FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084278 times)

fishgalore

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1275 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:10 PM »
High breed golden trout. (palamino)

You mean like this pig that James Marino caught in your neck of the woods recently???  They look like giant gold fish swimming around in the water! Heck they are giant "gold" fish!!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #1276 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:58 PM »
      Well it kept raining for a few more hours last night, ended up with 7/8's of an inch here, probably a touch more up top.. My thoughts last night might have been wishful thinking, we'll see.. Gauges are very high, leaving right now to look at the creeks...

Heres a short video I made last night.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/snagger69/?action=view&current=Connboysrockthehouse2.mp4

Thanks for taking your valuable fishing time to film the boys Lehigh Valley, we all appreciate it bro..Thanks!! 8)

LOL that video is awesome, we were the group just down stream from the Conn boys, (You can see us as we were the ones NOT catching fish once Snagger arrived) I remember watching Snagger use his foot to help land that one steelie and it made me laugh when it happened.

Nice video guys!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

nightfisher

« Reply #1277 on: Apr 17, 2011, 09:57 PM »
 Kowboy landing one       http://youtu.be/xFpimZGqHC0

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1278 on: Apr 17, 2011, 10:47 PM »
You mean like this pig that James Marino caught in your neck of the woods recently???  They look like giant gold fish swimming around in the water! Heck they are giant "gold" fish!!

You coming up this spring Fishgalore?  I talked to James a couple days ago..  cool fish, where at? Catskills?

Hey Scott I've never use nets for steelhead, just my feet.. Me and Dave pin them in shallow water with our boots , that way they stay wet for photo's... unless it's a beast for the stringer , then it gets the boot..  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1279 on: Apr 17, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Kowboy landing one       http://youtu.be/xFpimZGqHC0

I remember that day!!!     hey Kowboy your box is full bud!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kowboy

« Reply #1280 on: Apr 17, 2011, 11:16 PM »
knightfisher thanks for posting that it was great to see my first one caught on video, your the man. Snagg cleared it and deadeyez whats up. will give shane them pics tomarrow they cameout great.

fishgalore

« Reply #1281 on: Apr 18, 2011, 04:18 AM »
 You coming up this spring Fishgalore?  I talked to James a couple days ago..  cool fish, where at? Catskills?

Hey Scott I've never use nets for steelhead, just my feet.. Me and Dave pin them in shallow water with our boots , that way they stay wet for photo's... unless it's a beast for the stringer , then it gets the boot..  ;D

Hey man, I was up there this past weekend.........not the best timing or conditions but we made the best of it. I had one stretch of the Altmar section just below the bridge late on Friday to drift by myself for about an hour.........200 ft. LOL   No takers though the river was high and raging. We watched someone in the LFZ that had, we presume, a big brown on. He had the fish on for at least 30 min. and still hadn't landed it so we split out back to Trout brook or Orwell, I forget which one. At least those were fishable. I put away the CP for the rest of the weekend and used the fly rod while Mark used my noodle rod. He got his first steelie yesterday outta Trout brook before we left to come home. He was eager and excited and made a beeline to a hole that he caught some small ones in the day before.

Gillripper may come up in a couple weeks.....I might join him......we'll see. James got that fish in Jordan Creek, PA

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #1282 on: Apr 18, 2011, 08:19 AM »
Thanks Snagger, were out of footage, we need to shoot more for the next one ;)
I will be glad to participate in this video!!!!! ;D ;D ;D--KP Jr.
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

lehigh vally

« Reply #1283 on: Apr 18, 2011, 08:38 AM »
I will be glad to participate in this video!!!!! ;D ;D ;D--KP Jr.

Next time i come up hang out with us where ever were fishing ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #1284 on: Apr 18, 2011, 08:47 AM »
Next time i come up hang out with us where ever were fishing ;D
Give us the headsup Rob when you head this way again, and I'll have Jr. there!! Thanks ;)--KP

On another note...If anyone lost eyeglasses along the river down from the Trestle Pool, or, know of anybody that did, PM me, and, I'll make sure the owner gets them back!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #1285 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:28 AM »
hey shane   sent u a pm,  did u get  let me know  calling kp right now   RICK
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #1286 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:32 AM »
clean out your answering machine   call me if u can  RICKSHANE
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1287 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Hey man, I was up there this past weekend.........not the best timing or conditions but we made the best of it. I had one stretch of the Altmar section just below the bridge late on Friday to drift by myself for about an hour.........200 ft. LOL   No takers though the river was high and raging. We watched someone in the LFZ that had, we presume, a big brown on. He had the fish on for at least 30 min. and still hadn't landed it so we split out back to Trout brook or Orwell, I forget which one. At least those were fishable. I put away the CP for the rest of the weekend and used the fly rod while Mark used my noodle rod. He got his first steelie yesterday outta Trout brook before we left to come home. He was eager and excited and made a beeline to a hole that he caught some small ones in the day before.

Gillripper may come up in a couple weeks.....I might join him......we'll see. James got that fish in Jordan Creek, PA

I saw that truck there twice when I was checking creeks... :D

RIVERS DROPPING RIGHT NOW..... headed to 1800cfs in the next hour..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #1288 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:58 AM »
Of course it is!! :-(
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #1289 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Of course it is!! :-(

1800 is still high, unless you run a driftboat..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.