FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084112 times)

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2790 on: Aug 17, 2011, 01:22 PM »

ohh i cant waittt til this season
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

griz104

« Reply #2791 on: Aug 17, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Sorry bout that Snagger.. They decided to work on the internet here and never tell anyone.. just shut you down... Yes i remember Big Eddie.. That was a really nice mount.. I don't know how many time we used to park behind Tony's and stay the weekend..Used to fall out the door and roll down the hill and we were right at one of the best holes on the river.. Just happened to think i used to own one of those Custom Vans back in the day when they were popular.. Mine was light Blue with a Dark blue Starsky and Hutch stripe on it..We either spent the weekend behind Tony's.. down at the Black Hole or up at George Pollack's gravel pit on the upper end of Trout brook...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2792 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Sorry bout that Snagger.. They decided to work on the internet here and never tell anyone.. just shut you down... Yes i remember Big Eddie.. That was a really nice mount.. I don't know how many time we used to park behind Tony's and stay the weekend..Used to fall out the door and roll down the hill and we were right at one of the best holes on the river.. Just happened to think i used to own one of those Custom Vans back in the day when they were popular.. Mine was light Blue with a Dark blue Starsky and Hutch stripe on it..We either spent the weekend behind Tony's.. down at the Black Hole or up at George Pollack's gravel pit on the upper end of Trout brook...

Man I must have fished next to you a bunch.. I used to have a 1976 ford leisure van with tinted window's, bucket seats ..sink ..bed..refrigerator.. and also fished behind tony's.. used to fish big leaders at the tailout above the bears... That's what we called those guys that would sit on that big rapids in chairs til someone yelled out "Comin Up"... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2793 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:17 PM »

Nice fish Gill...hey what kind of bootfoot neoprenes are those? They look rugged... i'm always lookin for a decent pair, but I think after 33 years I'm going to break down and buy a pair of Simms...Theres just no reasonably priced waders anymore that last even one year..sad.. maybe i'll boil some walnuts and stain them so i don't look like a yuppie... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #2794 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:22 PM »

Nice fish Gill...hey what kind of bootfoot neoprenes are those? They look rugged... i'm always lookin for a decent pair, but I think after 33 years I'm going to break down and buy a pair of Simms...Theres just no reasonably priced waders anymore that last even one year..sad.. maybe i'll boil some walnuts and stain them so i don't look like a yuppie... ;D
thx snag, and i cant remember ive had them since i was 15 and im 19 haha i remember seein a pair like them at gander mountain for 130 and there really nice i use them for fishin and duck hunting there insulated and just awsome, oh and i sent you a request on facebook
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #2795 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:27 PM »

i'm always lookin for a decent pair, but I think after 33 years I'm going to break down and buy a pair of Simms...Theres just no reasonably priced waders anymore that last even one year..sad.. maybe i'll boil some walnuts and stain them so i don't look like a yuppie... ;D

SIMMS!  Goodness, man!  What will all your friends say?!?!

Half of the guys on this thread might disown you.  Actually, with the respect you garner, those guys will buy G3's or something.

No shame in buying the best gear you can afford, Brother.  Its not like you fish twice a year or something.  Buy something that will last!

Not sure why some of these guys get so fired up about judging other anglers...  Nice to see that open-mind of yours, Shane.

Before you know it, you're gonna' have longhair and crank Jerry tunes in the Starcraft!  Okay, okay...  That's a bit nuts.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2796 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:28 PM »

snag I've always had goof luc with cabelas waders. My ne0prenes were like 120 and I've put them through some abuse duck hunting. My fishing one are cabelas too im on my 4 th season with them. My guide pros before that got like 10 yrs on them

adam2000

« Reply #2797 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Simms are real nice but man 500 bucks. Ll bean makes good ones too. I heard orvis is all hype but they do replace them only problem is your without waders every other week. All my stuff is cabelas sand I have no complaints and I mean everything all my hunting stuff except deer that's scentlok and all my waders.

adam2000

« Reply #2798 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:33 PM »
If you get simms though then all re spey rodders will talk to you :o :o :o

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #2799 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:43 PM »

Dont buy the freestones...they're garbage!! I was thinking the same thing last season...why not just spend a little coin and get a pair that will last...not.

One of the first times I took the freestones out I bumped up, and i mean bumped, on a rock with my thigh and it put a hole it them. Sure you can send them back and have the fixed/replaced for a nominal fee but as soon as you get them back and slip and take a spill in those forget about it...there's going to be another hole. I thought spending 200 bucks on a pair of waders would leave me set for a while but man was I mistaken...I guess if you want a quality product from simms you have to buy the top of the line gear. g3's....$550....come on...these are waders we're talking about.

On the other hand my father bought a pair of dry plus breathable cabelas and they are WAY more durable than my freestones...and I'm talking head a shoulders above the simms freestones. I'm going back to the 5mm neoprenes...durable, warm...and if you take care of the seems they last quite a long time and you dont have to worry about running into a stick going through the friggin woods in them.

griz104

« Reply #2800 on: Aug 17, 2011, 03:57 PM »
SIMMS!  Goodness, man!  What will all your friends say?!?!

Half of the guys on this thread might disown you.  Actually, with the respect you garner, those guys will buy G3's or something.

No shame in buying the best gear you can afford, Brother.  Its not like you fish twice a year or something.  Buy something that will last!

Not sure why some of these guys get so fired up about judging other anglers...  Nice to see that open-mind of yours, Shane.

Before you know it, you're gonna' have longhair and crank Jerry tunes in the Starcraft!  Okay, okay...  That's a bit nuts.

Now that was just plain funny!! For some reason i think he has all ready went thru the long hair phase and as for Jerry well that is a whole other matter.. Snagger when i get up that way again i will drop by and say hello.. I was cruising around that way the other day on the Harley but it was more for something to do then anything.. That was the day i saw the guys at Long Bridge and Black Hole.... You might be to young for this but do you remember the guy from Syracuse who had the Black Lab with him all the time.. He fished below the Black Hole and his dog caught more Salmon then he did.. That was back in the day when if they caught you in the water before time to fish they nailed you with a 100 dollar fine!!  We know as we visited your Court House on a couple occasion's!!!

griz104

« Reply #2801 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:03 PM »
 Man I must have fished next to you a bunch.. I used to have a 1976 ford leisure van with tinted window's, bucket seats ..sink ..bed..refrigerator.. and also fished behind tony's.. used to fish big leaders at the tailout above the bears... That's what we called those guys that would sit on that big rapids in chairs til someone yelled out "Comin Up"... ;D

We moved from Down at what is now the DSR to up behind Tony's when they started charging to get in the DSR.. Think it was only Five bucks a guy at first but we were so ticked that somebody could shut down a great fishing area so easy and charge people to fish there.. I lived in Pa. at the time and there was no internet.. we were all smiles and giggles till we got up there and where we had parked for years now had signs along the road "No Parking"..I had forgot all about the guys in Lawn Chairs sitting in the River..LOL     We fished many a day in the Fall down to Fall Creek for the run of Browns in the Fall also.. Also fished behind the Cemetary just going out of Ithaca many times..Hardly ever missed a opening day at Catherine Creek and the breakfast at Millport Fire hall...You could always find us at the Power Plant hole at Montour Falls....

SNAGGER

« Reply #2802 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:36 PM »

Well I refuse to spend 500 for waders.. I've never spent more than 125 in my life..i was thinking you could get a good pair for 300 guess not..huh Erney...Well if everything is outsourced including Simms..it's a crap shoot no matter what you buy... Your right Addam up until 3 years ago Cabelas made a decent pair and so did stearns.. the stearns were rugged, but as with everything..since they didn't leak after walking through barbed wire ..they were bought out by toggs and they are crap now , like everything else....  what a world we live in...can't even pay up for quality anymore..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

adam2000

« Reply #2803 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:45 PM »
     Well I refuse to spend 500 for waders.. I've never spent more than 125 in my life..i was thinking you could get a good pair for 300 guess not..huh Erney...Well if everything is outsourced including Simms..it's a crap shoot no matter what you buy... Your right Addam up until 3 years ago Cabelas made a decent pair and so did stearns.. the stearns were rugged, but as with everything..since they didn't leak after walking through barbed wire ..they were bought out by toggs and they are crap now , like everything else....  what a world we live in...can't even pay up for quality anymore..
all ill buy is cabelas waders. I looked into orvis and ll bean before I got the ones I have now they are like pro guide welded or something. I haven't had a problem andi fish more than most and am pretty hard on equipment

SNAGGER

« Reply #2804 on: Aug 17, 2011, 04:47 PM »
We moved from Down at what is now the DSR to up behind Tony's when they started charging to get in the DSR.. Think it was only Five bucks a guy at first but we were so ticked that somebody could shut down a great fishing area so easy and charge people to fish there.. I lived in Pa. at the time and there was no internet.. we were all smiles and giggles till we got up there and where we had parked for years now had signs along the road "No Parking"..I had forgot all about the guys in Lawn Chairs sitting in the River..LOL     We fished many a day in the Fall down to Fall Creek for the run of Browns in the Fall also.. Also fished behind the Cemetary just going out of Ithaca many times..Hardly ever missed a opening day at Catherine Creek and the breakfast at Millport Fire hall...You could always find us at the Power Plant hole at Montour Falls....

Did you ever see the guys at Ellis cove during snagging season on big step ladders..really ... there was always a few guys doing it...it was great entertainment while I would be handing out cards at the parking lot.  Cemetary area on the inlet used to be awesome in November and I grew up on Fall creek.. I wonder how many times we actually fished the same pool Griz. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.