FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084305 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1470 on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:17 PM »
how much room you got in the res. we got clobbered here in rome i got some pic's of a chic in a kayak goin down the street :unsure:

I saw that Picture on the weather channel, heard there was a tornado on the ground near fort stantwicks... I can here the next round coming ...Tug hill got hit good..Dave said the waters over the rubber bumbers already at the canal in Sylvan "Killler"....

Rt. 81 in Syracuse..

Here comes round 3

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

wiredstone

« Reply #1471 on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:38 PM »
We got lucky down here. Missed us so far. Better check the res. tommorrow Snagger.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #1472 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:14 PM »
We got lucky down here. Missed us so far. Better check the res. tommorrow Snagger.

Man..Round 3 had some spectcular lightning..winds and brief hail..I can hear round 4 building!!!!

Wonder what Fish Creek's gauge will read tomorrow morning?

Tryed to take a storm picture LV, but was getting to dark for auto ...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #1473 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:24 PM »
can't believe this flowcast is gonna hold...water must be ripping into the res. right now!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #1474 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I hope the River don't get to bad.. My Friend Chris has his buddy come over from Montana to fish the River Sat or Sun.. ;D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1475 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:43 PM »
can't believe this flowcast is gonna hold...water must be ripping into the res. right now!
                  Another spectacular lightning show just ended, poured again....

I agree... bet it goes back to 1800 through Friday, that's just from todays rain considering they dumped 3300 last night ... We still got that stuff that destroyed the midwest today to come through tomorrow and Thursday....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #1476 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:54 PM »
  You can zoom right in on Redfield area with this radar..  just move the cross hairs and use the zoom bar

http://preview.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/13302

Another Tornado Warning!!!!

TORNADO WARNING
Otsego, NY
Issued at 9:41 PM Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Expires at 10:30 PM Tuesday, April 26, 2011
All Areas Affected: Otsego, NY
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  SOUTHERN OTSEGO COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW YORK...

* UNTIL 1030 PM EDT.

* AT 934 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
  SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR
  GILBERTSVILLE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.

* THE STORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
  LAURENS...ONEONTA AND EMMONS BY 945 PM EDT...
  COLLIERSVILLE AND COOPERSTOWN JCT BY 950 PM EDT...
  MILFORD...MARYLAND AND 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HARTWICK BY 955 PM
  EDT...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

bcons

« Reply #1477 on: Apr 27, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Wow all this & brookfield is dropping tonight?  ??? 
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

kowboy

« Reply #1478 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:06 AM »
got home this morning in RS and the house was still here, lol had friends of mine say that it hit farther south of me in Otsego county. Thanks for the info on the taking pics, they are some spectacular pics. KP will b off as of friday till the 8th of may. Plan on hunting the thunder chickens and fishing as well.

SNAGGER

« Reply #1479 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:20 AM »
Wow all this & brookfield is dropping tonight?  ??? 

Well I bet it stays at 15-1800cfs a bit longer now, they did dump about 12 hours of 3300cfs ahead of this storm to make room because a flood watch was issued Monday... Just looked at the gauge for Fish creek, didn't get as high as I thought it might, still raging though..  
        This River has been above 750cfs since March 3rd, half those days above 1500cfs and 3 times over 3,000.. probably the most consectutive days of high water since they started regulating water in 1990, I can't  remember 93's charts, this might not be bigger water, but much longer I'm sure.... We ended up with 1.8 inches of rain yesterday total...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #1480 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:27 AM »
got home this morning in RS and the house was still here, lol had friends of mine say that it hit farther south of me in Otsego county. Thanks for the info on the taking pics, they are some spectacular pics. KP will b off as of friday till the 8th of may. Plan on hunting the thunder chickens and fishing as well.
I'm taking advantage of the bad weather and going fishing...... END OF STORY!! ;)  Thunder Chickens???.........YES!!! ;D--KP 8)  Thanks for all the reports on water, weather and fishing on the Salmon River over the last 2 years Shane...Fellow fisherman, Jr. and I have learned alot of info from you about that river!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #1481 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:32 AM »
I'm taking advantage of the bad weather and going fishing...... END OF STORY!! ;)  Thunder Chickens???.........YES!!! ;D--KP 8)  Thanks for all the reports on water, weather and fishing on the Salmon River over the last 2 years Shane...Fellow fisherman, Jr. and I have learned alot of info from you about that river!! ;)

I can't wait for the River to go back to 500 to wrestle with some big Atlantic's, but that's still a little ways out yet... maybe by next Monday if these monsoons ever end!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #1482 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:39 AM »
      I can't wait for the River to go back to 500 to wrestle with some big Atlantic's, but that's still a little ways out yet... maybe by next Monday if these monsoons ever end!!
Are the Atlantics already in the river? or, with the high water, will they come up from the lake?? That would be fun!! I hear it's supposed to rain next week as well... >:( I hope that person is wrong! ;)--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

kowboy

« Reply #1483 on: Apr 27, 2011, 11:49 AM »
ATLANTICS, oh boy i cant wait to hear what that is all about. Does that mean theres more sr fishing after this?

SWAMPGOOSE

« Reply #1484 on: Apr 27, 2011, 12:53 PM »
why do the atlantics go upstream this time of year?
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.