FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084217 times)

ErnyeJSES

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1920 on: Jun 09, 2011, 11:50 AM »
Nice shot Snag,

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1921 on: Jun 09, 2011, 01:40 PM »
just be careful you don't get all wrapped up in braid, or else you will really be one with the river..

there are some NASTY snags in that river, usually with BIG NASTY RUSTED HOOKS to go with them
that there is and ive gotten one of theose in the palm before  :cursing: some of the tangles down there take 6 or more dives to get out , i cant hold my breath longer than 30 secs before surfaceing or i get hasty and start pullin when i should be cuttin and get the ole hook  ;D its a heck of a good workout in the current too witch is good for my fat unemployed keester .

lehigh vally

« Reply #1922 on: Jun 09, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Hay Snagger, we just go hit by the best storm so far this season. Small hail, heavy rain and lots of cloud to ground lightning, so much in my back yard i was only able to get three good shots before heading inside, to close for comfort  :evil:  Check um out ;D

monic20

« Reply #1923 on: Jun 09, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Sweet pics guys!!!!!!  Well anyway off to bed haven't had  much time to check out site,been union pipelining so long hours and some hot days..keep up the good pics and great posts later ....

Dontknowfish

« Reply #1924 on: Jun 09, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Hay Snagger, we just go hit by the best storm so far this season. Small hail, heavy rain and lots of cloud to ground lightning, so much in my back yard i was only able to get three good shots before heading inside, to close for comfort  :evil:  Check um out ;D

Great pics :-)
"The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American flag flies from the last breath of each Soldier, Sailor, Airman and Marine who has died protecting it. "... author unknown

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #1925 on: Jun 09, 2011, 08:09 PM »
That last picture...that lightning looks a little too close for comfort. Great pictures though.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1926 on: Jun 09, 2011, 08:20 PM »

Great shots Rob...I'm going to have a hardtime beating those ones.. I have a horrible view of storms coming, can only get sissy shots after they have gone by.. Maybe I'll take a camera on the boat.  Great shots!!!! What f stop? ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1927 on: Jun 10, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Wicked pics Shane and Rob. My condolences for your uncle Snag. Your memories that were shared with us goes a long ways my friend. Thank's for them.
Chin up when you feel the time is due pal.... we all are rooting for ya.

wiredstone

« Reply #1928 on: Jun 10, 2011, 05:18 AM »

We got hail and high winds here. :o
wooo fish on. Never mind

nightfisher

« Reply #1929 on: Jun 10, 2011, 08:32 AM »
 Nice shots Rob, that storm passed just to the east of me, too many leaves on the trees to see the show.

lehigh vally

« Reply #1930 on: Jun 11, 2011, 07:08 AM »
 Great shots Rob...I'm going to have a hardtime beating those ones.. I have a horrible view of storms coming, can only get sissy shots after they have gone by.. Maybe I'll take a camera on the boat.  Great shots!!!! What f stop? ;D

Well it was still day time so like i said, high F-stop and low ISO, i still kept the shutter on bulb but i didn't keep it open as long as we do at night. I also tried the polarize filter to knock down some of the light coming in and i think it worked OK.

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #1931 on: Jun 11, 2011, 07:41 PM »

Well it was still day time so like i said, high F-stop and low ISO, i still kept the shutter on bulb but i didn't keep it open as long as we do at night. I also tried the polarize filter to knock down some of the light coming in and i think it worked OK.
  Your a steelheader not a storm chaser.  Get you a$$ inside man.  I would like to enjoy our friendship. :o  You never cease to amaze me !!

KingPerch

« Reply #1932 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:34 PM »
Last soccer report for the spring/summer session. Jr. and Meg had to play against each other again yesterday....Meg's team scored early in the 1st quarter, while Jr. was on offense! :o meg's team held them until the 4th quarter, when Jr. decided enough was enough...scored the tying goal with a handful of minutes to go.  :) Megan's team was the underdog team coming into the season, because of age and having to move up to the next level. Well..Myself and alot of others have watched them grow over the last 3-4 weeks, and the confidence level of that young team is high. We can't wait for the fall session to see how they handle the pressure! Jr. complimented a bunch of the other players for a great game and is going to have to tell his team to step it up for the fall!! Mrs. KP and myself are very proud of each team for thier efforts this season!! Have a great summer to all!!--KP 8)

Great lightning shots from you boys!! Great stuff! :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1933 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Last soccer report for the spring/summer session. Jr. and Meg had to play against each other again yesterday....Meg's team scored early in the 1st quarter, while Jr. was on offense! :o meg's team held them until the 4th quarter, when Jr. decided enough was enough...scored the tying goal with a handful of minutes to go.  :) Megan's team was the underdog team coming into the season, because of age and having to move up to the next level. Well..Myself and alot of others have watched them grow over the last 3-4 weeks, and the confidence level of that young team is high. We can't wait for the fall session to see how they handle the pressure! Jr. complimented a bunch of the other players for a great game and is going to have to tell his team to step it up for the fall!! Mrs. KP and myself are very proud of each team for thier efforts this season!! Have a great summer to all!!--KP 8)

Great lightning shots from you boys!! Great stuff! :)
Very nice that the kids are doing well in the sports that they enjoy 8) good job :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1934 on: Jun 12, 2011, 12:58 PM »

Great soccer report KP..

Found this picture yesterday .. My uncles first decent Cayuga lake run "Bow' around 1960.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.