FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084302 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2595 on: Aug 15, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Sounds like that guy on SC is Smoking meth.. esoxv and I where up there yesterday. We didn't see any fish up high. Nothing at the Hatchery also. I posted that so everybody could see whats going on there. I think he's full of
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2596 on: Aug 15, 2011, 05:49 PM »
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #2597 on: Aug 15, 2011, 05:55 PM »
heard there was A king at the trestle today....that fish must have flew up the river to make it to the trestle without going belly up. Looks like we have a warmer weather pattern moving in for the next couple of days, supposed to get muggy then rain towards the weekend.

This is the year that I start a fishing journal...been meaning to for the last couple years just havent kept up on it. Would love to have some notes on last year that I could refer to, like how many times I fished in August before I actually saw some action. Seems like I do this to myself every year....let the anticipation get the best of me and make a few more trips than I really should with the water being like it is.

Maybe i'll keep it in check and go after smallies in the morning again, been killing them on top water foam poppers/gurglers in the Oswego. Swinging them on a tight line and poping the rod as it swings through the current...unbelievable stuff. Fish will come back and hit these things a half dozen times or more. They'be been chasing the shad hard lately and these those poppers just trigger strikes.

griz104

« Reply #2598 on: Aug 15, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Snagger.. didn't mean to cause you to run down there but just got it on a VERY good report that a SMALL pod of Kings did indeed come in today and there has been a FEW jumping and such in the estuary..Key words being SMALL and few.. Nothing major in anyway shape or form.. I Have fished with this guy for 35 years and he would not lead me on one bit.. if he says they were there then indeed they were there!! I still think it will be a couple more weeks till any amount come in...

griz104

« Reply #2599 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:08 PM »
By the way from what he told me everything he saw was down by Rt. 3 bridge..NOT further upstream...

dimebrite

« Reply #2600 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Sounds like that guy on SC is Smoking meth.. esoxv and I where up there yesterday. We didn't see any fish up high. Nothing at the Hatchery also. I posted that so everybody could see whats going on there. I think he's full of

When the sun peeked out yesterday I saw a few kings in the ladders. A few other guys and a lady saw them as well... the water was very dark though and visibility was tough... nothing to write home about though. And this is not a steel cage attempt; im just sayig what I saw....

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2601 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:24 PM »
No biggie man.. I am just saying what we seen. It was a down pour and dark out,, Did see a gull feeding on a four pound Brownie in altmar.

nightfisher

« Reply #2602 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:34 PM »
 Me and the Mad Iceman were at the hatchery yesterday morning, didnt see anything in the ladders but the light was bad.

dimebrite

« Reply #2603 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:39 PM »
N ;)o biggie man.. I am just saying what we seen. It was a down pour and dark out,, Did see a gull feeding on a four pound Brownie in altmar.

Said well crappie ;)

While fishing for smallies yesterday my son got a little ways down stream from me and I noticed he was occupied very deeply with his 17 dollar push button zebco. Next thing I know he's yelling "dad I've got a salmon"... I look down to see him pulling on a monster brownie carcass that was picked away a little by the gulls.  Even better; he managed to hook it in the mouth... I quickly ran down and snapped off my high dollar gamagatsu off set shank 2/0 along with my yamamoto creature I had on his hook. It was pretty priceless to say the least... btw; he is only four and a half...

KingPerch

« Reply #2604 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:41 PM »
  CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SMELL OF DEAD SALMON !!! :whistling: :whistling: :flag:
Hey Wayne...Good to see you poppin' in, just in time for mudshark season!!! ;D Maybe catch up with you this year!! ;)--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

esox v

« Reply #2605 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:43 PM »
No biggie man.. I am just saying what we seen. It was a down pour and dark out,, Did see a gull feeding on a four pound Brownie in altmar.
We looked hard for fish in Oswego and the SR from 2pm till dark and came up with a big 0 ....  spent a lot of time wading through the water and man.... it feels warmer than 70 .
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #2606 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:44 PM »
are you sure they weren't browns you were looking at?  there were some big browns there the other day

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2607 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:58 PM »
I thought this was kind of silly/funny so wanted to share:

Ask A Salmon

Dear Salmon,

After several catastrophic relationships, I've finally found the right man. But old habits die hard. After all those cheating jerks, it requires great will for me to trust this prince of a man. I find myself reading his mail, listening to his messages, even following him around. How do I handle this situation? I don’t want to ruin a wonderful thing!

—Worried In Walla Walla

Dear Worried,

Spawn! Must... spawn! Body turning scarlet! Must find stream where born! Must swim up rapids! Swim! No stop! Must leap up rapids! Upstream! Females upstream! Upstream where females are! Females will see red body! Will spawn with females! Must swim! Must spawn! Upstream! Must throw self up and over waterfalls! No stop! No stop to eat! No rest! Must spawn!

Dear Salmon,

I am a happily married woman with a loving husband who is also my best friend. We've been together for 17 years, and I couldn't be happier. But suddenly he wants separate beds! We’re barely into our 40s, and to me, sleeping apart is for seniors—or singles. Am I making too much of this? Help!

—Bugging Out In Bakersfield

Dear Bugging Out,

Spawning time! Ignore succulent caddisfly! Ignore mayfly! No time! Must spawn! No eat! No time! Ignore smelt! Ignore minnows! Swim! Upstream to spawn! Spawn spawn spawn spawn spawn! Leap over rapids! Leap rocks! Leap logs! Leap leap leap! River swollen with salmon! Tiny, pink, internal testicles swollen for spawn! Swollen! Swollen with sperm-rich spawning fluid! Fluid to drop on eggs in silt! Silky eggs! Beautiful eggs! Will spawn with eggs! Unnh! Must... spawn!

Dear Salmon,

My husband, who I love very much, was recently laid off. Ever since, he's been riding the couch, watching TV while I work to support us both. I know unemployment hurts a person's confidence, but I’m not his mother! How can I get him up and looking for work?

—Annoyed In Annapolis

Dear Annoyed,

Grizzly bear eat friend! No stop! No help friend! Am only salmon! Salmon must spawn! Ignore hungry bear! Ignore nets! Ignore danger! Will die unless can spawn! Will also die after spawn! Everybody die! No help it! No help self! Ignore death! Think only spawn! Spawn! Leap! Go! Jump! Think only of lovely eggs! No stop! Upstream swim! To spawn! Spawn!

Ask A Salmon is a weekly syndicated advice column that appears in over 250 newspapers nationwide
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

dimebrite

« Reply #2608 on: Aug 15, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Positively... there were monster browns as well... it took time to get adjusted but after time I saw them. As said though; no competition here and all that post here are respected by me. Im just saying what I saw. The browns were footballs; far from looking like kings... the kings seemed to have been moving as well as I didn't see them hold in one spot for long... the browns stayed put. I saw 2 other fish paired up that were not as fat and quite slender with a greenish back... thought they were maybe steelies; but again it was low visibility...lastly I don't think any of the browns were 20+...  ;)

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #2609 on: Aug 15, 2011, 07:53 PM »
there are a couple browns there at the hatchery that is and a couple atlantics there is one big one hangin around the hatchery is saying 25 plus pounds!!!!!! was there and spoke to a couple people that work there known them for years ex. use to work there..... hope i'm trusted for good info!!! lol
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.