FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084215 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1485 on: Apr 27, 2011, 01:15 PM »
      I can't wait for the River to go back to 500 to wrestle with some big Atlantic's, but that's still a little ways out yet... maybe by next Monday if these monsoons ever end!!
Thats it !! Im selling my house and living out of my truck !! Work is over rated anyway !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

fishbear

« Reply #1486 on: Apr 27, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Thats it !! Im selling my house and living out of my truck !! Work is over rated anyway !!
And its easier to move our trucks and cars than our houses and camps to keep them from getting flooded.
"My God, its full of Fish!"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1487 on: Apr 27, 2011, 01:50 PM »

Oswego County just got included in the state wide flood watch and I talked to Brookfield, they got 1.6 feet of room left.  River will be headed up tonight!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #1488 on: Apr 27, 2011, 02:54 PM »
ATLANTICS, oh boy i cant wait to hear what that is all about. Does that mean theres more sr fishing after this?
All I can say is.......20#(+) :flex: :flex: salmon on a noodle rod!!!! :flex: :flex: Better eat your WHEATIES Kowboy!! LOL!! There still may be some more fishing left on the SR!!  ;)--KP I'm kinda looking forward to this as well!

MUDSHARKS!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #1489 on: Apr 27, 2011, 03:06 PM »

Heres something very rare around here... A Tornado Watch has been issued for western and central New York..

TORNADO WATCH
Cayuga, NY
Issued at 3:12 PM Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Updated 3:35 PM Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Expires at 10:00 PM Wednesday, April 27, 2011
All Areas Affected: Garrett, MD | Allegany, NY | Cattaraugus, NY | Cayuga, NY | Chautauqua, NY | Chemung, NY | Erie, NY | Genesee, NY | Livingston, NY | Monroe, NY | Niagara, NY | Ontario, NY | Orleans, NY | Schuyler, NY | Seneca, NY | Steuben, NY | Tioga, NY | Tompkins, NY | Wayne, NY | Wyoming, NY | Yates, NY | Adams, PA | Allegheny, PA | Armstrong, PA | Beaver, PA | Bedford, PA | Blair, PA | Bradford, PA | Butler, PA | Cambria, PA | Cameron, PA | Centre, PA | Clarion, PA | Clearfield, PA | Clinton, PA | Columbia, PA | Cumberland, PA | Dauphin, PA | Elk, PA | Fayette, PA | Forest, PA | Franklin, PA | Fulton, PA | Greene, PA | Huntingdon, PA | Indiana, PA | Jefferson, PA | Juniata, PA | Lancaster, PA | Lawrence, PA | Lebanon, PA | Lycoming, PA | McKean, PA | Mercer, PA | Mifflin, PA | Montour, PA | Northumberland, PA | Perry, PA | Potter, PA | Schuylkill, PA | Snyder, PA | Somerset, PA | Sullivan, PA | Tioga, PA | Union, PA | Venango, PA | Warren, PA | Washington, PA | Westmoreland, PA | York, PA | Marion, WV | Monongalia, WV | Preston, WV | Tucker, WV
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #1490 on: Apr 27, 2011, 03:18 PM »
This weather keeps up Shane...i'm gonna fill out a job application at A.O.L.!! I have rakes and shovels... This next storm doesn't look good!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

griz104

« Reply #1491 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Don't know if anyone is interested or not but here is the Web site for VA's Shad Cam.. I love to watch it and see all kinds of fish going thru..Seems to be a lot of Paddlefish tonight for some reason...

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/shadcam/

esox v

« Reply #1492 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Don't know if anyone is interested or not but here is the Web site for VA's Shad Cam.. I love to watch it and see all kinds of fish going thru..Seems to be a lot of Paddlefish tonight for some reason...

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/shadcam/

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #1493 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:16 PM »
And its easier to move our trucks and cars than our houses and camps to keep them from getting flooded.
Yea.... Tell me about it !! The river comes up another foot and I'm sleeping with one eye open... you guys above the ditch got it worse than me... the camps on the west shore got to be close to being wet !! docks a foot from going under and than never happens.... All it takes is Cayuga or Seneca lake to get pounded....
 On a brighter note.... Looks like the walleye spot around the corner from you is going to hold fish a long time this year !!

Thunder has started here.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

SNAGGER

« Reply #1494 on: Apr 27, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Yea.... Tell me about it !! The river comes up another foot and I'm sleeping with one eye open... you guys above the ditch got it worse than me... the camps on the west shore got to be close to being wet !! docks a foot from going under and than never happens.... All it takes is Cayuga or Seneca lake to get pounded....
 On a brighter note.... Looks like the walleye spot around the corner from you is going to hold fish a long time this year !!

Thunder has started here.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Just called Brookfield to tell them we just received another inch of rain...more coming.  River Could get Ugly....

Hey Esox the Oswego River is at 25,600cfs and rising 1000cfs per day...another 8,000cfs to go to match the Big 1993 flood.. Oneida Lake and Cayuga Lake are headed for flooding... I was driving for UPS in 93, had to wear waders to do my route....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1495 on: Apr 27, 2011, 09:54 PM »
Bingo!!! We r gonna have to raise your house up on stilts snag! This weather is crazy man! Empty your inbox homie!
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

« Reply #1496 on: Apr 27, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Bingo!!! We r gonna have to raise your house up on stilts snag! This weather is crazy man! Empty your inbox homie!

She'll be alright... Rivers already up, hopefully they notch it up soon to stay ahead of it....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

esox v

« Reply #1497 on: Apr 28, 2011, 08:22 AM »
  Just called Brookfield to tell them we just received another inch of rain...more coming.  River Could get Ugly....

Hey Esox the Oswego River is at 25,600cfs and rising 1000cfs per day...another 8,000cfs to go to match the Big 1993 flood.. Oneida Lake and Cayuga Lake are headed for flooding... I was driving for UPS in 93, had to wear waders to do my route....
Yea... I was here in 93.. it's getting close... My house is up high so I've got a ways to go ... but Im out on a point that the current plows into..so I got to worry about trees and docks..Big stuff should start coming down soon. waters come up 3 " since I woke up 16" more its at my foundation.

SNAGGER

« Reply #1498 on: Apr 28, 2011, 02:29 PM »

Waters just starting to creep across the Altmar parking lot in the last 30 minutes, She's high , but not bad considering the massive flooding occurring every where else around us...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SWAMPGOOSE

« Reply #1499 on: Apr 28, 2011, 04:23 PM »
still want to know what would make an atlantic move up stream this time of year?
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.