FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084161 times)

fishit

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1245 on: Apr 16, 2011, 11:08 PM »
albino?
PA stocks what they call Palomino trout (albino) they don't stand much of a chance in the wild due to their color but they are still cool to catch...Imagine if the NYS DEC stocked Palomino salmon ? what a riot on top of the usual circus that would be.
1,168,124 Trout caught and released since 1997...another good year for the trout...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1246 on: Apr 17, 2011, 12:48 AM »

Forecast says 4200cfs through 9pm Monday...100 bucks says it starts dropping today or tonight , it was only flowing about 3500cfs yesterday and we didn't get the monster rains that they are recieving just east of here, man it was a wild storm yesterday, winds..wow!!  but we just got graced by the rains.. about 5/8's of an inch here so far........ If that had hit us direct with 2 plus inches, there would of probably been a big water event...real close call!!!  Time to start planning around the Wednesday storm..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #1247 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:58 AM »
we got slammed down here in Oswego. Rained all day yesterday, into the night and just stopped a couple hours ago. Still pretty windy out there..probably gusting close to 25mph.

wiredstone

« Reply #1248 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:02 AM »
albino?
High breed golden trout. (palamino)
wooo fish on. Never mind

kowboy

« Reply #1249 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:53 AM »
hope ur right snagger as i have off monday and would like to fish the sr.

hookembob

« Reply #1250 on: Apr 17, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Yes Shane hope the river comes down for later this week. I'm Coming up Wednesday night to move my camper from storage back onto my land. Then I will have 3 days to fish before heading back home Saturday night. I'll try and stop by and say hi. Going to be coming up with an old friend. He is an old guy. He is the guy that got me into the out sports way back when I was a kid. He has bad legs so if you know of any spots that maybe good to take him to PM me. See you later this week. Bob

SNAGGER

« Reply #1251 on: Apr 17, 2011, 11:57 AM »
       Well it kept raining for a few more hours last night, ended up with 7/8's of an inch here, probably a touch more up top.. My thoughts last night might have been wishful thinking, we'll see.. Gauges are very high, leaving right now to look at the creeks...

Heres a short video I made last night.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/snagger69/?action=view&current=Connboysrockthehouse2.mp4

Thanks for taking your valuable fishing time to film the boys Lehigh Valley, we all appreciate it bro..Thanks!! 8)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #1252 on: Apr 17, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Looks like some bright fish are still coming up...
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #1253 on: Apr 17, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Looks like some bright fish are still coming up...

I just got home from my trip to the SR. Frank and Shane, thank you guys very much for helping us make the trip the best it could be in horrible fishing conditions! We did the best we could and it was fun having that entire creek to ourselves for most of Saturday. There are still some bright ones coming in Frank!! Here are a few pix.

-Scott

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #1254 on: Apr 17, 2011, 03:41 PM »

Nice Job Scott!!!  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

wiredstone

« Reply #1255 on: Apr 17, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Great video and pics.  :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

lehigh vally

« Reply #1256 on: Apr 17, 2011, 03:55 PM »
      Well it kept raining for a few more hours last night, ended up with 7/8's of an inch here, probably a touch more up top.. My thoughts last night might have been wishful thinking, we'll see.. Gauges are very high, leaving right now to look at the creeks...

Heres a short video I made last night.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/snagger69/?action=view&current=Connboysrockthehouse2.mp4

Thanks for taking your valuable fishing time to film the boys Lehigh Valley, we all appreciate it bro..Thanks!! 8)

Thanks Snagger, as usual we had a good time even though conditions were tough all over we still managed to find some fresh chrome, see ya next trip, tell Chris thanks for making dinner Saturday. Go a short video of Big Jerry's  son fighting steelhead at the bridge pool back in February, enjoy ;D

SNAGGER

« Reply #1257 on: Apr 17, 2011, 04:04 PM »

You tore the roof down with that video Rob!!!!!
                    ....That video Rocks!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

lehigh vally

« Reply #1258 on: Apr 17, 2011, 04:09 PM »

You tore the roof down with that video Rob!!!!!
                    ....That video Rocks!!!!

Thanks Snagger, were out of footage, we need to shoot more for the next one ;)

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #1259 on: Apr 17, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Cool video rob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.