FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084085 times)

KingPerch

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2145 on: Jul 21, 2011, 05:37 PM »
 We aint in 2007 status yet KP.. dug through my journals and pictures....still got a ways too go..   High dew points have been helping to slow down the evaporation rates the last couple days..

Heres a picture from August 16th 2007..  about 7 feet lower in this pic...

That is unbelievably low Shane!! :o Thanks for sharing that old pic. I wonder if we will be able to do the rafting down the river this Saturday???? Stay cool bro!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2146 on: Jul 21, 2011, 06:11 PM »
That is unbelievably low Shane!! :o Thanks for sharing that old pic. I wonder if we will be able to do the rafting down the river this Saturday???? Stay cool bro!--KP 8)

Man with the heat, it will be a great weekend to tube the River . Well that lake breeze died .... it's in the mid 90's again.. I see Elmira N.Y. offically hit 103 degrees today... This was one of the hottest days in New York State history.  Did your soccer get cancelled KP?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #2147 on: Jul 21, 2011, 06:41 PM »
  Man with the heat, it will be a great weekend to tube the River . Well that lake breeze died .... it's in the mid 90's again.. I see Elmira N.Y. offically hit 103 degrees today... This was one of the hottest days in New York State history.  Did your soccer get cancelled KP?
Do they normally dump water for rafting the river or will we be rafting in what is there? The families first time rafting....I tubed it years ago! ;D We are going outta Brown's for the float! And, I think we launch from the bridge at the ninja hole. Soccer was cancelled by the Dr. who looked at Jr. last week. --KP

SNAGGER

« Reply #2148 on: Jul 21, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Do they normally dump water for rafting the river or will we be rafting in what is there? The families first time rafting....I tubed it years ago! ;D We are going outta Brown's for the float! And, I think we launch from the bridge at the ninja hole. Soccer was cancelled by the Dr. who looked at Jr. last week. --KP
 it's a pre scheduled water release...750cfs this weekend..  Browns campground?   it's pretty slow going up here... hit the Pulaski rapids too, when we were drinking and didn't want to drive far we always rafted from the upper fly parking lot to the altmar bridge, surprisingly good whitewater up there... it's a good run..ballpark to black hole is the best run...have fun boys, great weather for it...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

duffy

« Reply #2149 on: Jul 21, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Might have to try that this weekend. ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #2150 on: Jul 21, 2011, 07:05 PM »
 it's a pre scheduled water release...750cfs this weekend..  Browns campground?   it's pretty slow going up here... hit the Pulaski rapids too, when we were drinking and didn't want to drive far we always rafted from the upper fly parking lot to the altmar bridge, surprisingly good whitewater up there... it's a good run..ballpark to black hole is the best run...have fun boys, great weather for it...
That's the place we are doing the rafting through.  It's a 3 hour run....they are on Rt13.... a blessing Josh didn't have soccer this week...Too hot for that!!--KP 8)

SNAGGER

« Reply #2151 on: Jul 21, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Might have to try that this weekend. ;D

I had an old video of the Pulaski tube races they used to have every year, but I can't find it...

I saw on the news that soccer was canceled..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2152 on: Jul 21, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Camped with the Fam. at Selkirk Shores this past weekend. Made the "Falls" excursion, water was slow, but still a great sight to see.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2153 on: Jul 21, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Sunset of Ontario at Selkirk with Trever in the mix.....what a pleasent weekend. Drove by your pad Sat. Snag. didn't see your car, so we kept rolling

neilc

« Reply #2154 on: Jul 22, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Camped with the Fam. at Selkirk Shores this past weekend. Made the "Falls" excursion, water was slow, but still a great sight to see.

Are these falls down at the lake and the park ?
or up by the rezzes?
gonna take a day off from  fishin some day and see these sights,,,
plrease advise,,,,,

SNAGGER

« Reply #2155 on: Jul 22, 2011, 04:40 PM »

Just up above my house near the Res.  about 6 miles away Neil...

Nice shots FM!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

duffy

« Reply #2156 on: Jul 22, 2011, 07:41 PM »
See ya tomm. snagger

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2157 on: Jul 22, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Are these falls down at the lake and the park ?
or up by the rezzes?
gonna take a day off from  fishin some day and see these sights,,,
plrease advise,,,,,
I got a feeling Snag already has ya pointed in the right direction duff. I'm from Oswego county, and I still had a hard time finding the falls myself. First time for me and the family to make the excursion. Well worth it also. The hiking trail down to the bottom of the falls is tough, nothing I would recommend for young kids, or without proper footwear. We had to turn around about halfway down, because Trevor didn't feel comfortable, and we were also not in proper footwear.
This pic is close to halfway down the trail to the bottom, just before we turned around.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2158 on: Jul 22, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Sunset on lake Ontario 7-17-11

wiredstone

« Reply #2159 on: Jul 23, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Great pics !  :thumbup_smilie:  Looks like a great swimming hole.Never been there yet, I am waiting for my wife to come up with me.  ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.