FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084110 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2655 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Thats what im talking about!!! Im really looking forward to it!! I'll bring you some more Sox gear! ;-)

blue shirt  large not extra large... pedroia and elsbury... i'll pay you for it... I need a new  salmon shirt to cut the sleeves off on...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2656 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:18 PM »

A monster run was on going on Sept 11th 10 years ago at the lower black, well we can't fish that beautiful area no more unless you want to shell out 45 bucks a day, we used to have a riot there during early runs..what a shame.... I missed it..I was glued to the TV that day in history.....

So was I....im in Abu Dhabi in the Middle East right now because of that day...will be home in 2 weeks.... but because of that single event life changed for all of us. I was working, doing Department of Defense work, in Atlanta when it all happened. I was in my office which overlooked the Atlanta airport runway....most amazing thing I had ever seen watching the entire sky have planes all coming in for landings and none taking off. As far as the eye could see in the sky airplane after airplane the whole airport looked like a parking lot for planes once they were all grounded.

Shane isnt DSR all catch and release now too? Even for the Salmon?
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2657 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:18 PM »
  blue shirt  large not extra large... pedroia and elsbury... i'll pay you for it... I need a new  salmon shirt to cut the sleeves off on...

YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #2658 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:23 PM »
So was I....im in Abu Dhabi in the Middle East right now because of that day...will be home in 2 weeks.... but because of that single event life changed for all of us. I was working, doing Department of Defense work, in Atlanta when it all happened. I was in my office which overlooked the Atlanta airport runway....most amazing thing I had ever seen watching the entire sky have planes all coming in for landings and none taking off. As far as the eye could see in the sky airplane after airplane the whole airport looked like a parking lot for planes once they were all grounded.

Shane isnt DSR all catch and release now too? Even for the Salmon?

yep that was an amazing day.. I was waiting for the market to open up and the planes came in live.. it was scary stuff...who knows what DSR rules are now. they won't be happy til it's 200 a day and Atlantic's only...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2659 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:25 PM »
  yep that was an amazing day.. I was waiting for the market to open up and the planes came in live.. it was scary stuff...who knows what DSR rules are now. they won't be happy til it's 200 a day and Atlantic's only...

Unreal!!

I'll never fish there so im not too worried about it, I cant afford all Sage equipment to be like one of their normal customers LOL

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2660 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:25 PM »
Thats what im talking about!!! Im really looking forward to it!! I'll bring you some more Sox gear! ;-)

I just tied my first trolling fly and named it jeter. You know why cause its gonna get hits. I don't know if I can fish with another red sox fan.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2661 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Adam I picked up an Atlantic today...no Kings wanted to play...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

SNAGGER

« Reply #2662 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Unreal!!

I'll never fish there so im not too worried about it, I cant afford all Sage equipment to be like one of their normal customers LOL

I just have alot of youthful memories down there before it was the DSR, and alot more memories from the lower black area...we keep getting pushed up river, which in turn makes it more crowded and more tention, plus the fishin isn't as good as the old days because of it...it's legal, so nothing you can do about it..but it was a fun place for regular folks at one time....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2663 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:31 PM »
I just tied my first trolling fly and named it jeter. You know why cause its gonna get hits. I don't know if I can fish with another red sox fan.

I'll make sure to be fully decked out in the 2011 World Series Champion gear as we fish....Whats Jeter batting like .240?? I'll tie up some Jacoby's!!!

LOL

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #2664 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:31 PM »
that fly might just get a ton of hits i'm sure the fish will get sick of hearing it whine and smack it around  :w00t: :rotflol: :w00t: :rotflol:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

adam2000

« Reply #2665 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Adam I picked up an Atlantic today...no Kings wanted to play...

Heard mixed reports today. How deep were you? Any size to the atlantic?

adam2000

« Reply #2666 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:32 PM »
that fly might just get a ton of hits i'm sure the fish will get sick of hearing it whine and smack it around  :w00t: :rotflol: :w00t: :rotflol:

Whine? We are talking about jeter not swisher

SNAGGER

« Reply #2667 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:33 PM »
I'll make sure to be fully decked out in the 2011 World Series Champion gear as we fish....Whats Jeter batting like .240?? I'll tie up some Jacoby's!!!

LOL
   Blue shirts... not red..fish can see you...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2668 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:34 PM »
Heard mixed reports today. How deep were you? Any size to the atlantic?

26"- marked a lot of fish...fished from 120 all the way back into 50, boats were spread out pretty good...tried moving in to pick up some browns but they didn't want to play either...got a good sunburn though...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #2669 on: Aug 16, 2011, 10:34 PM »
   Blue shirts... not red..fish can see you...
true but even gamma knows they cant see red  :cookoo: :cookoo: :whistling: :cookoo:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.