FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084089 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2445 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Remember Snagger in the late 80's 86-88 when they would raise and lower the river. late August was the ticket, two weeks before school started. Also Oswego would get a run of skamaina Steelies and kings. Not to many people here can remember those days. ;D

1987 I missed the first 2 days of high school, my van was broke down in the ball park  :w00t:...my mom was p i ssed...and yes the water was high on week days back then...man was that a fun major run....it was surprisingly crowded...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #2446 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I used to fish behind Tony's! Now I am just dating myself lol.. :D
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2447 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:17 PM »

my mistake..I graduated in 87...it was 1986....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2448 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:18 PM »

I do...I'm really looking forward to getting back into the Big Lake fishing...dusted off a bunch of dodger/flasher flies/squids, does anyone use cut bait anymore?  Got the dipseys out, NK's, Locos and good old J-Plugs...hopefully they still catch fish...it has been a while for me...not even sure what the latest arsenol is...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2449 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:19 PM »
 1987 I missed the first 2 days of high school, my van was broke down in the ball park  :w00t:...my mom was p i ssed...and yes the water was high on week days back then...man was that a fun major run....it was surprisingly crowded...
The ballpark Huh? Hell we must been fishing next to each other, 26 years ago..lol I love the pocket water above the old bath tub that was in the River by that concrete thing.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2450 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:21 PM »
I used to fish behind Tony's! Now I am just dating myself lol.. :D

Me and Rick were just talking about Tony's salmon Country the other day...remember the lines for fishing licences at tony's?  wow!!   and sometime in the 80's , that macdonalds sold more food during September than any other in the state .... I remember seeing it in the papers.....  I wonder what ever happened to "Heavy Eddie"..?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2451 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:24 PM »
I fix all the grills and the Ice cream machine in the Mcdonlds in Pulaski. They still do there best in the salmon season. That's cool for me, because in the fall I bring my gear up and go fishing before I go in there to work..

SNAGGER

« Reply #2452 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:25 PM »

I do...I'm really looking forward to getting back into the Big Lake fishing...dusted off a bunch of dodger/flasher flies/squids, does anyone use cut bait anymore?  Got the dipseys out, NK's, Locos and good old J-Plugs...hopefully they still catch fish...it has been a while for me...not even sure what the latest arsenol is...

I don't do the lake, but the guys here still use cut bait, not sure..  but I think it's a little later towards september...  same with the j-plugs..  I just here this stuff at the kitchen table while doing other things, I could find out what's what though...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2453 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Heavy Eddie..? wow now that's a name that I almost forgot about...lol..

Huntny30

« Reply #2454 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:27 PM »
I was a minor leaguer...I grew up on the little salmon...not nothing like it was back in the 80's and early 90's...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2455 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:28 PM »
 I don't do the lake, but the guys here still use cut bait, not sure..  but I think it's a little later towards september...  same with the j-plugs..  I just here this stuff at the kitchen table while doing other things, I could find out what's what though...
Adam2000 has a good handle on what you need send him a PM..

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #2456 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:28 PM »

Hunt,

I have been running cut bait all season.  It has been good.  Erie Deeri freeze dried has been the best for me.  Brine it in salt, sugar and water over night.  Sushi flies have been good too.  

SNAGGER

« Reply #2457 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:29 PM »
I was a minor leaguer...I grew up on the little salmon...not nothing like it was back in the 80's and early 90's...

That's for sure... This River is boring compared to then...but it still aint bad!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Huntny30

« Reply #2458 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Hunt,

I have been running cut bait all season.  It has been good.  Erie Deeri freeze dried has been the best for me.  Brine it in salt, sugar and water over night.  Sushi flies have been good too.  

Great Thanks for the info...

Huntny30

« Reply #2459 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:30 PM »
  That's for sure... This River is boring compared to then...but it still aint bad!!!!!!!!!!

The Little Salmon?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.