FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084346 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1710 on: May 24, 2011, 07:07 PM »
I am with esoxv, where is the proof!! On both rivers I have never seen anybody keeping 4 or 5 Browns.. Even in the Creeks Nothing.. Most people go by the Rules From what I see. LOTAC and the other Groups out there want it there way and that's it.. Wait, Just wait... One fish limits one Trout.. HA... Last fall Snagger and I must have caught 15 11 inch Steelies and all the rest where 2-7lbs.. Nothing like back in the day of a 10 pounder being a small fish...lol.. Hell a 10 pounder is a slob now. We'll have a great run of trout in a few years before it crashes of Finger lake sized sublegal Trout runing the River.
In a perfect world a Two fish Steelie limit would be nice and keep the Browns at three (in Any Combo) and a five fish Salmon limit in the river.. The River won't stink so much!!!!
It's funny that it's only in the Tribs.. What about lake limits? Why don't the lake fishermen get slapped? You get 6 guys in one boat X 3 make 18 X 7 make 126 a week.... X that by 6 weeks for Browns makes 756 fish per Capt if they are on fish. But thats ok..... my 2 cents!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1711 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52 PM »
fly fishing for steel is a challenge as is, even with the increase in the number of fish. I dedicated the winter before this past to strictly swinging flies and sure I caught fish but there would be days and maybe even a week where I would go without even a grab.

I could have went to the LFZ put on a few split shot and ripped a leader through a bucket of fish but that's not fly fishing in my opinion. But to some I suppose it is...it's really a strange thing.

Decreasing the creel limit just keeps the bucket more full for a longer period of time, until the fish dies from being caught a half dozen times every day for a few days straight, and floats down river where I get to view the last few gasping gulps.  

Keep your head up, all those dead fish are good food for the one's that make it ;)

You said it all right there Erney. Spey has become so popular in the last 6 or 7 years .. yet it is so ineffective at getting steelhead 90% of the time. These guys want a chuck full River of cookie cutters to increase there odds, whether it's sound fisheries or not. These tribs are not the beaver kill or the Delaware and never will be. These guys look down on everybody around them , I've never met such rude and negative people..negativity spreads negativity....this river and other tribs used to be so much fun, now they are clicky and everyone is a fisheries biologist...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

monic20

« Reply #1712 on: May 24, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Your giving us way to much juice....I wish lotac had this much power in our time together ...but you can keep talking and assuming things go right ahead....I'll keep putting in my time blood and sweat to the river I love so much while you keep taking and taking...you no why I'm going here cause I don't see anyone else stepping up and doing the things were doing....

esox v

« Reply #1713 on: May 24, 2011, 08:51 PM »
 I never realized the river was in such Dire straights... :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

neilc

« Reply #1714 on: May 24, 2011, 09:06 PM »
not exactly sure what monic is up to,
or what dirt storm he just stirred up,
look out ! !
gonna get interesting, fast

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #1715 on: May 24, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Your giving us way to much juice....I wish lotac had this much power in our time together ...but you can keep talking and assuming things go right ahead....I'll keep putting in my time blood and sweat to the river I love so much while you keep taking and taking...you no why I'm going here cause I don't see anyone ehlse stepping up and doing the things were doing....

Taking and taking?  Its boring now. Catching 15 steelies in a day and none over 8 lbs. Not fun. How long have u fished the river? Back in the early 90' s if u hooked one in feb u had a good day. As far as browns seriously. The lake is stupid full of them. Frank how browns have I given you this spring on like 5 trips. Did you see the vid of reelsilver?  8 rods all firing at once? Its put and take just like the kings now we pay for the stockings why can't we take them. There is no natural reproduction of browns in the salmon river and never has there been. To be honest I don't think there is for any fish this yr. Cause guess what when the water goes up the reeds and eggs go down river with everything else it the water path

neilc

« Reply #1716 on: May 24, 2011, 09:15 PM »
fished the river a couple times the past year,
strung up my limit some days, let em go others, all legal,
saw my share of floaters come down too,
not sure if it was the pictures in the floaty boats,
or the repeated C&R elsewise,

monic20

« Reply #1717 on: May 24, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Taking and taking?  Its boring now. Catching 15 steelies in a day and none over 8 lbs. Not fun. How long have u fished the river? Back in the early 90' s if u hooked one in feb u had a good day. As far as browns seriously. The lake is stupid full of them. Frank how browns have I given you this spring on like 5 trips. Did you see the vid of reelsilver?  8 rods all firing at once? Its put and take just like the kings now we pay for the stockings why can't we take them. There is no natural reproduction of browns in the salmon river and never has there been. To be honest I don't think there is for any fish this yr. Cause guess what when the water goes up the reeds and eggs go down river with everything else it the water path
No natural repo huh you better hit the surveys and reports a little...there's more natural repo now then ever before!!!!

neilc

« Reply #1718 on: May 24, 2011, 09:19 PM »
and the ones I let go,
they swam away strong,

bcons

« Reply #1719 on: May 24, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Your giving us way to much juice....I wish lotac had this much power in our time together ...but you can keep talking and assuming things go right ahead....I'll keep putting in my time blood and sweat to the river I love so much while you keep taking and taking...you no why I'm going here cause I don't see anyone else stepping up and doing the things were doing....

The river you love?  Maybe if you learned to fish it instead of love it you'd notice there's plenty of fish.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

adam2000

« Reply #1720 on: May 24, 2011, 09:20 PM »
No natural repo huh you better hit the surveys and reports a little...there's more natural repo now then ever before!!!!

Yeah stick the surveys.  That high water washed every reed in ellis cove down to the port buddy

bcons

« Reply #1721 on: May 24, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love the river, but when I can go for a couple hours and bang a few to a dozen trout, thats good.  What do you expect everyday a 100 hookup day?  If you're not catching fish it's because you SU%$, not because there's not enough.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

adam2000

« Reply #1722 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25 PM »
And there is more now cause they stock a million steelhead so more fish enter the river. But natrual reproduction has nothing to do with the numbers being up

adam2000

« Reply #1723 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love the river, but when I can go for a couple hours and bang a few to a dozen trout, thats good.  What do you expect everyday a 100 hookup day?  If you're not catching fish it's because you SU%$, not because there's not enough.

Lmfao

neilc

« Reply #1724 on: May 24, 2011, 09:26 PM »
and the ones I let go,
they swam away strong,

but we do take em,
and I do eat em,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.