FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084102 times)

draketrutta

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1830 on: May 25, 2011, 09:07 PM »
wasnt a attack on you drake, just meant fly fishing only should mean real fly fishing like they do out west, not lifting the the pool next to the da la and thinking your above everyone else.  personally i have no problem with fly guys. just hate when they wanna drift 40 ft down river when its shoudler to shoudler. also like snag and everyone else has said those dudes arent friendly.  i love salmon season when you get 5-6 hookups in a hole and its pure chaos, i think its fun. some guys take it way to serious , freak out if they lose a fish

i didn't think your comment was against me using running line,

I made my comments about it to show the UTTER LUNACY of some of the regs (to once again satisfy special interests over the majority).
If I was a hack snagger with $20 running line, I sure as heck could be a hack snagger with super-duper sinking line for $89.99, or better yet that $100 sharkskin snake-oil line (sorry if any of you bought into that - but P.T Barnum was right ;D).

I'll ask the DEC - What's next?
Must I wade in $600 Simms waders and "Lay it Down"  with a $700 Winston stick to be allowed in the Fly Zones?

IMO - some laws are so stupid they are beyond stupid, and I turn into a Scofflaw..

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

draketrutta

« Reply #1831 on: May 25, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Fenwick - thanks for detailed description..

That quite a demented technique you devised to fool a feesh - I LIKE IT !!! ;D

I gotta get back to my roots and target Carp in the Susquehanna. Some of them river monsters have scales the size of roofing shingles and run like a Steelhead mounted with an outboard..

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1832 on: May 25, 2011, 09:20 PM »

Heres my fly rod drake...oooops no fly line on it , just mono    The old Oswego egg hunt days..circa 93" ;D

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

draketrutta

« Reply #1833 on: May 25, 2011, 09:21 PM »
                       Heres a couple older Pic's of my Carp days...

My best guess is that the 2nd pic was taken back in your drinkin days, and you took that fish along with you to show the folks at da bar.

You look like a proud daddy with your first born.. LMAO

draketrutta

« Reply #1834 on: May 25, 2011, 09:23 PM »

Heres my fly rod drake...oooops no fly line on it , just mono    The old Oswego egg hunt days.. ;D

I use running line,,

you used "Olympic Runner" line ... ;D

SNAGGER

« Reply #1835 on: May 25, 2011, 09:26 PM »
I use running line,,

you used "Olympic Runner" line ... ;D

'GOOD TIMES".......Back when it was fun!!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:  

We used to take the whole Lodge over and fish as a group, back then Nobody fished in November.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #1836 on: May 25, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Hey Fenwick... Get them skills tuned up.. I'm fishing the Wildcarp week tourney in Baldwinsville next year.. i already have a sponser to cover the 600.00 entry fee.. I'll be looking for a partner !!  I think there may be a fall shoot out this year.
 check out some of the links on this page..
http://www.wildcarpcompanies.com/wild-carp-companies-for-anglers/carp-links.html
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1837 on: May 25, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Hey Fenwick... Get them skills tuned up.. I'm fishing the Wildcarp week tourney in Baldwinsville next year.. i already have a sponser to cover the 600.00 entry fee.. I'll be looking for a partner !!  I think there may be a fall shoot out this year.
http://www.wildcarpcompanies.com/wild-carp-companies-for-anglers/carp-links.html
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Plastics are Fantastic !

SNAGGER

« Reply #1838 on: May 25, 2011, 10:06 PM »

The "Great" Gamma is lurking... :nono:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #1839 on: May 25, 2011, 10:21 PM »
http://www.wildcarpcompanies.com/wild-carp-companies-

for-anglers/carp-links.html

Thought they changed it? Wild carp week is diffrent then the previous yrs. No english this yr I guess. Also no peg either

esox v

« Reply #1840 on: May 25, 2011, 10:33 PM »

The "Great" Gamma is lurking... :nono:
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #1841 on: May 26, 2011, 12:45 AM »
I agree 100 % Or If You have a predetermined outcome... Make the figures match the end result rather than the other way around.. That's why none of this makes sense.  :cookoo: :cookoo:
 I personally feel that we are being lied to.... and that the end result will be catch and release only in the tributaries or a STAMP type fishery.. There is a clear progression here... The lake limits still remain high and If this goes through we will already be at the lowest possible daily limit for trout possible...
  Tributary anglers are being hit from a double front you have the Charter captains and lake fisherman... Just look at how   Gambel feels about tributary fisherman. ( I edited some full sentences you can go back and look at the post)  
"The 1 brown limit will help the lake fishery."

"Gotta have something for them to catch to keep the business going. On the other hand,the Oak, Sandy Creek (hamlin) and Bert get raped every fall and then the following spring / summer are horrible fishing in the lake ".
 Now he will probably say... I'm not saying that all tributary anglers "Rape" the tributaries.. Yet... Has no problem with a regulation change that will effect   ALL the tributary anglers...

And the LOTAC type knuckle heads and we have already been through that here..
Esox V,

I fish the tribs AND the lake so this does affect me also.  I would not be against regs on the lake either.  I see the effects of lots of fish being roped in the streams.  Low water years on the smaller Western tribs, the browns are ripped out of the tribs.  Most of the brown spawing waters in Monroe and Orleans County are small streams with lots of public access.  Easy pickings for the snaggers and easy to be over harvested.  The Oak is famous for shoulder to shoulder fishermen / snaggers / lifters. 90% of the spawning grounds on the Oak are public.  A brown does not stand a chance of running the gauntlet.   
And yes not all trib fishermen rape the creek.  There are plenty of Pinners, fly fishermen, and noodle rod fishermen that respect the fishery and do not rape the creeks.  Where would the steelhead fishery be right now if the regs were not changed?  The steelhead fishery was horrible the years prior to the creel limit drop on the tribs. 

Snagger,
The East end is not having a problem with browns.  The West end last spring / summer  and the spring / summer before in the Rochester / Oak Orchard area were horrible.

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #1842 on: May 26, 2011, 01:05 AM »
OMG !! SEE guys the lake needs more fish so Fisherman and Charter captains that SUCK.. can have an equal opportunity !!

Really?  How old are you? 

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #1843 on: May 26, 2011, 04:08 AM »
so what crowd do i fall in, i have a f150 and a few carhartts, used to work construction but use a center pin?  lol

fly zone is kinda dumb in my opinion, at least the lower fly zone. me and ht went up and watched the circus after dropping some gut barrels off to snag one day. running line and a slinkie isnt fly fishing. but im a dirt bag cause i run mono on my fly reel and egg sack netting on my hook. also kinda wierd that no one  ever hooked a fish until they went to pull there line out of the water to cast back up stream. maybe im wrong, maybe that king that just ran 13 miles up river and has been hooked 8 times and has 6 flies hanging off him really did hit your egg sucking leech, yeah and im 6'5

back to the browns, the charter capts are having no trouble getting them, east they are stacked from 4 fow out to 30, if you aint getting them change your speed

haha.

griz104

« Reply #1844 on: May 26, 2011, 05:10 AM »
      Heres my fly rod drake...oooops no fly line on it , just mono    The old Oswego egg hunt days..circa 93" ;D

That was the ultimate set up back in the day! There was nothing better then a Ugly Stick Fly Rod with a Martin 72..And how i long for those days back again.. I don't care what any one says but the Internet was the beginning of the downfall of the Salmon River! Bet there aren't to many guy's around any more that remember only being able to catch one Salmon and that had to be tagged by a Warden..Or fishing for three to four days and hooking one Steelhead and thinking what a great trip it was because you caught one!! Seems now that if everyone does not catch 15-20 fish per day it was a poor day!!  But it was like Snagger said a lot better fishing back then.. I would much rather catch a 20 pound Steelie every few days then to catch dinks anyday!! It makes no difference what the Dec does or how they do it..Not everyone is going to like the out come.. But i honestly think like a lot of others they are over stocking just in order to sell more Liscense's..Gotta keep those who could not catch a fish out of a bucket happy!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.