FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084174 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1425 on: Apr 24, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Great job LV!! Nice moving water picture!!!! Adam thanks for the Truckload of lake fish!!! All cleaned up and frozen!! Thank again!!

you could of just took the cooler

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1426 on: Apr 24, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Good job kowboy!!!  Glad to hear u were smashin em...  Most of the fish i hooked this eve were nice size fish to.  BINGO!!!!
Nice job findin em

esox v

« Reply #1427 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:18 PM »
 Hey snag... I got one of your custom beads and hooks back for you today !! ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1428 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:29 PM »
Hey snag... I got one of your custom beads and hooks back for you today !! ;D ;D

REALLY?

I'm very careful not to loose them, ooooh that's my new one I created in March...it's a winner man  .. been beating my old 2 hands down all Month!!! 8)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1429 on: Apr 24, 2011, 10:37 PM »

Loose too many fish to these rocks Esox!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

floatfisher

« Reply #1430 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:14 AM »
fished with scg yesterday, we spent most of the day fishing, we didnt light the world on fire but we did some pretty good numbers, i went 7 or 8 for a bunch and frankie did about the same or close to it. took all day to get big numbers but it was a nice steady pick all day
whats the point, its too hard to keep count lol if you wanna know, just ask.

cNr1day

« Reply #1431 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:29 AM »
fished with scg yesterday, we spent most of the day fishing, we didnt light the world on fire but we did some pretty good numbers, i went 7 or 8 for a bunch and frankie did about the same or close to it. took all day to get big numbers but it was a nice steady pick all day
Snagger.

Post your pics!

cNr1day

« Reply #1432 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:30 AM »
Flood watch (again). It's rained the past 10 days. Possibly 1-2" tonight north of 'Cuse
http://www.9wsyr.com/weather/alertdetail.aspx?DetailID=1148608

SNAGGER

« Reply #1433 on: Apr 25, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Flood watch (again). It's rained the past 10 days. Possibly 1-2" tonight north of 'Cuse
http://www.9wsyr.com/weather/alertdetail.aspx?DetailID=1148608

Wonderful, well the season is just about over anyway...great DB season, kind of a drag for me...we worked hard this spring to get our numbers, I'll say that.

Heard Syracuse is on track for it's rainiest April ever..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #1434 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:04 AM »
 Wonderful, well the season is just about over anyway...great DB season, kind of a drag for me...we worked hard this spring to get our numbers, I'll say that.

Heard Syracuse is on track for it's rainiest April ever..
yes we had to work for our numbers but it was and is the funest time, when you find them. Now that the Oswego County is under a flood watch Oh Boy... :'( might have been my last weekend...
Snag, HT did a look back in his records. Last May 7th is when we're hit the droppies with you.. Looks like we'll walleye fishing if the River and the lake is open for boat traffic on the 7th this year..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1435 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:11 AM »
yes we had to work for our numbers but it was and is the funest time, when you find them. Now that the Oswego County is under a flood watch Oh Boy... :'( might have been my last weekend...
Snag, HT did a look back in his records. Last May 7th is when we're hit the droppies with you.. Looks like we'll walleye fishing if the River and the lake is open for boat traffic on the 7th this year..

I think my last day on the River last year was May 20th....but this bead thing was new to me then , and anything new to me I beat to death, I'm ready for walleyes this year, Got 2 rods being built right now for eyes... but I'll try to time a couple more bonanza's before they all drop back to the Lake.. Wonder if any Atlantic's will show up if we get bigger water?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

kowboy

« Reply #1436 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Great fish guys pics are awesome. Deadeyez did u get those pics at snaggs. I was getting them yesterday as far to the other side as i could throw and then id work my way back closer. Snagger forgot to tell u i caught acouple of those by using that trick u showed me when u get afew more feet from you drift. I hope the end isnt near as of friday im off till the 8th of may, but after the day i had yesterday im satisfied completely. Grilled fish for me this afternoon. your right BINGO

SNAGGER

« Reply #1437 on: Apr 25, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Couple more Lehigh Valley shots..

plus another pic of the kids...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #1438 on: Apr 25, 2011, 12:16 PM »

Going Up!!!!

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON APR 25, 2011 AT 12:42:13 - EXPIRES APR 26 NOON

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Flows are being increased due to current weather conditions and reservoir elevations.

Until 9:00 PM today, 1,500 CFS
From 9:00 PM today until NOON tomorrow, Tue, 1,800 CFS

Special Warning! Due to heavy rain, flows might change drastically from this forecast and flooding might occur at any time. Special operations might be required and significant runoff can occur from uncontrolled parts of the watershed. Please follow other local warnings. Be especially alert and use extreme caution near the river.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

kowboy

« Reply #1439 on: Apr 25, 2011, 01:09 PM »
A guy i met yesterday said that when they get ready to open the gates at the hatchery they flood the river so the fish have an easier way to the lake is this true?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.