FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084204 times)

dimebrite

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2580 on: Aug 15, 2011, 01:49 PM »
    Good story, they did move slow in 98, we tracked them from lower black to the papermill, after 3 days of a hook up on almost every cast we got bored...  hmmmm..August of 99? If I closed the Hotel...what kind of shape was I in? I bet if you stopped by I might remember....  

Yup shane, I hit Dem in dsr the first day ; next day they were gone; went to tail of black with many runniing still. Later that afternoon ballfoeld was thick. Third day ball field was still thick right until until we left. Hooking up every cast is an understatement...

Is anyone in good shape at closing time???? Lmao.....we actually butted heads a bit at first when talking fishingbut soon after came to terms... I remeber seeing your 80s steelhead album...

I'll have to stop by sometime. Thanks

dimebrite

« Reply #2581 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:06 PM »
  The King run 2 years ago on Labor day weekend, they made it from the lower black too the papermill in one day and were at the Trestle pool Monday morning.. River was 750cfs though so about 10 miles in 2 days..now Coho's can do the River in one day. they are rockets if the mood is right.. Just checked the hatchery, bad light, seen about 15 big browns,  1 fish could have been a king, but not sure...
was that monster brown still just belowthe ladder opening??? A true football to say the least...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2582 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Yup shane, I hit Dem in dsr the first day ; next day they were gone; went to tail of black with many runniing still. Later that afternoon ballfoeld was thick. Third day ball field was still thick right until until we left. Hooking up every cast is an understatement...

Is anyone in good shape at closing time???? Lmao.....we actually butted heads a bit at first when talking fishingbut soon after came to terms... I remeber seeing your 80s steelhead album...

I'll have to stop by sometime. Thanks

Butted heads? Not at the Hotel!!! ;D  Everybody is king of the river when there drunk at the hotel!!  The very last race way there was a big fish..not sure what is was..all the rest were way up top, and they were definely browns..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #2583 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:39 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a good run before labor day.   ;)  Seems to have been a cooler than usual summer.  And i got a feeling we will get lots of wet weather the rest of the month.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2584 on: Aug 15, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Seems to have been a cooler than usual summer ???????????  SAY  WHAT??????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

griz104

« Reply #2585 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:02 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a good run before memorial day.   ;)  Seems to have been a cooler than usual summer.  And i got a feeling we will get lots of wet weather the rest of the month.

I darn well hope we get a good run before Memorial Day!! If we don't a lot of people will be upset.. Guys were fishing today though.. Black Hole had 6 cars parked there and there were 7-8 guys fishing Long bridge .. So must be someone knows more then we do.. By the way Bazooka was only busting stones on the Memorial Day thing..I knew you meant Labor Day....

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #2586 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:08 PM »
i might have to come to the sr this weekend or next week and give it a look over who knows i might get into sum smallmouths if anything haha
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #2587 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:18 PM »

I darn well hope we get a good run before Memorial Day!! If we don't a lot of people will be upset.. Guys were fishing today though.. Black Hole had 6 cars parked there and there were 7-8 guys fishing Long bridge .. So must be someone knows more then we do.. By the way Bazooka was only busting stones on the Memorial Day thing..I knew you meant Labor Day....

:D

SNAGGER

« Reply #2588 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:21 PM »

Now your going to make me drive to Pulaski Griz...I probably will find out about the first runs on the computer this year.. most of my buddies are working this August..which is a good thing in this economy...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #2589 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:25 PM »
  Now your going to make me drive to Pulaski Griz...I probably will find out about the first runs on the computer this year.. most of my buddies are working this August..which is a good thing in this economy...

ill let uk what i hear snagger and we will have to get togethor
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

dimebrite

« Reply #2590 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:32 PM »
When it comes to august salmon in the river; you never know until you try. Even the sharpest eye can get tricked by what's lying in a fast deep run ;)

Plenty of smallies were around yesterday; even a few big red eyed uglies ... go get um

SNAGGER

« Reply #2591 on: Aug 15, 2011, 03:43 PM »

Well headin down there...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2592 on: Aug 15, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Cant wait to hear what you find Shane!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #2593 on: Aug 15, 2011, 04:32 PM »
  CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SMELL OF DEAD SALMON !!! :whistling: :whistling: :flag:

SNAGGER

« Reply #2594 on: Aug 15, 2011, 05:04 PM »

At first I thought I was going to half to put Griz on the list... no cars at the ballpark..no cars at the town pool..no cars at the long bridge..finally 4 cars at the black, but when I got down to the big black hole I found 6 guys drinking beer and watching there rods leaned up on there tackle boxs which were tightlining on bottom for whatever might bite. no one anywhere in pulaski fishing the rapids or looking for salmon.. Went to grocery store and came home.. Pretty much what I thought...nadda....

Even my buddy Mark got caught up in that nonsense horse terd talkin on SC..he was looking around too...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.