line store for a return. The rod was not that much longer, it was all in the 2' handle. Made it awkward to cast. I will be back up when I get the new rod and it warms up a little.
 Ken

esox v

« Reply #936 on: Apr 05, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Shane I had a new 12'  Bob James twin tip rod in the truck that day. I am taking that rod back to the Cortland line store for a return. The rod was not that much longer, it was all in the 2' handle. Made it awkward to cast. I will be back up when I get the new rod and it warms up a little.
 Ken
I just cut 4 " off the butt of my JW young  Meat stick float rod.. In the rod your taking back a float rod ?
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

« Reply #937 on: Apr 05, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Shane I had a new 12'  Bob James twin tip rod in the truck that day. I am taking that rod back to the Cortland line store for a return. The rod was not that much longer, it was all in the 2' handle. Made it awkward to cast. I will be back up when I get the new rod and it warms up a little.
 Ken

That Rod you let me cast at the bridge seemed like it was 9 feet, 10 tops...   I'm still in search for a certain rod for the upper River short water, I was in the diversions the other day slipping my floats into the rootballs plucking steelhead out of almost everyone I fished ... but the minute a fish spit the hook, in the trees I went, it got frustrating quick, so now I'm looking for a short water float rod.  If I don't find one, I'll just put that vectra on a noodle rod..  Take care Kc!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kc

« Reply #938 on: Apr 05, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Yes it is a Bob James Barbel Special Twin tip float rod. 80.00 bucks at the Cortland line store.

esox v

« Reply #939 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Yes it is a Bob James Barbel Special Twin tip float rod. 80.00 bucks at the Cortland line store.
The euro rods are a bit different... The guides on mine are way to small.. the butt section of the handle is way to long and The first guide is very close to the reel.
  You can't go wrong with the aventa it's a cheap rod that works great !! There isn't one bad thing I can say about it...

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #940 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:11 PM »
         That Rod you let me cast at the bridge seemed like it was 9 feet, 10 tops...   I'm still in search for a certain rod for the upper River short water, I was in the diversions the other day slipping my floats into the rootballs plucking steelhead out of almost everyone I fished ... but the minute a fish spit the hook, in the trees I went, it got frustrating quick, so now I'm looking for a short water float rod.  If I don't find one, I'll just put that vectra on a noodle rod..  Take care Kc!!
The 9 foot endurance is nice man. its not as soft as some noodles. 

SNAGGER

« Reply #941 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:13 PM »

What's twin tip mean Kc ?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Drifter_016

« Reply #942 on: Apr 05, 2011, 11:11 PM »

Shane
What are you looking for in a rod (length & line rating wise)?
I might have some optionsfor you.   ;)

Chainsaw

« Reply #943 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:28 AM »
Getting a late start to this year. I'm still kickin', still on heavy duty Chemotherapy, and still trying to get my Ice Fishing gear sorted and put away.

I'll be up in a couple of weeks anyway as I'm feeling better now too. Glad to see the River's still running with good fish and good fisherfolk. Bless you all... ;D

kc

« Reply #944 on: Apr 06, 2011, 06:55 AM »
Shane the rod I had at the bridge was 10/6. The rod I am returning has 2 different tips with it. One is softer than the other. Also the softer one is white the last 2 feet. The rod is green. As esox said the euro rods are different with a long handle and very small eyes on the tips.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.