FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084185 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1740 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02 PM »
We should ditch those greasers. Like reeling in a drift sock

bcons

« Reply #1741 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Learn how to fish that's a good one....I've been fishing that river my whole life...I never said there's not plenty of fish and I also am gonna say I would put on a clinic around you with my cp you would just keep hearing baaaaaboooom!!!!!!
I hear Mary Kay & Avon do Some nice clinics Home Parties too, do you make home visits?
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1742 on: May 24, 2011, 10:04 PM »

The one thing I've noticed this time around, is that everyone who makes there living off these fish are against it... back when the steelhead limits were considered  many of us wanted a 2 fish compromise, we were denied...god bless america...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

monic20

« Reply #1743 on: May 24, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Would that be from you're head exploding?  

No my float going under while I'm hero drifting all day long right in front of you

adam2000

« Reply #1744 on: May 24, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Baaaaboooom?  Hear alot of noises on the river. But baaaboom is something I never heard there. Maybe afghanistan but not the salmon river. Now ziiinnnggg would of been better

fenwick2010

« Reply #1745 on: May 24, 2011, 10:07 PM »
I just realized that the people talking and ranting about making theese changes in The Salmon river In  " NEW YORK " Are Mostly from OTHER STATES !!! How and why  would they listen to people that live in other states ??? And I was thinking the same thing .... The more steelhead stocked , and the cutting of the limit will kill off the forage base for these fish to produce decent sizes. Thats why the fish cant sustain a normal growth rate compared to the 80's and early 90's. More fish , the more they eat and so on . I would think the people of new york would have the first say in the limits and suggestions on what is good for the fishery .

adam2000

« Reply #1746 on: May 24, 2011, 10:08 PM »
No my float going under while I'm hero drifting all day long right in front of you
just so you know bcons is about to put I clinic on you with words

bcons

« Reply #1747 on: May 24, 2011, 10:08 PM »

Your float makes noise?  Wow I gotta get me one of those, best I've got is a lighted bobber for crappie, ya got me beat there for sure.  Hero drifting?  I guess I gotta learn that one too.  Man I must be missing alot.  ::)
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

fenwick2010

« Reply #1748 on: May 24, 2011, 10:10 PM »
ive expended enough energy on this topic  ;D Now I can pull up a chair and relax  :D

esox v

« Reply #1749 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11 PM »
  With the Atlantic's all of a sudden becoming successful for some unknown reason
 GOBIES !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

« Reply #1750 on: May 24, 2011, 10:12 PM »
ive expended enough energy on this topic  ;D Now I can pull up a chair and relax  :D

Yup

esox v

« Reply #1751 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Yea... these can turn into a stupid fest real fast... Like lightning fast if bcons is involved... ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

monic20

« Reply #1752 on: May 24, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I fished  that river all winter for 3 months straight and I clearly see nothing wrong with the steel ... Yea there's a lot of smaller fish around now but that comes with a bigger pop...just like every other species..but this has to do with the browns they obviously see something wrong with the return in them...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1753 on: May 24, 2011, 10:14 PM »
I just realized that the people talking and ranting about making theese changes in The Salmon river In  " NEW YORK " Are Mostly from OTHER STATES !!! How and why  would they listen to people that live in other states ??? And I was thinking the same thing .... The more steelhead stocked , and the cutting of the limit will kill off the forage base for these fish to produce decent sizes. Thats why the fish cant sustain a normal growth rate compared to the 80's and early 90's. More fish , the more they eat and so on . I would think the people of new york would have the first say in the limits and suggestions on what is good for the fishery .

One of the main reasons why we had such problems with Steelhead in the late 90's was we had a record biomass of adult Lake trout, right now due to hatchery problems out west and them having problems spawning due to zebbra and quagga muscles clogging up there spawning grounds, they are at record low levels. They did studies at Cornell university about the corilation between lake trout populations and the resulting affects on surrounding trout and salmon populations. When one was up, the others were down.. We would be in huge trouble if they ever got healthy again, now that the muscles have gobled up all the zooplancton.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bcons

« Reply #1754 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15 PM »
just so you know bcons is about to put I clinic on you with words
Nah I'm tired need some sleep & sparring with this guy I'd feel like Adam Vinatieri in an az kicking contest with a 1 legged man.  These "purists" really crack me up though......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.