FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084320 times)

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2190 on: Jul 28, 2011, 11:59 AM »
That video is awesome, Snag...  I'd like to get my hands on a few of those Genesee Life Jackets.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2191 on: Jul 28, 2011, 12:06 PM »

Tornado caught on tape 2 days ago near Clinton ny  about 50 miles southeast of here.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Viewers-capture-tornado-touching-down-126238423.html?video=YHI&t=a
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

P.B.R

« Reply #2192 on: Jul 28, 2011, 04:24 PM »
 That rafting video should be shown in history classes to prove to kids that you were once allowed to have a good time

KingPerch

« Reply #2193 on: Jul 28, 2011, 05:07 PM »
 Hey KP I been looking for this video since last weekend when you were tubing the river... I was googling channel nine news...it was on channel 3 ... I can't believe someone posted it on SC today... ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCRtk9Wq7vo
That was a blast from the past!!! Good Stuff Shane! Kudos to the guy who never let go of the beer keg!! :bowdown: We had a blast last weekend for sure! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KILLER!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

wiredstone

« Reply #2194 on: Jul 28, 2011, 05:27 PM »
       Back before the harborfest days, that was the highlight of my summer, what a blast those races were, then the drunkfest afterwards at the field days. We used to blow up an inner tube around a cooler of beer and tie it off to one of us for the ride down....  Lots of scrapes and bruises going through town, it was always an adventure.. I bet Freddy remembers those races... ;D   After somebody got killed ... the insurance was too much for ringgold to host them anymore.....
That looks cool. We used to have a tube race in Jersey years ago. $20.00 got you a t-shirt ,mug and all the beer you could drink. Good times ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #2195 on: Jul 28, 2011, 05:34 PM »
 Hey KP I been looking for this video since last weekend when you were tubing the river... I was googling channel nine news...it was on channel 3 ... I can't believe someone posted it on SC today... ;D

:clapping: :clapping:GOOD TIMES :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

bcons

« Reply #2196 on: Jul 29, 2011, 09:38 AM »
I fished the river yest morning for a couple hours, gotta love the peace & quiet!   US Dept of Interior was at Ellis netting fish in the fast water just below.   
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #2197 on: Jul 29, 2011, 12:18 PM »
 Hey "Killer"... I see your a year older this week...happy belated b-day bro... You ready to get some kings on dry flies? ;D
thanks shane,  i'm always ready ffor some reel screamin dry fly smashin king's  :rotflol: :w00t:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2198 on: Jul 30, 2011, 10:28 PM »

A few photo's from today....Browns continue to sucomb to the summer's warm River waters..
     Counted about 20 Skams , Atlantic's and Browns dead this week while fishing smallmouth...

An alive Atlantic around 8lbs resting in a spring area of the River

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2199 on: Jul 30, 2011, 10:38 PM »

Forgot to update yesterdays weather, although the rest of the region recieved around an inch of rain from thunderstorms , from pulaski to central Tug hill there was a gap in the rain.. We got some showers and clouds for the lawn and trees , but no runoff for the Res.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Stormy_NY

« Reply #2200 on: Jul 30, 2011, 11:07 PM »
Them fish ain't dead because of warm water ...It is them d**n Yuppie's Catching and Releasing them in the Upper Fly Zone  ;D

fishhooker

« Reply #2201 on: Jul 31, 2011, 05:27 AM »

Nice shorts fellas...lol
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

kowboy

« Reply #2202 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:40 AM »
  Hey guys havent been on in awhile, been super busy, but did get to go deep sea fishing and wanted to share some photos. This ones ablue fish i caught about 3 of these some cod and tuna

kowboy

« Reply #2203 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:43 AM »
   Captain said it was over 150pds

wiredstone

« Reply #2204 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Hope this heat wave ends soon. Our creek down here gets heated too. Been working on dams in the creek down here. The trout love the oxygen it create. Took a snorkel  and mask to check out the fish. Still some big fish . Saw one brown at least 22". That is big down here. Getting a new casting float rod next week. I can't wait until steelhead starts.Hope you guys get some rain soon.
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.