FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084084 times)

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1335 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:14 AM »
This keeps up we will be yelling bingo on your lawn

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #1336 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:20 AM »
You get ahold of anyone from brookfield yet snag?

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1337 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:45 AM »
You get ahold of anyone from brookfield yet snag?

nope, water standing on the ground 6 inches deep everywhere you look...not good.

Just had a big round of hail....            1.7 inches so far.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #1338 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:55 AM »
Wow just keeps coming

bcons

« Reply #1339 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:03 AM »
Geez, Good luck staying dry Snagger.  What's up with Brookfield? Still at 1800? 2+"s here in Mexico, another 1/2 coming today only one dry day friday, then another front Sat?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the ground hasn't been dry in well over a week here, so the hill I'm sure is worse.  I have 2 jobs waiting on some at least semi-dry soil. 1 I'm gonna have to force tomm.  Backfilling a foundation and regrading with a bobcat, when it's this wet it's often like trying to spread cold peanut butter with a fork on soft bread.  When so many people make their living based on weather, precip, & soil conditions can figure out how to get the job done, you'd figure "scientists" should also be able to figure it out.   
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

kowboy

« Reply #1340 on: Apr 20, 2011, 07:15 AM »
It figures high water and was coming up tomarrow after i got out of work. Snagger good thing u got some backup gear as it looks like now it will b saturday will b the next shot at comingup. Tell Chris ill give him acall today, but wont b up till maybe saturday if the water isnt high. First 16hr shift done 4hrs of sleep then backup for another 16 Kowboys off to get some shut eye. Congrats guys on the bonanza

fenwick2010

« Reply #1341 on: Apr 20, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Here are the piccs from yesterday ... Tomorrow I am going to go with a 6 lb leader vs a 5lb. Those fish were rocketing across , up and down river like bullets !!! Need to bulk up the gear a bit to land them horses ! Enjoy and I hope tomorrow will be under 2500 CFS . Im only fishing a few ft off of the shore  so it doesnt matter how much water is roaring down the river as long as Im fishing the head of the pools .

KingPerch

« Reply #1342 on: Apr 20, 2011, 02:39 PM »
Not word from SNAGGER since this morning ??? I called him this morning to check up on him and still haven't heard a word from him. I hope all is well!!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #1343 on: Apr 20, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Not word from SNAGGER since this morning ??? I called him this morning to check up on him and still haven't heard a word from him. I hope all is well!!!--KP 8)

All good just busy.... no word on the water yet , they will wait and try to ruin my weekend... I don't go down easy though... What's happening KP?... Creeks are flooding good in the area, but not out of the ordinary, so looks like the ground could handle it a little better than a couple weeks ago..

Nice Job Fenwick!!!    :thumbup_smilie:     I almost stopped there yesterday for an hour!!!

Orwell Creek

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #1344 on: Apr 20, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Nice Flow!!! ;)

SNAGGER

« Reply #1345 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:03 PM »

Fish Creek is now at it's highest level this year, it drains off of Tug Hill parallel to the Salmon River..

Must be they had room from the prior release.   hmmmmmmm....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #1346 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:22 PM »
       All good just busy.... no word on the water yet , they will wait and try to ruin my weekend... I don't go down easy though... What's happening KP?... Creeks are flooding good in the area, but not out of the ordinary, so looks like the ground could handle it a little better than a couple weeks ago..

Nice Job Fenwick!!!    :thumbup_smilie:     I almost stopped there yesterday for an hour!!!

Orwell Creek

Not too much...just wondering if we should bring the rods to your frontyard!! ;D Sounds like you'll be OK!! ;) Give a holler if you get in trouble!! ;) Fish creek must be ripping today! :o--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fenwick2010

« Reply #1347 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:56 PM »
well if your out and in the area tomorrow , stop by and say hi !!! I need a lesson on egg curing ayways . Ive been taking them out of the fish and draining but not rinsing , then coating the eggs with borax to make them powdery . The fish like them but i dont know how long they will last in the fridge . I want them to get hard and rubbery and not mush and wrinkled . Any suggestions ?

duffy

« Reply #1348 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Want to thank Shane and Chris for the hospitality and last nights light show,lol, thanks again.

SNAGGER

« Reply #1349 on: Apr 20, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Want to thank Shane and Chris for the hospitality and last nights light show,lol, thanks again.

Good to meet you man... there leaving it at 1800...Wow!!  Guess that 4200  over the weekend had nothing to do with rain ... they were just draining it down for some reason....good luck on our part this week I guess  .....  I'll take it!!! 8)

Fished for an hour across the street just before dark at the Wires and school, one little brown, some fallfish and a quick hook up, that's it...Had guests that did pretty decent today at another spot, but said they worked all day for them...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.