FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084148 times)

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2550 on: Aug 14, 2011, 09:33 PM »
True but if the river jumps enough you know a few will get anxious enough to I think
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2551 on: Aug 14, 2011, 09:34 PM »
True but if the river jumps enough you know a few will get anxious enough to I think

Tell me when and where and we'll go sniggle a few killer..... 8)
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2552 on: Aug 14, 2011, 09:39 PM »

Still pouring....just measured 2.4 inches for the day....2.2 earlier this week... Rain is parked right over us..building in place...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2553 on: Aug 14, 2011, 09:56 PM »
talk on LOU about people seeing kings in the estuary yesterday and today. maybe they are confusing mexico bay with the estuary :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

adam2000

« Reply #2555 on: Aug 14, 2011, 10:48 PM »
Frank did you get my text. Make sure you enter the derby

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

adam2000

« Reply #2557 on: Aug 14, 2011, 11:46 PM »
King at the trestle huh. I wanna believe it but kings don't run the river fast like cohos. At 185 with the warm water is it even possible for that fish to live more then 48 hrs.  Some fish might go upriver quicker some slower. But I usually figure a day to make it past dsr another day to get to the trooper. Then sportsman.  That's my rule of thumb for timing the runs. Im sure its not 100 percent but ever big run that came in I was at the hole about a hr before they showed up. I've heard some kings taking up to 3 weeks to get to the hatchery. Were cohos are up there in 3-4 days sometimes faster

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2558 on: Aug 14, 2011, 11:51 PM »
Ive never even fished the salmon run before, thats changing in a few weeks Adam as I will be fishing with Frank, but I even found that hard to believe with all I have been reading and listening about how this all works...its not like stripers here in NH that can holdover for the winter...I know the Samon cant do that so maybe 1 motivated fish?? lol He just got lucky and caught the only one to make it that far up this fast?

Looking forward to my first trip for salmon the week of Sept 11th!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

adam2000

« Reply #2559 on: Aug 15, 2011, 12:12 AM »
I have that week off of work so im sure we will meet.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #2560 on: Aug 15, 2011, 05:38 AM »
Frank did you get my text. Make sure you enter the derby

yup
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

griz104

« Reply #2561 on: Aug 15, 2011, 07:08 AM »
After reading all those posts about the Pineville bridge i have to let you all know that i fished that a LOT this past Spring.. and have to report that NO fish hold there At all!! I repeat no fish hold there..I had to fish there about a dozen and a half times before i figured that out and just wanted to save you guys some time by letting you know now...

bcons

« Reply #2562 on: Aug 15, 2011, 08:04 AM »
I stopped in the Port this morning on my way through.  Stood on the bridge drinking my coffee for bout 1/2 an hour from 6:45-7:15.   Not one single swirl, wake, or jump.  Dead calm, & nothing even remotely resembling salmon activity. 
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

draketrutta

« Reply #2563 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:21 AM »
I stopped in the Port this morning on my way through.  Stood on the bridge drinking my coffee for bout 1/2 an hour from 6:45-7:15.   Not one single swirl, wake, or jump.  Dead calm, & nothing even remotely resembling salmon activity. 

When the fish get closer, the charter boats get closer...

When the fish enter the estuary, the estuary turns into a parking lot full of bumper boats.
(i'd rather sit in a bar than fish the estuary - it is 100% Maroonville).

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

SNAGGER

« Reply #2564 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Ive never even fished the salmon run before, thats changing in a few weeks Adam as I will be fishing with Frank, but I even found that hard to believe with all I have been reading and listening about how this all works...its not like stripers here in NH that can holdover for the winter...I know the Samon cant do that so maybe 1 motivated fish?? lol He just got lucky and caught the only one to make it that far up this fast?

Looking forward to my first trip for salmon the week of Sept 11th!

Hopefully you'll time one of the mid Sept. coho runs..they are silly...

my rule of thumb adam is 2-3 miles a day for kings, unless the water is cold like in october or very high like last year ... 185cfs and 72 degree water it would take some time to get up river..  I haven't read the SC nonsense yet..what is there salmon at my house? ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.